Razorfish

www.razorfish.com

Razorfish Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Pete Stein

Pros
  • The hours provide a reasonable work life balance for an agency (in 33 reviews)

• Razorfish also has a lot of very smart people who are the main reason to work here (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance, salary not competitive (in 11 reviews)

• Unstable long term outlook for client list, Long long hours, this is not the company to get promoted at - bad review process (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Culture

Trafficker (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSmart people, great benefits, lots of fun

Conscompensation could be a little better

Advice to Senior Managementmore outside work functions for better moral

Work-Life Balance Second to None

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexibility! As long as you meet all your deadlines, you can have flexibility with your schedule for doctor's appointments, kid activities, family obligations, etc. Work from home when the weather is bad, or if you're expecting the cable guy, etc. I've turned down offers from other employers because they couldn't offer such flexibility.

The people are awesome to work with. We are all open-minded and creative. Innovation comes from collaboration!

The benefits are great and I've never had any issue with the health care, vision, or dental benefits.

They do love to booze up the staff. Every time there's a party or a function, out pops the alcohol. Every "company outing" seems to be somewhat alcohol fueled.... followed by Kareoke or Ping Pong. It's really a fun company to work for. I love the culture.

The company values SKILLS, rather than a college degree. I'm the second oldest in my team, at 36 years old and never graduated college, but my experience and skill set won over the college grads trying to get the job. I'd say they have an eye on talent. You live and you die by your work quality.

They also offer a yearly alolotment for continued education. $3,000 to put towards conferences, classes, or educational programs. If you can use it, take it. The company also has their own educational portal that you can use at home. Learn new things on your own time, or on the 40 hours per year that they offer to use company time for education. It's great!

ConsEach department is siloed and you really never know what other departments are doing, EVEN WITH THE SAME CLIENT. Issues tend to come up when one department suggests something that the other department recommended just the opposite solution. There's occasionally some effort to minimize this, but we have to do it all on our own most of the time to find out and correct discrepancies in recommendations BEFORE the client sees them.

The payscale isn't as high as industry standard. I could easily get $10k more from switching into a similar position somewhere else. Every year there's an employee survey and pay is always the lowest satisfied rating, but they refuse to address that issue. Instead they add more company perks, freebies, lunches, and parties rather than do individual raises. For me, I consider that if it was that important to make more money I'd switch jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster more interdepartmental activities. Not too often we even meet the folks from teams we don't directly work with. I'd say some time to do training in another department would benefit everyone. I train someone in what I do, I get training in something someone else does, etc. There are a lot of open doors in this company, but we just don't know if we could fit there enough to apply.

Good company to work with

ProsVery flexible work schedule and good work culture

ConsMore on front end technologies

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment

ProsYoung vibrant community, very intelligent group

ConsNothing comes to mind at this time

Fantastic team in need of better client roster

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork in a brand new, state-of-the-art office surrounded by the smartest minds in user centered experience design and business transformation.

ConsThere is a real lack of incoming clients with needs that match the talent of the team and with pockets deep enough to keep the Publicis overlords happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that the team needs the right kinds of projects, not just any project.

Razorfish has provided the best ad agency working experience, particularly in terms of how employees are treated.

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe vibe is awesome and most people at the company are very smart. There is emphasis on employee happiness, with plenty of opportunities to socialize and learn outside of your specific role.

ConsThere is a clear divide between the media and creative/strategic sides of the company - so much so that working on each side is like working at a different agency. Unless you work on the right account, it is very difficult to get much interaction and exposure to the "other side" - and very rare to have mobility between the two sides.

_

Account Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLearning opportunities, training, people, perks

ConsLong hours, management, tech, tools

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation

Great company to work for.

Operations (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLots of opportunity to work with great clients and extremely smart people / teams. You'll grow and learn from some of the best.

ConsLike all marketing service businesses, there can sometimes be frustrations due to changes in clients, long hours, etc.

Good company, but limited opportunity

ProsFlexibility
    Good upper management
    Good compensation package

ConsNot enough career growth
    Struggling with new business opportunities
    C-Suite doesn't do a good job of addressing struggles
    Pay doesn't seem competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more opportunity for career growth, for those that are deserving. Upper management tends to be too nice, promoting people that are "favorites" of management, but have limited experience in actually doing the roles.

Great work environment

Media Supervisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-opportunity for grow
    -managers are invested in your future
    - good work/life balance
    -many employees have been with the agency for many years

Cons-performance-based compensation could be better

Worked for Razorfish? Contribute to the Community!