ReachLocal Reviews

415 reviews filtered by
3.2
ReachLocal CEO Sharon Rowlands
Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next (in 11 reviews)

• Effective leadership team with good incentives and work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They aren't going to hand you a book of business and they expect performance from their employees (in 14 reviews)

• Sales people should not be limited to a strict 8 hour policy (in 26 reviews)

1. Great Company & Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people and opportunity available to earn money and grow your book of clients in a way that suits you. Essentially, you are able to work as though you are running your own business.

Cons

Can work long hours - At the end of the day you put in what you get out so if you want to be successful within the company and achieve the larger commission packages you need to be prepared to think outside the box and put the time in.

2. I have been representing ReachLocal since 2003 and never regretted the decision to join the company directly in 2010.

Current Employee - IMC | CRC | AE III | DMC in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IMC | CRC | AE III | DMC in New York, NY

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I always have conducted my business as a business development specialist and the tools that ReachLocal provides me with, are the cutting edge of digital marketing. If my clients would feel they don't get what they expected from my activities - they most likely would not retain my services year in and year out. I love the fact that I am the face of the company to them -- and it is only when they are satisfied - that I am as well. If someone looking for a "job" from 9-5 and don't really care what happens any other time -- then they should not join RL - they may be a better fit at the USPS or UPS.

Cons

Certainly there is always room for improvement and my experience in the past 2 years especially, has shown that the company keeps striving for improvements. They admitted errors they made in restructuring and have always taken steps to make things better,..
    In essence - if you want to blame Adobe for failing to be a graphic designer - then one should have been honest from the get-go and not pretend to be one. The same applies here -- if you failed at ReachLocal you most likely will fail in any entrepreneurial function at any other company as well. Look at the ones who are successful - and then you will see the difference. The "con" here is - that you are free to conduct your business as you feel fit -- and if that's M-F from 9-5 -- you will fail.

Keep doing what you are doing and continue to seek the input and advice from the core consultants - that have a proven track record - to ensure the company is heading in the right direction.

3. 5 years in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Personal development.
    Team meetings are always fun and different - runs, spin class, cricket, rounders, yoga, meditation...
    Family Day in the summer.
    Has helped employees move to other cities/counties to work in ReachLocal in other locations.
    Great people to work with.
    Themed call days where everyone gets involved.
    Great incentives - not just for the sales teams!
    Great managers.
    Games room.
    Trips to Google.
    Trips to Google in other counties.
    Friday drinks trolley.

Cons

Don't expect 9-5 regardless of the role!
    No employee benefits.

Need better employee benefits.

5. Opportunity

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being made accountable.
    Surrounded by knowledgeable and hard-working people.
    Opportunity to be part of a growing business.
    Proper coffee, ping-pong, pool table, showers, gym culture, fresh fruit delivered.
    Google-powered sales incentives.

Cons

Need Coke instead of Red Bull!

6. Great working atmosphere and growing product opportunities

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for ReachLocal now for 3 years and have seen the company grow over this time. There is a fantastic working atmosphere, especially in the Northern offices, and the growing product ranges is really opening up the opportunities in the digital marketplace.

Cons

The business can become your life.

7. Huge On Personal Development

Current Employee - IMC in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IMC in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- If you are someone who is big on personal development this is for you
    - With new recent structural and managerial changes there are now career development plans which allow us to map out our own personal road maps and goals we want to achieve.
    - Laid back work environment with lots of socials and incentives
    - Pays well and is rewarding
    -Get to work with a high caliber of employees

Cons

- once you gain a large client base workload can be hard to manage.

8. Awesome people & a fast-paced environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great office atmosphere and culture
    - Fun collegues
    - Good earning potential
    - Good work perks
    - New to market technology
    - Talented people

Cons

- Lack of clear development path
    - Fast turnover of staff

9. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ReachLocal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a job that I love coming to every day. The people have always been the best aspect. Everyone is very supportive and you always get the chance to learn from one another. Culture is great. We constantly get to have themed days and get to do outreach projects as a group. In terms of working in the online marketing industry, Reach seems to be one of the best places to be. You get to learn so much about all the different aspects, and you get a chance to have your opinion heard. The area the office is great. Finally, management in my department has been amazing. I have had great guidance to help be develop my professional career. They are always willing to help in any way and hear different perspectives.

Cons

A con that I have seen is communication between departments could be better. Also, due to the number of systems an average employee works in it can take longer to train someone. This is often a cause of frustration for new employees has they try to remember where to go for what. Finally, the number of changes that we have gone through in the last few years has been hard at times.

Keep pulling in different departments and leaders on projects to make sure everyone is on the same page with projects as well as communication. Continue to keep the advertiser in mind in everything we do. Have more leaders like Mesha who go above and beyond for the advertiser, company and employees.

10. Internet marketing Consultant

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

A good SEM technology system

Cons

There are many competitors in the market.

11. Reachlocal truly cares about it's clients and customers!

I have been working at ReachLocal

Pros

The company treats the business as a democracy. We have the freedom to express ourselves, work an easy schedule, and there is continuous training throughout your tenure here. I left the company after almost a year, as I thought I had a better opportunity. I realized what a mistake that was almost immediately. I left on great terms, and they welcomed me back with open arms. They have the best intentions for the customer, and instead of just taking their money, they will turn down business if it doesn't make sense for the business owner. Everything they do is about growing you, and teaching you to be the best sales person (with actual morals). Hours are great, and management has that of a servant leader mentality. Friendly competition. GREAT ability to move up and around in the company.

Cons

The leads aren't the worst, but they're not the best. Really my only complaint. . And it's not that bad of you have a hunger and good work ethic.

Scrub the leads better. Maybe hire someone to just go through all the leads and separate national, from local, from inside sales.