ReTargeter

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Arjun Dev Arora

A true start up in the heart of the city with values not seen often in the corporate world.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Great company culture
    - adaptable job that lets you participate in many aspects of the business
    - open lines of communication
    - great location
    - fantastic product support (so important in Sales)
    - so much talent across the board
    - steadfast leadership
    - evolving product
    - personal and professional development

Cons- work/life balance is tough
    - processes are not established
    - transition period

all cons are normal cons of start-up life and I wouldn't say any of them are excessively worse here than anywhere else in the city.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the values at the head of the company. With that said remember these take many forms in your employees so continue to look for the positive in each other.

Great potential but poor direction, leadership politics and lower than standard pay.

Wouldn't You Like to Know (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWhen I started at ReTargeter, the culture was exceptional. Company morale was high and values were fairly highly held throughout the company. They offered a gym membership to Sports Club LA, which is very very nice as well as pretty decent health. The kitchen was fairly stocked, but tended to be snack type foods and soda. Catered lunches help offset the cost of lunch in the city.

ConsWhile there, leadership seemed to take a slow turn for the worst. From the top down, there was a disconnect from management to lower level employees, leading to companywide frustrations and a lot of people leaving unhappy. The sales team had trouble retaining talent and hitting goals, and the account management team was often worked very hard and had below industry standard pay. Marketing was very lean and could have used direction and help. Negative performance at work did not often lead to getting let go - and layoffs were usually due to management.

ReTargeter still has great potential, but current management needs a reality check and is very young/entitled.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear up the direction, develop a level pay structure based on performance and value, and build from the bottom up, not the top down.

Poor Management, Completely Unorganized"

ProsFree Lunch
    Great gym membership
    Nice Location

ConsManagement is a joke. They spend all their time preaching the "values" and never follow through with anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with what you say. Stop worrying about the values and start focusing on the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A positive experience with a lot of personal accountability.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA tight knit crew of hard working young professionals. The culture requires total transparency from department to department down to the individual. The dress is casual and the conversations get outrageous with so many different backgrounds co-existing in such a small space.

ConsIts a startup so nothing is predetermined, sometimes processes have to be jury-rigged until a time where it is no longer the most efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe team building events are definitely a highlight.

Culture focused and values driven company that practices what they preach

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Fun and supportive work environment
    - Lots of education and access to development for personal and professional growth
    - Given autonomy from leadership to set goals and achieve them
    - Leadership is supportive of new ideas and willing to test anything
    - Client focused so there is high integrity behind decisions
    - A profitable company that knows how to make money
    - Working here feels like a second family
    - They hire for values, not just for talent.

Cons- The company is moving from a startup to a mature company and this means that there are lots of changes happening all the time. It's a culture of learning and growth that requires flexibility and adaptability from employees-- but this isn't for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. It's an honor to be a part of this company.

Incredible potential for personal/professional growth, and the most transparent company I've ever seen

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI've been here eight months, and have learned far more than I did in any previous job.
    I feel that I've been given an incredible opportunity for personal and professional growth, and in a relatively short period of time, ReTargeter has already helped me come very far, both in terms of personal growth and professional skill development.
    I'm lucky to have a manager who has taught me a ton, helped me grow within my role, and entrusted me with expanding responsibilities as appropriate.
    The most striking thing about ReTargeter is transparency. Transparency in this company is on another level. I don't know of any example of a company where upper management is so open about everything from high-level strategy to hiring/firing decisions.
    In my experience, management is incredibly receptive to feedback, be it good or bad, and I have never felt as if my opinion isn't valued. To the contrary, feedback is responded to positively and I always am acknowledged for speaking my mind.
    I'm so glad I found the opportunity to work for ReTargeter, and I continue to be excited to come to work every day and build something amazing.

ConsThe biggest con is the noise level. It tends to be a more active workplace, and I really prefer quiet. But then again, it's a personal preference and it's pretty easy to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe worst mistakes I think we've made have been being too quick to hire, and not having a super streamlined hiring process.

Poor Management, Poor Decision Making, Lack of DIrection, No work / Life balance, False commisson earnings potential

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFree Lunch
    Foosball
    Toys in office - nerf guns, remote control helicopters (I was hit in the head while on a sales call)
    Most of the Employees are Nice
    Nice Office View/Location

ConsTerrible Base Salary
    They set expectations of making 200k OTE at a $3 million quota. This make it impossible to reach 6 figures, and when you put in 12 hours days which was tough.
    Deals are really small. Sales are quick, but you don’t get the "Ahh Ha" moment after closing a deal.
    Lack of motivation for this reason.
    No Work / Life Balance AT ALL
    Management Leads with Fear and don't value your own opinion
    Extremely condescending environment
    I didn't realize this at the time, but it didn't provide me with any solid experience to grow off of. Just a black hold on my resume

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP LEADING WITH FEAR AND TALKING DOWN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES.
    Make commission structure more reasonable, or at least pay more than 3% on a sale.
    Run a company outside of your values quote "- Respect, Intelligence, Humility, Hustle, Adaptability” You don't have to put this all of the office and mention it in every meeting. It gets old.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, I wish I never did.

Incredible opportunity to build something amazing

ProsSince I have been here at Retargeter, my growth personally and professionally has been exponential. Here at Retargeter you are hired to grow into your position, you are not hired to simply fill a seat. Management is focused on consistently helping the team grow in both aspects.

One of the greatest things about Retargeter is the value wall. We currently and will always have our 7 values on our main wall so we can never lose sight of the great values that got us to this point. As we grow we want to ensure that we never lose these core values. This has led to transparency that is second to none. I have never worked for a company that is so transparent about everything. This transparency has created the strong rapport within the team. I do have to say that it is quite refreshing to work for a company where I know management as well as my co-workers are truly concerned about my interests and feelings.

Now of course Retargeter has some other great pros which include happy hours, catered lunches, toys in the office, and a great location. To me these are all secondary since I work with such great people and we all have the same goal in wanting to build something special.

ConsThe noise level can be a distraction at times. It is a very active office overall so that has plenty to do with it but it is pretty easy to cope with.

Some would say the hours can be long, but I would answer that by saying we are a start up. Hours are going to be longer than most when you work in a start up and to be honest I have so much fun here at Retargeter that the time really does fly.

A great place to learn how to become a leader from a management team that wants you to succeed.

ProsThis company is comprised of individuals that all want the same thing: to build something special. Very rarely can a management group get an entire company to focus and achieve goals in such a fluid and cohesive way. You have the ability to learn constantly and apply your lessons to real world situations instantly. I have never left the office without feeling like I did not learn something valuable that day.

ConsBeing a start-up there are always things to get done. I knew this going into my position and it does not bother me that much, but it can be overwhelming at times. This pushes you to learn new ways to be efficient with your time.
    The company is constantly growing and thus the need for old processes to be changed can be glanced over. This creates inefficiencies at times and can linger until someone takes charge to make the adjustment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster a learning environment in which people can develop themselves.

Worked for ReTargeter? Contribute to the Community!