Reachlocal
www.reachlocal.com Woodland Hills, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Reachlocal Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Sharon Rowlands

Pros:
  • "They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Base salary for an IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) is"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "They aren't going to hand you a book of business and they expect performance from their employees"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Sales people should not be limited to a strict 8 hour policy"
    in 24 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sinking Ship

ProsThey have good health benefits.

ConsRL is supposed to be a "Digital Company" but run their business like the Yellow Pages of old. Compensation for Sales Reps is deplorable and training is more propaganda than actual reality.
    There is no clear direction for this company and calling RL a SaaS Company is laughable to say the least.
    The "Platform" is out dated and support, after massive layoffs this month, is nearly obsolete.
    The morale and culture is horrible and the new executives have destroyed this once good company. It's a "Me" attitude from the top down and that will ultimately be the downfall of ReachLocal!

Advice to Senior ManagementTo little to late. Your story has come to an end.

Good work environment, but broken company.

Campaign Professional (Former Employee)
    Shreveport, LA

ProsThe work environment was great, and I truly enjoyed the company of my coworkers. My managers were some of the best managers I've ever had, and I have no complaints from the people who I worked closest with.

ConsThere are zero career opportunities as a Campaign Professional, and you are also severely underpaid. Additionally, the company is outsourcing as much as possible to India as an attempt to save it's bottom line. The future doest look good for this company, and I don't think it'll be around much longer. What ReachLocal offers is quickly becoming obsolete, and the top leadership doesn't appear to be doing enough to remain competitive. This company is run by sales people instead of forward thinkers, and things seem to have been slowly falling apart for the last several months leading up to me being laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you were planning to outsource our jobs overseas, the least you could have done was give us a few weeks notice.

Cold Calling to schedule appointment with potential clients show then may be presented a sales demonstration.

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsExcellent product for proven increase in sales revenue for cleint.

ConsSales cycle too involved and long.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent data based does not encourage ongoing sales possibilities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stepping Stone, Absorb Quickly and Move On

Senior Campaign Professional (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe people (CP dept)
    Tshirt & Jeans environment
    Train you to find better opportunities else where
    Flexible hours and management

ConsNo career opportunities
    Severely underpaid
    Constant losing battle with sales
    High turnover of experience workers
    Tantrums are rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't know where your next career step is, how can you help those below you with their career plans? If y'all are stuck, you are all stuck.

Great company on the move!

Plano, TX

ProsStrategic approach to growth! Very intelligent leaders, great training program, hard working and committed environment without micro management. To top that off, a casual environment.

ConsCan't wait to move into 150 square foot facility this year. Coming together as one team will be awesome!

Advice to Senior ManagementExecute on the 2014 and watch our share holder value grow! Future looks bright!

Will require a strong hunter mentality to succeed

Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat residual earning potential which is unusual for a sales job outside of Insurance. Excellent benefits (at least when I was there)

ConsHard to build book of business to the point of great income. The market is highly competitive and SMB owners are notoriously fickle.

Best choice I made to know where I would never work again.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNot sure if there are any but the biggest pro I can come up with is THANK YOU. Thank you for allowing me to end up with a much better company. I never thought I could end up where I did. If it wasn't for RL, I would have never looked and found the best job I have ever had.

ConsI don't think there is enough space. Definite favoritism at the management level. No one trusts anyone. Everyone is in CYA mode. No one cares about the customer. Certain upper management behaviors were appalling. What a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you do. Other companies need great talent.

If you are ambitious, the world is your oyster...Buy a Suitcase!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsReachLocal Orlando is a high energy environment comprised of some the companies best Sales and Account Executives. A winning "Team" attitude has resulted in Orlando consistently achieving recognition in monthly North American sales calls!

ReachLocal is perpetually innovating resulting in leading edge solutions for our clients and prospects. This innovation is fueled from feedback from the street, our clients and our salesforce, which ultimately results in solutions set that is highly desired and appreciated by SMB owners.

It is evident that our solutions contribute to our high energy environment because our Sales Executives are excited to talk about them. As a result, prospecting feels much less like "work" than other sales environments.

For Account Executives, ReachLocal's commitment to a "Client First" value system makes managing our accounts a much less stressful responsibility. Encouraged to meet with our clients on a regular basis to share ideas, results and recommendations, our AEs are able to grow our business and mitigate loss more effectively while also driving an exceptional client experience.

If a promising Career Path is what you are looking for, then the world is your oyster! ReachLocal is highly pro-active and comitted to developing their talent and promoting from within. Orlando has a strong track record of success in developing it's team members resulting in promotion. If you are ambitious, buy a suitcase!

ConsLike any fast growing company we are capable of sometimes putting the cart before the horse but always in the name of progression.

A fast pace, high energy environment can result in stress as a side effect.

Advice to Senior ManagementPress On!!!

Management Problems

Web Presence Professional (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

Prosflexibility in hours. fun environment

Conspay, management, environment was unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promote people just because you like hanging out with them. Promote based on work ethic and performance. It would run so much smoother that way

Great People, less than stellar corp processes.

Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGood people, managers and coworkers. Convenient location. Building a new awesome facility. Open communication about expectations and status. New innovative platforms. A product worth selling.

ConsEverything takes forever. Even issues with basic processes required to do the job. Growing pains are expected but could have been reduced with less corp. interference. Sales people should not be limited to a strict 8 hour policy. NO OVERTIME ALLOWED, even if your job depends on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork smarter not harder.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!

Reachlocal Videos

Reachlocal – Why Work for Us?

To work at ReachLocal is to be part of something big. We’re on a mission to help local businesses across the world reach local consumers online. And we’ve been leading the way for local online marketing for nearly a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reachlocal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reachlocal CEO Sharon Rowlands . All 326 reviews posted anonymously by Reachlocal employees.