ReTargeter

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
4.0

Arjun Dev Arora

An awesome opportunity in SF in a rapidly changing industry

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ReTargeter full-time for more than a year

Pros

-For the most part, a great group of people to work with
    -Stress on values, something that isn't really seen in the Valley
    -Great location in SF
    -Solid benefit package, including catered lunches

Cons

-Massive turnover - CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, plus a ton of account execs and account managers left, all around the same time
    -Poor leadership currently in place, although company is humming along
    -Passed over by a lot of companies in the space, thanks to funding
    -A lot of internal politics, makes you feel like you're back in HS

There is something wrong with the leadership there, and we don't know what (probably not privy to it). It doesn't make sense that so many companies adjacent to ReTargeter are getting acquired, yet we weren't being considered.

My suggestion is that the leadership figure out how to get on the same page, and establish a goal.

Great potential but poor direction, leadership politics and lower than standard pay.

Former Employee - Wouldn't You Like to Know  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Wouldn't You Like to Know in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ReTargeter full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started at ReTargeter, the culture was exceptional. Company morale was high and values were fairly highly held throughout the company. They offered a gym membership to Sports Club LA, which is very very nice as well as pretty decent health. The kitchen was fairly stocked, but tended to be snack type foods and soda. Catered lunches help offset the cost of lunch in the city.

Cons

While there, leadership seemed to take a slow turn for the worst. From the top down, there was a disconnect from management to lower level employees, leading to companywide frustrations and a lot of people leaving unhappy. The sales team had trouble retaining talent and hitting goals, and the account management team was often worked very hard and had below industry standard pay. Marketing was very lean and could have used direction and help. Negative performance at work did not often lead to getting let go - and layoffs were usually due to management.

ReTargeter still has great potential, but current management needs a reality check and is very young/entitled.

Clear up the direction, develop a level pay structure based on performance and value, and build from the bottom up, not the top down.

Poor Management, Completely Unorganized"

I have been working at ReTargeter

Pros

Free Lunch
    Great gym membership
    Nice Location

Cons

Management is a joke. They spend all their time preaching the "values" and never follow through with anything.

Follow through with what you say. Stop worrying about the values and start focusing on the business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A true start up in the heart of the city with values not seen often in the corporate world.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ReTargeter full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great company culture
    - adaptable job that lets you participate in many aspects of the business
    - open lines of communication
    - great location
    - fantastic product support (so important in Sales)
    - so much talent across the board
    - steadfast leadership
    - evolving product
    - personal and professional development

Cons

- work/life balance is tough
    - processes are not established
    - transition period

all cons are normal cons of start-up life and I wouldn't say any of them are excessively worse here than anywhere else in the city.

Keep the values at the head of the company. With that said remember these take many forms in your employees so continue to look for the positive in each other.

Culture focused and values driven company that practices what they preach

I have been working at ReTargeter full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fun and supportive work environment
    - Lots of education and access to development for personal and professional growth
    - Given autonomy from leadership to set goals and achieve them
    - Leadership is supportive of new ideas and willing to test anything
    - Client focused so there is high integrity behind decisions
    - A profitable company that knows how to make money
    - Working here feels like a second family
    - They hire for values, not just for talent.

Cons

- The company is moving from a startup to a mature company and this means that there are lots of changes happening all the time. It's a culture of learning and growth that requires flexibility and adaptability from employees-- but this isn't for everyone.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's an honor to be a part of this company.

A positive experience with a lot of personal accountability.

I have been working at ReTargeter full-time for less than a year

Pros

A tight knit crew of hard working young professionals. The culture requires total transparency from department to department down to the individual. The dress is casual and the conversations get outrageous with so many different backgrounds co-existing in such a small space.

Cons

Its a startup so nothing is predetermined, sometimes processes have to be jury-rigged until a time where it is no longer the most efficient.

The team building events are definitely a highlight.

Incredible potential for personal/professional growth, and the most transparent company I've ever seen

I have been working at ReTargeter full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been here eight months, and have learned far more than I did in any previous job.
    I feel that I've been given an incredible opportunity for personal and professional growth, and in a relatively short period of time, ReTargeter has already helped me come very far, both in terms of personal growth and professional skill development.
    I'm lucky to have a manager who has taught me a ton, helped me grow within my role, and entrusted me with expanding responsibilities as appropriate.
    The most striking thing about ReTargeter is transparency. Transparency in this company is on another level. I don't know of any example of a company where upper management is so open about everything from high-level strategy to hiring/firing decisions.
    In my experience, management is incredibly receptive to feedback, be it good or bad, and I have never felt as if my opinion isn't valued. To the contrary, feedback is responded to positively and I always am acknowledged for speaking my mind.
    I'm so glad I found the opportunity to work for ReTargeter, and I continue to be excited to come to work every day and build something amazing.

Cons

The biggest con is the noise level. It tends to be a more active workplace, and I really prefer quiet. But then again, it's a personal preference and it's pretty easy to deal with.

The worst mistakes I think we've made have been being too quick to hire, and not having a super streamlined hiring process.

Incredible opportunity to build something amazing

I have been working at ReTargeter

Pros

Since I have been here at Retargeter, my growth personally and professionally has been exponential. Here at Retargeter you are hired to grow into your position, you are not hired to simply fill a seat. Management is focused on consistently helping the team grow in both aspects.

One of the greatest things about Retargeter is the value wall. We currently and will always have our 7 values on our main wall so we can never lose sight of the great values that got us to this point. As we grow we want to ensure that we never lose these core values. This has led to transparency that is second to none. I have never worked for a company that is so transparent about everything. This transparency has created the strong rapport within the team. I do have to say that it is quite refreshing to work for a company where I know management as well as my co-workers are truly concerned about my interests and feelings.

Now of course Retargeter has some other great pros which include happy hours, catered lunches, toys in the office, and a great location. To me these are all secondary since I work with such great people and we all have the same goal in wanting to build something special.

Cons

The noise level can be a distraction at times. It is a very active office overall so that has plenty to do with it but it is pretty easy to cope with.

Some would say the hours can be long, but I would answer that by saying we are a start up. Hours are going to be longer than most when you work in a start up and to be honest I have so much fun here at Retargeter that the time really does fly.

A great place to learn how to become a leader from a management team that wants you to succeed.

I have been working at ReTargeter full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is comprised of individuals that all want the same thing: to build something special. Very rarely can a management group get an entire company to focus and achieve goals in such a fluid and cohesive way. You have the ability to learn constantly and apply your lessons to real world situations instantly. I have never left the office without feeling like I did not learn something valuable that day.

Cons

Being a start-up there are always things to get done. I knew this going into my position and it does not bother me that much, but it can be overwhelming at times. This pushes you to learn new ways to be efficient with your time.
    The company is constantly growing and thus the need for old processes to be changed can be glanced over. This creates inefficiencies at times and can linger until someone takes charge to make the adjustment.

Continue to foster a learning environment in which people can develop themselves.

Worked for ReTargeter? Contribute to the Community!