ReachLocal Reviews

419 reviews filtered by
3.1
ReachLocal CEO Sharon Rowlands
Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next (in 11 reviews)

• Effective leadership team with good incentives and work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They aren't going to hand you a book of business and they expect performance from their employees (in 14 reviews)

• Sales people should not be limited to a strict 8 hour policy (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a job that I love coming to every day. The people have always been the best aspect. Everyone is very supportive and you always get the chance to learn from one another. Culture is great. We constantly get to have themed days and get to do outreach projects as a group. In terms of working in the online marketing industry, Reach seems to be one of the best places to be. You get to learn so much about all the different aspects, and you get a chance to have your opinion heard. The area the office is great. Finally, management in my department has been amazing. I have had great guidance to help be develop my professional career. They are always willing to help in any way and hear different perspectives.

Cons

A con that I have seen is communication between departments could be better. Also, due to the number of systems an average employee works in it can take longer to train someone. This is often a cause of frustration for new employees has they try to remember where to go for what. Finally, the number of changes that we have gone through in the last few years has been hard at times.

Advice to Management

Keep pulling in different departments and leaders on projects to make sure everyone is on the same page with projects as well as communication. Continue to keep the advertiser in mind in everything we do. Have more leaders like Mesha who go above and beyond for the advertiser, company and employees.

2. A fun, competitive, high-paced, sales position in the digital marketing vertical.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a fun work environment, with a great new office. The training is top notch.

Cons

Early hours, high pressure optimistic expectations, too many managers

Senior Account Executive

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at ReachLocal

Pros

Great product suite that customers need.

Cons

Inadequate management , no respect for sales people.

Advice to Management

Start from the beginning game plan and cherish your sales people.

sales rep

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is an internet only product that have good intentions but only at the right budget if you sell a customer under the recommended budget it will not work.

Cons

Don't try to help you succeed with training You either figure out their software or you leave the company

Advice to Management

Get better training about how reachlocal sets up programs and how to set up a proper budget to begin with.

Account Executive

I worked at ReachLocal full-time

Pros

Technology is best in class. Good repoting as well

Cons

Too expensive for target market. Management does not have a clue how to approach market. Reps are everywhere stepping over each other to get a prospect to speak with them. Quotas are ridulous

Advice to Management

Get a real sales operations function to create some. Territories. A business intelligence so reps can prospect effectibely

7. Good work/life balance

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work / life balance
    Great down to earth people with families
    Allows people to do their best

Cons

Need more product innovation (80% focus on 80% of product revenue)
    Allow intergroup rotation to increase knowledge / career opportunities

Advice to Management

More product innovation

Very high expectations, very low pay

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and lively co-workers
    Flexible work schdeule

Cons

Very low pay
    Little incentive financially to go above and beyond
    Constant turnover and restructuring

Advice to Management

Give more incentives and a more optimistic outlook for the company in order to keep more employees and keep them happy and working hard.

9. I have been representing ReachLocal since 2003 and never regretted the decision to join the company directly in 2010.

Current Employee - IMC | CRC | AE III | DMC in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IMC | CRC | AE III | DMC in New York, NY

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I always have conducted my business as a business development specialist and the tools that ReachLocal provides me with, are the cutting edge of digital marketing. If my clients would feel they don't get what they expected from my activities - they most likely would not retain my services year in and year out. I love the fact that I am the face of the company to them -- and it is only when they are satisfied - that I am as well. If someone looking for a "job" from 9-5 and don't really care what happens any other time -- then they should not join RL - they may be a better fit at the USPS or UPS.

Cons

Certainly there is always room for improvement and my experience in the past 2 years especially, has shown that the company keeps striving for improvements. They admitted errors they made in restructuring and have always taken steps to make things better,..
    In essence - if you want to blame Adobe for failing to be a graphic designer - then one should have been honest from the get-go and not pretend to be one. The same applies here -- if you failed at ReachLocal you most likely will fail in any entrepreneurial function at any other company as well. Look at the ones who are successful - and then you will see the difference. The "con" here is - that you are free to conduct your business as you feel fit -- and if that's M-F from 9-5 -- you will fail.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and continue to seek the input and advice from the core consultants - that have a proven track record - to ensure the company is heading in the right direction.

Wasn't committed to technology

I worked at ReachLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is decent. Lots of like minded professionals

Cons

When I worked there in 2009-2013, they did not have a committment for innovation with Google Adwords and reporting

Worst run company ever!

I worked at ReachLocal

Pros

Learned about the online space

Cons

This was initially a really good company, but I have never worked at a place where the politics is so crushing. Horrible leads, good people were let got and the management that was brought in to improve sales had NEVER sold anything. The company is not going to do well ever! and stop blaming sales! Another problem is that the business model just does not work, do the math!

Advice to Management

Less politics, fewer meetings, improve the leads, stop blaming sales! But it's all to late anyway!