Reachlocal

Reachlocal Reviews in London, England

Sharon Rowlands

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Pleased

Internal Recruitment (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsFun positive working culture, with an acceptance of family commitments and an amazing potential to really create your own business.

ReachLocal actually cares about it's clients which is great if you do too, as you are free to consult with clients on all areas of their business rather than just sell one solution. All functions are given the freedom to map out their own career path by finding ways to add value to the business that are mutually beneficial.

ConsYou must be proactive, if you wait for somebody to tell you what to do before actually getting on and doing what you know you should do, you will struggle to succeed, as the environment is very autonomous.

Good company but loosing too many clients

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGreat earning potential, good culture

ConsDated product offering, high churn rate, high staff turn over.

Sold The Dream

Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsExcellent recurring incomes when you get the big clients.

ConsWorrying about your job week to week.
    Great culture disappeared very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fire people in front of their colleagues

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst management I have ever experienced - the best thing about this job was leaving it.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsThe opportunity to learn about Google products
    Good technology
    Company tries to create a good culture.

ConsNo opportunities for progression.
    Terrible management - being a good sales person does not make you a good manager, particularly when you are managing non-sales roles as well.
    Non-salespeople are treated as though they do not matter, the company does not care about their career progression and they are frequently belitted, bullied and micromanaged.
    Internal recruitment lie to get people through the door - salary, working hours etc.
    People who have been with the company since it began in the UK act as though they are better than others there and frequently demean and patronise people.
    Unfriendly work environment for new starters - you have to work hard to make acquaintances.
    The difference in basic salary between sales roles and non sales roles is nothing more than a joke - particularly considering how much they make in commission - the company says they have no budget to pay other roles higher salaries.
    Senior management give a lot of gas and air to placate you but will not actually do anything to help you.

Advice to Senior ManagementUS managment should come over and see what is going on in their offices - though it is most likely the same in the States.
    Have you internal recruiters hire people more honestly.
    Show more respect to your non-salespeople who help contribute to the huge sums you and your salespeople pocket.

ReachLocal is a career and not just a regular job

Sales Operations Manager, London, United Kingdom (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsReachLocal is one of the best things that has happened to me. I have been with the company now for over three years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I truly believe in our company’s mission and it inspires me to see how caring every individual is towards our employees and clients. The experience and knowledge I have gained over those years is beyond my belief. I have been blessed with being able to work with many wonderful people, who have supported and coached me all the way to where I am now. These people have taught me so much and have given me an opportunity to grow my career in a way I didn’t think I would have the opportunity to. The one thing I appreciate most about the company is the family atmosphere at work, and as a result, ReachLocal has become an extended part of my life; much more than just a day job!

ConsReachLocal is a fast expanding company and sometimes it can be very hectic and overwhelming.

Quite simply the best opportunity I have ever had in any career

IMC (Current Employee)

ProsA Great place to work
    Fantastic people (developed some lifelong friendships)
    You have the opportunity to change a clients business for the better
    Great support from the management team
    Your rewards are in direct relationship to the hard work you put in
    A life changing opportunity to work with a market leader and a first class offering

The calibre of work colleagues is the highest of any company I have worked for, this forces me to raise my game to levels I never thought possible

Again I have to say -THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE - a unique culture where everyone is keen to help I have never had this be so apparent in any company I have ever worked for and I have worked for some BIG UK companies.

ConsIf you don't like hard work then this is not for you - this is a con as people who do not work hard do not last in sales.

People have already mentioned the growth of the company meaning that the support does not always match the levels of staff - this is a teething problem for any rapidly growing company

Advice to Senior ManagementEach person needs to be managed in an individual way, what works for one does not work for all.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!

Reachlocal Videos

Reachlocal – Why Work for Us?

To work at ReachLocal is to be part of something big. We’re on a mission to help local businesses across the world reach local consumers online. And we’ve been leading the way for local online marketing for nearly a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reachlocal reviews and ratings in London, England — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reachlocal CEO Sharon Rowlands . All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Reachlocal employees.