ReachLocal Reviews

Reset
3.4
ReachLocal CEO Sharon Rowlands
Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely flexible with schedule and work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Trying to get a book of business built up can be hard, and if you don't build one quickly then you are subject to being let go (in 14 reviews)

• Strict rules about office time- forces every employee to be in the office 8 hours per day- even OUTSIDE sales people (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a job that I love coming to every day. The people have always been the best aspect. Everyone is very supportive and you always get the chance to learn from one another. Culture is great. We constantly get to have themed days and get to do outreach projects as a group. In terms of working in the online marketing industry, Reach seems to be one of the best places to be. You get to learn so much about all the different aspects, and you get a chance to have your opinion heard. The area the office is great. Finally, management in my department has been amazing. I have had great guidance to help be develop my professional career. They are always willing to help in any way and hear different perspectives.

Cons

A con that I have seen is communication between departments could be better. Also, due to the number of systems an average employee works in it can take longer to train someone. This is often a cause of frustration for new employees has they try to remember where to go for what. Finally, the number of changes that we have gone through in the last few years has been hard at times.

Advice to Management

Keep pulling in different departments and leaders on projects to make sure everyone is on the same page with projects as well as communication. Continue to keep the advertiser in mind in everything we do. Have more leaders like Mesha who go above and beyond for the advertiser, company and employees.

2. Enjoying my time at ReachLocal!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful and energetic culture. In depth training and Onboarding process with a great deal of information to learn. Forward thinking in terms of innovative ideas and technology, while focused on continuing to be the best in the industry.

Cons

Continue communicating business goals to employees and keeping all groups in mind as the organization progresses.

Advice to Management

Continue building on the culture of "One ReachLocal" and looking for more opportunities to be transparent to the business.

3. Great Entry-Level Company

Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent culture with great people to work with. Great training. Lots of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Limited experience using industry tools.

Advice to Management

Performance based management. Focus on positive reviews and how you support your coworkers.

5. Been there over 2 years. Learned the true meaning of digital online marketing.

Former Employee - Team Lead Se3
    Former Employee - Team Lead Se3

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will have the best education on how Adwords work. You will have the opportunity of making really good money.

Cons

There is no growth in inside sales. Churn and burn. They are no longer profitable.

Advice to Management

You should have promoted he right people and keep the ones that help started it all.

6. Awesome place to get your start in Marketing Sales

Pros

The company was built on a solid sales foundation, where training came first and they gave employees the opportunity to be successful as long they work hard.

Cons

There really aren't any cons.

Advice to Management

Management has changed a lot, the early leaders are no longer with the company.

7. Good company working hard to turn things around

I worked at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

A very driven and talented group of people with a state-of-the-art selection of products that actually work. Definitely a leader in their industry.

Cons

Going through some growing pains, including layoffs. Stock value has been near all time low for almost a year.

Not the place to be...

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great recruiters and sales managers that painted a great picture.

Cons

The entire go to market strategy was greatly flawed. Managers had less experience than some sales representatives which put them in an adversarial position. Leadership was lacking throughout because of the clique mentality and office politics.

Advice to Management

Merge with a competitor or sell the company outright. The platform is your best asset.

Employees all jumping ship.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely laid back company (even in the corporate offices), very casual dress, everyone on first-name basis, chances for growth within the company (when available).

Cons

Company not profitable right now which means no one gets bonuses or raises, and as such most of our technology and product department employees have left or are leaving the company in the very near future. Lack of good communication between teams and departments leads to constant breakdowns in even the simplest of processes, even those that are repetitious.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and you'll be running the company by yourselves very soon.

10. Great place!!!

Pros

I love working here! I have been here for a couple months. The pay is good, the people are friendly, the environment is very fun, and the location is great too!

Cons

No downsides that I can think of!

Sales Executive

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plano, TX

Pros

This is a the second time I have worked for this company and so far, I have to say it has been night and day compared to the first time here. My sales manager is very knowledgeable and supportive and I definitely believe he wants me to succeed. As for the training staff during "boot camp," I found it very informative and easy to follow. Alex, Katy and Andrea are fantastic trainers and since Katy and Andrea were in sales roles before and know what it takes to be successful, their helpful tips were extremely valuable. This has been a wonderful experience so far and I believe it will only get better from here.

Cons

I think management should have new employees start a full 5 days before boot camp in order to complete all of the foundation work (certifications,etc) needed. I started 2 days before boot camp so I was only able to get a few things accomplished before boot camp.

Advice to Management

I think all new employees should start at least 5 days before boot camp.

RSS Feed </> Embed