Reachlocal

www.reachlocal.com

Reachlocal Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Sharon Rowlands

Pros
  • They offer best in class suite of digital products and services and are always preparing for what's next(in 11 reviews)

• Base salary for an IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) is(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • They aren't going to hand you a book of business and they expect performance from their employees(in 13 reviews)

• Sales people should not be limited to a strict 8 hour policy(in 24 reviews)

Does not appreciate their employees

Online Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company up to 2013.. Cant think of anything else..

ConsWhere do I start so I will just bullet them below...

- Former interim President Josh C. just made too many changes to the comp plan and company structure which led to the lowest morale level of all time in quarter one of 2014.
    - The new structure separated job roles into two categories.. Account Executives and Sales Executives.. This was a complete joke. I lost 90k in monthly revenue and RL gave it all away to "Account Executives." My monthly income went from 135k to 60k annually.
    - NO 401K.. all big bucks goes to the executives, not the employees that pay the bills
    - OK Insurance
    - Management is just number focused. The where are my sales lately attitude.
    - No bonuses or contests.. This is a sales organization right? If there was a sales contest it was nationwide and one person wins it.. The name is ReachLOCAL right?

I think you all get the point.. Just to put some definition behind my bullets.. I was a successful employee with RL for 6 years and after the company changes I was reduced to feeling like I was a new employee. I generated about 2 million dollars in annual revenue for this company and I wasn't even talked to when the changes came down.. sorry just a bit bitter..

I hope my opinions helped you decide not work for this company..

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give advice when not a sole will listen anyways..

It is what you make of it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExtremely flexible with schedule and work/life balance.

ConsNo personal growth; you are stuck in the same role the entire time with very little to no upward mobility; no salary reviews; lots of technical issues; company doesn't really listen to employee feedback - if they do, it's normally months to years later.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvolve and improve based off of feedback (from client and employee perspective), not based off of what you feel like doing at the time. For the most part, all of the changes made in the past year have completely and utterly ruined campaigns and services.

I wish I could enjoy my job. I lie and say I do anyway.

Not Enough Employees to Stay Anonymous (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThey pay salary + commision
    They have a new CEO
    They DO have a good SEM product but it's just too expensive for C+ results.

ConsConstant turnover with both low level employees to the CEO. Consistently changing the corporate structure and employee roles. Zero internal transparency. All I have gathered since I came on is that everyone is defending their job and trying to do whatever they can to keep it and nothing actually gets done. 3 office meetings a week to go over the same things. Very frustrating but they are paying about $60,000 to zero experienced sales executives so that is ok. Just don't expect on time commission payouts.
    You have to fight to assure your commissions are correct.
    Constant in-house bickering.
    The training is extremely vague and is a waste of company time and money.
    Management is inexperienced and unaware of the job duties that the employees are given.
    If you value your job, do not have a conversation with anyone above your Regional Supervisor without expecting them to be made aware.
    Just google our reviews and look at the drop in Stock: (RLOC)

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is going under. If your company is supposed to be local. Stop giving accounts to the inside national office.
    Also take a week and learn both Sales Executive Roles and Account Executive Roles. Then, learn how to navigate through salesforce.
    Then learn your position rather than sending emails out to delegate your duties.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Transformation, Leadership Changes - Beware!

Anonymous Management (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCulture and People are great. Benefits are just above Average. Unrealistic expectations with regard to sales performance.

ConsNo matching 401K. Lack strategy and direction. Stock options are a thing of the past after they granted the CEO over 900K shares.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company clearly lacks communication and a portal to communicate to employee. Reach4It is not the answer. Have you heard of Plan your work and work your plan?

Tremendous Opportunity

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to make an impact. Excellent ideas are recognized and rewarded. Strong culture. Employees love the company, love their customers and love serving them.

ConsThe company is re-tooling, on a pace to be much better and much stronger. Those changes are hard and not for everyone.

Professional and Rewarding Job

Account Executive (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsI love the growth opportunity that ReachLocal has provided me with. The product and technology behind the company is industry leading and beneficial for small businesses. There are always opportunities to expand and change roles. As employees we are constantly challenged and taught cutting edge industry knowledge so that we are informed and professional in front of our clients.

Conssome clients are angry (it is the nature of our business) but overall ReachLocal is the best company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement on my AE team has been extremely motivational and helpful. They are always looking for ways to improve the culture and compensation for their hardworking employees.

Very Fluid Management Team(s)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork environment, training and Mesha (best Vee Pee Ever!). ReachLocal invests a lot time, effort and resources into training. A Lot of emphasis is placed on product knowledge. They want the role of their client facing employees to be that of consultants, rather than sales people.

ConsThe constantly changing face of the management team. Appears we are in a constant game of musical (director) chairs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more Mesha(s).

ReachLocal Rocks

Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsReachLocal is one of the best places I have ever worked.

The people are sharp, savvy professionals; not one bad apple. The culture is truly the BEST sales environment I have ever experienced; it stays upbeat and we support one another. The products are first class and stay on the cutting edge of technology.

Granted, every company goes through changes – especially the successful ones. That’s what I like so much about ReachLocal; nothing becomes stagnate. If something is not working, they change it. After all, change is inevitable; misery is optional, right?

Overall, I love ReachLocal and believe that I am just at the beginning of a long-term employment here.

ConsThere is honestly nothing negative that I can say about working at ReachLocal, except that I wish that I had started working here sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for continually making things better.

Constant title and comp changes screams instability

Digital Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible time off, you can take as much as you want for as long as you need.

ConsNot a diverse company. If you have a hint of a tan, this is not the place for you if you're trying to move up the corporate ladder. Upper management views you as disposable; you are only as good as your last sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward and celebrate small successes. Add some diversity to your company. Stop changing the comp plan to try to demand more and pay less. Promote based off of desire to move up, the will and knowledge to manage a team on top current and previous results, not just last month or last quarter. Your RSMs should be required to have a sales quota just like the sales force does so they can't just sit in an office all day and bark orders.

ReachLocal continues to remove truthful negative reviews...I wonder why?

IMC (Current Employee)

ProsGreat at removing their own negative reviews from this site and having an inside team write bogus positive reviews. Excellent health insurance plan.

ConsMany area directors have no clue about about what it means to be a team leader and coach, this is a sell, sell, sell "boiler room" company where the numbers take first priority over the employees and clients. Sales people are heavily trained to answer objections and the incentive is how much money they will make by the number of deals that they will close. There is little or no training focused at what is the best for the client. The sales team is trained to sell you stuff and make you believe that you really need what they sell instead of truly evaluating what clients may need and have the honesty to turn business down instead of pretending to have the silver bullet for every client and every problem.......Pay level way below that Extremely high turnover and most of the best people have left and those that are still in cannot wait to leave, check out social media sites and you will see that employees working here are making very hard efforts to create profiles that will make them attractive to either recruiters or other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are so many but lets keep it simple....do not remove negative reviews that are truthful and then self publish an avalanche of positive reviews.....if you have nothing to hide then you should have nothing to delete.

Worked for Reachlocal? Contribute to the Community!