Reachlocal

Reachlocal Reviews

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next (in 11 reviews)

• Base salary for an IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) is (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • They aren't going to hand you a book of business and they expect performance from their employees (in 13 reviews)

• Sales people should not be limited to a strict 8 hour policy (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic and positive work environment

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Plano, TX

Pros

The culture and the people are what keep me coming back. I adore my coworkers and the management does a great job of keeping everyone team-focused, while giving individual performance feedback and encouragement. The company also focuses a LOT of energy on training and development. I have never worked for a company that invested more into my personal growth.

Cons

Roles in management are changing as the company is going through a restructure. Not necessarily a "con". I find that the changes in management are a positive thing.

Mesha has been a RAY OF SUNSHINE to this group as well as Brandon Collins. They are both incredibly encouraging to the team, which makes for a fantastic team-oriented culture. We need more managers like these two.

Professional and Rewarding Job

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Plano, TX

Pros

I love the growth opportunity that ReachLocal has provided me with. The product and technology behind the company is industry leading and beneficial for small businesses. There are always opportunities to expand and change roles. As employees we are constantly challenged and taught cutting edge industry knowledge so that we are informed and professional in front of our clients.

Cons

some clients are angry (it is the nature of our business) but overall ReachLocal is the best company I have ever worked for.

Management on my AE team has been extremely motivational and helpful. They are always looking for ways to improve the culture and compensation for their hardworking employees.

ReachLocal Rocks

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Plano, TX

Pros

ReachLocal is one of the best places I have ever worked.

The people are sharp, savvy professionals; not one bad apple. The culture is truly the BEST sales environment I have ever experienced; it stays upbeat and we support one another. The products are first class and stay on the cutting edge of technology.

Granted, every company goes through changes – especially the successful ones. That’s what I like so much about ReachLocal; nothing becomes stagnate. If something is not working, they change it. After all, change is inevitable; misery is optional, right?

Overall, I love ReachLocal and believe that I am just at the beginning of a long-term employment here.

Cons

There is honestly nothing negative that I can say about working at ReachLocal, except that I wish that I had started working here sooner.

Thanks for continually making things better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company with integrity that cares about both employee and customer.

Current Employee - Account Executive III  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive III in Plano, TX

Pros

The company provides a high quality portfolio of products at a very fair price. ReachLocal does it's best to make every advertising campaign work. When occasional mistakes occur the company is quick to remedy them. The company treats employees with respect and encourages career growth within the company.

Cons

The company is going through a re-structuring. I believe it's the right course of action, but it makes some employees uneasy about their future.

You do a great job of communicating with employees why the company makes the changes it does. Please continue to do that. A match for the 401(k) would be a great benefit to add.

Adapting to Better Change

Current Employee - Sales  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Plano, TX

Pros

Having been here for several years, ReachLocal has grown so quickly over the years despite not adapting their sales/service model to match the company and market growth. Both to better serve the client as well as for employee professional growth. Just as the growth happened quickly, the changes were made in the same vain. It was easy to see the changes were made with the best intentions, to better ReachLocal's position, but execution suffered due to the speed of change. With the new CEO now at the lead, the future looks bright for all employees in my opinion. Sharon is people focused with a lens for the client. I am anxious to see how she will regain the trust, focus, and energy of the people as we've had in the past. In the meantime, I will keep my eye on the goal, sell the right client partnerships, and try to restore the culture this great company once had.

Cons

Speed to market is put first over thorough planning and preparation. This lends to system, process, and execution breakdown after launches. Unfortunately this elongates the stabilization period and has also caused us to lose many good people in the process.

Measure twice, cut once...
    Invest in the development of all people. A company is only as good as the people who serve in it.

A company that truly cares about its employees.

Current Employee - Software Services Consultant  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Software Services Consultant in Plano, TX

Pros

The work environment is the best I have yet to experience in my career. We can wear jeans and polos/t-shirts to work. The schedule is very flexible and you can determine your work hours. This becomes very handy, especially during the holidays! I love the product that I work with (ReachEdge), and am excited the company is dedicated to making it better. I feel that my work is valuable and that I contribute to the overall success of our organization. I very much appreciate how personable our leadership is and that they encourage us to voice our opinions, allowing a low-level employee (like me) to drive and inspire innovation within the company. Based on conversations with my friends, I make approximately $5000 more in salary than most of my peers. The company pays a large percentage on your benefits, so medical/dental is very affordable. Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get involved in technology and internet marketing.

