ReachLocal Reviews

Reset
3.3
ReachLocal CEO Sharon Rowlands
Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely flexible with schedule and work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Trying to get a book of business built up can be hard, and if you don't build one quickly then you are subject to being let go (in 14 reviews)

• Strict rules about office time- forces every employee to be in the office 8 hours per day- even OUTSIDE sales people (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a job that I love coming to every day. The people have always been the best aspect. Everyone is very supportive and you always get the chance to learn from one another. Culture is great. We constantly get to have themed days and get to do outreach projects as a group. In terms of working in the online marketing industry, Reach seems to be one of the best places to be. You get to learn so much about all the different aspects, and you get a chance to have your opinion heard. The area the office is great. Finally, management in my department has been amazing. I have had great guidance to help be develop my professional career. They are always willing to help in any way and hear different perspectives.

Cons

A con that I have seen is communication between departments could be better. Also, due to the number of systems an average employee works in it can take longer to train someone. This is often a cause of frustration for new employees has they try to remember where to go for what. Finally, the number of changes that we have gone through in the last few years has been hard at times.

Advice to Management

Keep pulling in different departments and leaders on projects to make sure everyone is on the same page with projects as well as communication. Continue to keep the advertiser in mind in everything we do. Have more leaders like Mesha who go above and beyond for the advertiser, company and employees.

2. Awesome place to get your start in Marketing Sales

I worked at ReachLocal

Pros

The company was built on a solid sales foundation, where training came first and they gave employees the opportunity to be successful as long they work hard.

Cons

There really aren't any cons.

Advice to Management

Management has changed a lot, the early leaders are no longer with the company.

3. Good company working hard to turn things around

I worked at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

A very driven and talented group of people with a state-of-the-art selection of products that actually work. Definitely a leader in their industry.

Cons

Going through some growing pains, including layoffs. Stock value has been near all time low for almost a year.

5. Great place!!!

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

I love working here! I have been here for a couple months. The pay is good, the people are friendly, the environment is very fun, and the location is great too!

Cons

No downsides that I can think of!

Employees all jumping ship.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely laid back company (even in the corporate offices), very casual dress, everyone on first-name basis, chances for growth within the company (when available).

Cons

Company not profitable right now which means no one gets bonuses or raises, and as such most of our technology and product department employees have left or are leaving the company in the very near future. Lack of good communication between teams and departments leads to constant breakdowns in even the simplest of processes, even those that are repetitious.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and you'll be running the company by yourselves very soon.

Sales Executive

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

This is a the second time I have worked for this company and so far, I have to say it has been night and day compared to the first time here. My sales manager is very knowledgeable and supportive and I definitely believe he wants me to succeed. As for the training staff during "boot camp," I found it very informative and easy to follow. Alex, Katy and Andrea are fantastic trainers and since Katy and Andrea were in sales roles before and know what it takes to be successful, their helpful tips were extremely valuable. This has been a wonderful experience so far and I believe it will only get better from here.

Cons

I think management should have new employees start a full 5 days before boot camp in order to complete all of the foundation work (certifications,etc) needed. I started 2 days before boot camp so I was only able to get a few things accomplished before boot camp.

Advice to Management

I think all new employees should start at least 5 days before boot camp.

8. Overall Review

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Woodland, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Woodland, CA

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

Great Team, Competitive Payroll, Environment to grow

Cons

No good channel of communication between projects

9. ReachLocal

I worked at ReachLocal

Pros

Growing company that just went public.

Cons

High turnover in the sales department.

10. ReachLocal is a great employer

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1 Company culture- very employer friendly & flexible 2 New Corporate office- beautiful new office 3 Great leadership 4 Industry leader and reputation 5 Incredible employee benefits 6 Reinvests in company and technology 7 No pressure sales model 8 Great mission and values

Cons

1 Transitional period/employee cuts 2 Pay 3 Communication

11. Best Company!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Work/Life Balance, No micro management.

Cons

Process and management. There are not a lot of cons. This is a great company.

Advice to Management

Work on listening to your team.

RSS Feed </> Embed