ReachLocal Reviews

Reset
4.1
ReachLocal CEO Sharon Rowlands
Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely flexible with schedule and work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Trying to get a book of business built up can be hard, and if you don't build one quickly then you are subject to being let go (in 14 reviews)

• Strict rules about office time- forces every employee to be in the office 8 hours per day- even OUTSIDE sales people (in 26 reviews)

1. Exactly what I was looking for in the ever changing Digital Media world!

Current Employee - IMC - NY in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IMC - NY in New York, NY

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

Having worked in the on-line space for a vertical specific company previously, to working for Reachlocal now; it is a pleasure to work for a company that doesn't limit my abilities to help businesses with their on-line exposure and presence because "it is not vertical specific". The number of companies that I can work with now are limitless. It is very satisfying when you tell a company that you can help them... It's another thing when you can actually have an impact on their bottom line! Reachlocal allows me to do just that!

Cons

Excuses and Results... Which one are you..... The only con is if you want to make excuses for not working hard, otherwise there are none.

2. Definitely More Ups then Downs.

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

Working at ReachLocal has been a great experience. I work with great people, in a great environment, with great products, and have given lots of room to grow. I've worked at ReachLocal for 42 months and have had plenty of ups and downs. Its hard work but you have the ability to help your clients really gain in a tough economy. I have 32 clients that really mean the a lot to me. I know all about their business and they know all about me. Working side by side with business owners has been a great experience. I'm at a good point in my ReachLocal career. I'm about to hire an Account Manager in the next few months and then try to take "my book" of business to the next level.

Cons

No doubt the first two years were really tough for me. I was new to internet marketing and new to making a lot of calls. You need to make a lot of calls, you need to learn a lot about the industry and learn more everyday. It constantly changes. You need to be able to deal with all different kinds of people and personalities. You need to be able to sell. Depending on how well you do and how quick you do it will foreshadow your future at ReachLocal. They give you the tools and the technology. You just have to do it. You will have your Cheese Moved.

Advice to Management

Everyone is different, you can't manage everyone the same. Finding out their strengths and maximizing those. Helping them with their weaknesses.

3. Love my career at ReachLocal!

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

ReachLocal is an innovative and fast moving place to work! I love that I get to work with local businesses every day and build media strategies to help them be successful, both online and offline. This job isn't a sales job, it is a true consulting job working with businesses to help them succeed in business. I love that I get to help companies grow and expand with the ability to truly track their marketing to see what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't really think there are any cons to this job, but this job isn't for everyone. You have to work hard and continuously keep up on industry changes. If you are looking for just a sales job, ReachLocal isn't for you. You need to have marketing experience and understand local businesses to be able to deliver effective media strategies to them.

5. Great opportunity for development and experience

Current Employee - Program Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

I started at ReachLocal 6 months out of college and have now been here for 3 years. I have seen multiple sides of the business and have enjoyed my experience within them all. During my time with ReachLocal, I have worked beside numerous people and leaders that are invested in continuously building and developing my skill set. The investment to become a leader in the digital media space is contagious and encourages its employees to stay on top of their game! RL is invested in their employees and if you show the desire to want more, they will help you get their!

Cons

Not many cons working at ReachLocal. Only one I could say is somewhat the lack of resources and help to get things done. If you are a self starter and have an entrepreneur spirit RL is the place for you!

What an incompetent place to work an how they treat talent.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at ReachLocal

Pros

If you really needed a job its better than unemployement!

Cons

They will not inform you what is going on with your future!

Advice to Management

Upper management was completely clueless and unorganized.

7. one of the most professional and exciting companies I have ever encountered

Current Employee - RSM Chicagoland in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RSM Chicagoland in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

Working for a large company can be challenging at times, I came from a 2 Billion Dollar organization which had absolutely NO communication or care for its employees. Since the day I started with ReachLocal I have been blown away with how the company listens to their employees to continue to make the business better. Working for ReachLocal is extremely rewarding and actually a ton of fun, you never know what the company is coming up with next which keep it very exciting. Finally and most important personally is the way this company treats its clients, our clients are the most important aspect of our business and the company will do absolutely anything in its power to make sure every client is as successful as possible. I have been with a larger company that thought customer service was a privilege not a necessity, I can now go to work everyday knowing I have the support and backing of a company that cares as much about our clients as we do. ReachLocal is really just an awesome place to work and I can;t wait to see what's next here!

Cons

I don;t believe there are any downsides to working at ReachLocal if you are actually ready to work. You will be entering an exciting work environment with a company that leads the space.

Good first job out of college but not a career

Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Campaign Professional in Plano, TX

I worked at ReachLocal

Pros

Great environment, young, fun co-workers. Free coffee Good benefits Decent entry level career

Cons

Call center job Much more of a technical job than they make it sound

9. Feel honored to work at ReachLocal

Current Employee - Customer Advocacy in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Customer Advocacy in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

I came from a Retail background so one thing that I always look for in a job is the ability to help people. Being in Customer Advocacy or Campaign Services, you have a sense of helping not only the local offices within ReachLocal but our clients as well. You face challenges everyday where you have to troubleshoot and be supportive. It is a job where you have to make sure all the puzzle pieces fit. When I leave the office everyday, I feel that I was able to accomplish solving problems and turning bad situations into a better ones. Not only have I built long last business relationships between the employees within my office but across the company. ReachLocal understands Work/Life Balance which coming from Retail has been a breath of fresh air. All in all, I feel honored to tell people that I work for ReachLocal.

Cons

ReachLocal is a fast growing company which means that nothing is set in stone. Polices and processes change often. You need to be able to adjust quickly, which can be hectic and frustrating at times.

10. Hard work pays off!

Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

They see how hard you work and acklowedge it. When there are areas you excel at, they help you get there.

Cons

I wish there were more women in management positions.

Advice to Management

Great opportunity for those who are willing to apply themselves

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

ReachLocal is an industry leader when it comes to internet marketing. They offer a vast array of products and services to help SMB's and provide transparent reporting for clients to track their ROI. The office is a great place with plenty of positive energy (and ping-pong). If you are willing to work hard and smart you will be very successful at ReachLocal.

Cons

You can't be afraid of cold calling or canvassing otherwise your time at ReachLocal will be brief.

RSS Feed </> Embed