Razorfish Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
3.6

Pete Stein

Pros
  • The hours provide a reasonable work life balance for an agency (in 35 reviews)

• Razorfish also has a lot of very smart people who are the main reason to work here (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / life balance may be good to some degree with tons of paid time off BUT you will work on those days off (in 14 reviews)

• Unstable long term outlook for client list, Long long hours, this is not the company to get promoted at - bad review process (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to cut your teeth, stuck in a rut

Current Employee - Experience Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Experience Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Razorfish full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good life-work balance, people generally care for your well-being, some really smart people.

Cons

Stuck in an old model, feeling pressure from the technology side and the consulting side. It's having a hard time finding its voice. In many ways, its hard to see a future where Razorfish is still relevant or at least at the forefront. It either needs to find other ways of providing value outside of media and advertising, or accept that's all we do.

Amazing culture and highly intelligent group of people

I worked at Razorfish full-time

Pros

great benefits, team oriented, opportunities for growth are plenty

Cons

hard to think of them

Great learning opportunity, great environment

Current Employee - Functional Analyst Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Functional Analyst Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Razorfish as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing environment, exciting clients and fun people to be around.
    Kegs on tap!

Cons

Slow work /busy work sometimes

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good manager = Good internship

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Razorfish as an intern for less than a year

Pros

1) I had a fantastic manager for my internship. He set up a ton of meetings for me to get exposure to all aspects of the company and allowed me to connect with current employees early on. This allowed me to develop relationships with some extremely smart people to work with and have as a resource.
    2) My project was very interesting and taught me many professional skills to carry forward.
    3) The atmosphere of the office is fantastic, the free beer and food was great.
    4) Location within Chicago could not be better.

Cons

1) Pay is laughable for interns.
    2) Your experience was very dependent on your manager. I saw many disappointed interns because their manager wasn't willing to put in the time to develop a plan for their intern over the summer or give them direction.
    3) The intern project was relatively unstructured. Definitely had to reach out for resources.

I had a fantastic experience, but again, that's because I probably had one of the best managers compared to the other interns.

Really delve into structuring your internship program more definitively.

Opportunities & Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Razorfish full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of places to go here. Good clients, solid opportunities and chances for growth. Nice work environment overall. Good reputation. Many locations in US and globally.

Cons

Very business oriented, lots of layers and bureaucracy - as is to be expected from a large company that's owned by an even larger company.

Use the talent that you attract better. Create chances for your people to show what they can do.

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Information Architect  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Information Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Razorfish full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the work environment. I get to work on a broad range of projects. Opinions are respected and co-workers are very understanding. It is a relaxed work environment where everyone works hard to achieve common goals. Hours are flexible and there are many holidays and parties.

Cons

There is a long ladder to climb to move up. Job security depends on happiness of clients.

Great experience, poor work/life balance

Former Employee - Media Planner  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Seattle, WA

I worked at Razorfish full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really smart people doing innovative things. Management is very good at providing feedback and making you feel valued.

Cons

Slow rate of promotion. Poor work/life balance.

Recognize the value that your employees are giving and pay them what they deserve, especially given the long hours.

Up and down, but not up a lot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Razorfish full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mostly good people, often interesting work

Cons

Poor client engagement, not a lot of interesting stuff in the pipeline.

Cumbersome corporate chaos since being acquired by Publicis

I have been working at Razorfish full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous holiday schedule, casual work environment, nice office space, great benefits plan, nice corporate discount programs, consistent offerings throughout the year for training and seminars to improve specific skills or knowledge in various areas within the industry.

Cons

Leadership has changed repeatedly over the years, general feeling of instability, 4 rounds of layoffs since the beginning of 2013, communication is inconsistent company-wide, the culture is borderline abusive and inherently disrespectful between teams, bad behavior is ignored, and in some cases even rewarded, bonuses are non-existent for most employees, merit raises (when they happen) are 1-3%, promotions are a mystery

Great place to work, in the long run, you're not growing your portfolio by leaps and bounds

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Razorfish full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful working environment, wonderful people, good management, fostering environment for ideas, creativity is often not pushed beyond the ask to meet the client brief

Cons

Creative work can often be stripped down to bare nuts and bolts. Stagnation can hit in weeks and months with little creative work produced or pushed live. People running the accounts are not as concerned with the opinion of "they're producing great work" more often its "they're making their client happy and meeting expectations of sales/consumer growth/deadlines/coming in on budget.

Very smart people, love their clients, creative is often a slave to media advertising, social media, long-term heavy e-commerce site and the occasional big digital idea that exists as a viral campaign, microsite, large-scale cross-platform experience.

Worked for Razorfish? Contribute to the Community!