Raytheon

3.4
1,545 Reviews

Raytheon Chairman and CEO William H. Swanson
William H. Swanson

Pros
  • Work-life balance is excellent for such a large accounting organization (in 180 reviews)

• Time-off: 9/80 schedule allows for 9 hour workdays and every other Friday off (in 133 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience didn't value work/ life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management often doesn't recognize how it is different from manufacturing (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great customer to support!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

The customer you are supporting makes your work very rewarding. You know that you are impacting the lives of your customer each day. The work environment was very friendly and each person was easy to get along with. The team I was on held fun outings every few months. The management team I was under communicated very well with us and let us know how we could improve and rewarded us when we went the extra mile. The people were very willing to show you new things and help you learn new areas of the system. Teamwork was very important in the group I was a part of.

Cons

The location I was at and the specific program I was on did not have many opportunities for advancement. I had to look outside my immediate program.

I did not interact with Senior Management very much.

Ok place to work, but little future for a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Due to my security clearance and shift work the pay is great, much more than a new grad could expect otherwise.

Cons

Shift work requires you to nearly give up any social life you have. Getting time off can be difficult. Internal job openings seem to be a formality, they already know who they are giving the job to, this makes for a frustrating experience and gives little hope for moving up in the company.

Give jobs based on performance and desire, not on seniority only.