Razorfish

www.razorfish.com

Razorfish Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Pete Stein

Pros
  • The hours provide a reasonable work life balance for an agency(in 33 reviews)

• Razorfish also has a lot of very smart people who are the main reason to work here(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance, salary not competitive(in 11 reviews)

• Unstable long term outlook for client list, Long long hours, this is not the company to get promoted at - bad review process(in 20 reviews)

Great People

ProsGreat People, great clients, great projects

ConsA bit unstructured, might be an agency thing though...

A respectable company to work for with impressive global scale.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid project management thinking; good internal infrastructure and systems to get work done.

ConsCulture varies somewhat office to office even with the US but that is to be expected.

Very mixed experience - beware if you are an ambitious woman

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery, very smart people. Well positioned for the future of digital. Good work-life balance for an agency. Overall, people are exceptionally nice. Not a ton of politicking for a company of this size.

ConsAn absolutely awful, pathetic place for women in leadership positions - just dismal. Women are not promoted, strong women are considered bitchy, vast majority of leadership is white men in their 40s. It's incredibly discouraging. Women are just not taken seriously.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great live-work balance, smart people

(Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMature working environment. For the most part, very minimal politics. Company has strong vision of the type of work they are going after and understand how to hire for most positions. Good time off and flexibility in working schedule. If you are interested in become an expert in an industry, you'll get long-term exposure - not a lot of moving around from account to account.

ConsNot enough diversity in leadership - very white/male centric leadership. For women especially, dismal outlook on moving up beyond Lead role. Creative leadership is also lacking, which ends up producing average work. Count out bonuses - I've never seen them and meager raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake on riskier client work to stimulate and reward big thinkers. Truly back up your words about trying to increase diversity in leadership.

Great place for UX. Not so great for designers.

Senior Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of smart, intelligent people. Great place if you're looking for a more UX experience. They also have great work/life balance.

ConsLack of company culture. Easy to get lost in the fray. Too many young designers getting promoted too quickly.

Very smart people with great work ethic, but less cutting edge than one would think.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat salaries
    Great people
    Fun workspace in a great location
    Great benefits

ConsGenerally bring employees in with a lower title than that which they applied for
    All processes are very manual
    Utilization requirements cause lots of shifting from project to project
    Razorfish in general seams to have the right ideas, but Publicis relies too much on Razorfish to pull the weight of it's lesser performing companies.

Not a good place for serious technology development

Group Director (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTrendy, 20-somethings all eager to move ahead in their careers. Some smart older people who know digital marketing quite well. Beware of the amazing time-off benefits. It's an illusion.

ConsReality doesn't matter. Whatever the client wants, they get. Never mind what the development teams say is possible. It doesn't matter. Do whatever it takes and get it done when we promised (without consulting you). And the VPs lie like crazy to upper management to hide bad news and spin problems into minor bumps in the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the line-level staff if you care. If you don't, then just keep doing business as usual.

It's a great place to work!

Senior Information Architect (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAwesome and super smart colleagues. Great office. Interesting project. Fab benefits. More days off than you could imagine.

ConsThe path upward could be a bit clearer.

Good learning experience overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFor the most part, everyone is professional and friendly. A lot of very talented people in the creative department.

ConsTends to get cliquey at times, almost like a high school with a "cool crowd" that picks who they want to let in. Management isn't always great about communicating what's going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more and let people know what's going on.

Great company with smart people and great culture

ProsThe people are smart, motivated and genuinely nice. Great place to learn and grow. There is also a great culture, with happy hours and fun offsite events. It's no Google with free food everyday, but HR and the company are very focused on making it a fun place to work.

ConsLots of management changes and restructuring.

Worked for Razorfish? Contribute to the Community!