Cons

The company is undergoing some change, which has scared a few folks. I personally think our new CEO is making wonderful changes, and has a very good vision for the company. The areas where our company needs the most improvement is in training. When I first started, I felt that it was important that I either know everything already, or learn it all on my own (thankfully, that is not difficult for me). However, Mrs. Rowland (our new CEO) has addressed the training issues, and there are already measures being implemented to create a more knowledgeable workforce, both in Sales & Services. I have no real concerns with this company...I am excited about our future.

Keep making these positive changes! Also, provide more information on our 401k. Most employees are not aware of what the company offers in regards to retirement.

Amazing Culture, Fantastic People, Impressive Business Model.

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant  in  Adelaide (Australia)
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Adelaide (Australia)

Pros

Consultative approach where our aim is to provide the client what they need and not what they don't
    Effective leadership team with good incentives and work life balance
    Team Culture is the best I have experienced in any company
    Evolving Products. Unlike some companies I have worked for, ReachLocal is constantly evolving their solutions to stay ahead of the game and to continue providing our clients with a greater level of service.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little too long to get internal processes changed however I have found that once requested, line management will work on getting this resolved until it is.

No Advice. Just continue to do what you're doing, its working great so far.

Great Culture & Great Working Environment

Current Employee - Operations  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Plano, TX

Pros

Everyone knows that in your career, you typically spend more time with your co-workers that your family. I cannot imagine a better group of people to work for and with. We have a blast at work and everyone works so great in a team environment, that it makes it easy to succeed. It is truly a loving family that is open and accepting to everyone, and everyone on the team I consider a wonderful and genuine team. Everyone serves as a great mentor and truly has everyone's best interest at heart. The Management is amazing. If you go to them with a problem, they work diligently to solve the issue and make things easier for you. Management makes it very easy to approach them with challenges that you may be facing and will go to bat for you in all circumstances.

Cons

As an internet based company that is constantly changing, it can be scary to face change. I have been with this company for 6 years and have embraced the change only to find that in the end, we get through it together and stronger as a team and company.

I have been in several different roles throughout the company and have had several different manager all with different management types. I have met and worked under some of the most talented, hard working, compassionate, and honest people that I truly look up to and admire as individuals. I take their strengths as something that I want to achieve in my career and try to achieve in myself in order to be a better employee and human being.

Innovative company - Fun atmosphere - Great Co-workers

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Plano, TX

Pros

Best Position I have had - Great Boss, love my co-workers, excited to work for a company striving for growth!
    I wish people would understand that just because a company is in transition doesn't mean it is on its way out... The Mgmt is on the same page and have a clear vision of what this company should transform into. Change, although difficult at times, is Mandatory for Growth and Success!

Cons

My only con would be the separation between departments - company wide mingling could be better.

Stick to the Vision!

I miss working there, and I'm so glad that I had the chance to call ReachLocal my home.

Former Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Web Presence Professional in Plano, TX

Pros

I really liked the fact that we had a chance to be super creative, express ourselves and work flexible hours. The pay was pretty decent as well, especially if you're coming in with no experience. I worked there for several years and was involved in many projects. It really prepared me to be able to take my career in the direction it's currently in today. I met some amazing people along the way. ReachLocal was very generous and kind to me (as a whole). And, I encourage anyone who is looking for an advertising/marketing/sales career to definitely apply to ReachLocal. They also have amazing health benefits. I can't thank ReachLocal enough for saying yes to me after interviewing there years ago. THANK YOU! :) :) :) :) :)

Cons

It's a fast-paced, tough work environment and if you're going to work there "YOU BETTER BRING IT." Any sales environment is going to be tense at times. However, it can be very rewarding. You cannot "blend in with the crowd." What I mean by that is bring something to the table professionally that others cannot bring. The hard work DOES PAY OFF at ReachLocal. You have to be a hard worker to last here.

Management needs more corporate-driven training. But, management does a great job at ReachLocal overall. Additionally, more team building activities would have been good I think, because it's such a large office and hard to get to know people. We did do some activities and I felt like those were always helpful. They brought our groups closer together.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!