Ready Pac

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Solomon

easy job, people not so great

Line Production (Former Employee)

Proseasy job, not difficult overtime is guarnteed

Consrude co workers, if you dont speak spanish they will bash you.

Advice to Senior Managementthey need to be aware of how other employee's treat new people.

Lack of vision by senior management.

Irwindale, CA

ProsMany of the wonderful people I worked with had a great vision for what we could do as an organization.

ConsSenior management lacked discipline in developing a strategic vision for the future of the company. In turn profit margins decreased and benefits were taken away. The culture of the company is right out of the 1960's, where the good ole boys were taken care of and women had to work twice hard or risk being over looked.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at ways to become relevant again. Really develop a strategy and stick with it, don't get distracted by the maybe opportunities that go against the overall business strategy. Continue to clean house and bring in budding talent but you will need to be more competitive in benefits and in refresh the overall culture to attract such talent.

The titanic of the food industry !

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Swedesboro, NJ

Prosgood supervisors, great production floor manager and great production workers.

Consno pay increases in 8 years. Upper management never comes down from their office to see production floor. No communication. Scheduling is a joke. last minute changes and we have to work on our day off. long and I mean long work hours. never see family. work all holidays. machinery is old and outdated. maintenance of facility

Advice to Senior Managementthey will not listen anyway. our opinions don't matter.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't go back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome coworkers were nice and cared about doing a good job.

ConsEmploys a bully culture and rewards "us and them" mentality.

Advice to Senior Managementneeds complete management overhaul

I learned a lot of new skills and experiences

Quality Control (Former Employee)
    Swedesboro, NJ

ProsLearning new products and skills able to move up in salary

ConsUpper management needed to be more involved with the everyday workings on the floor

HR Leader is Hurting the Morale

(Former Employee)

ProsNice work areas and the people are nice for the most part. Managers are trying their best to keep employees positive despite the negative approach the HR department leader is having on the company.

ConsEver since the new HR Vice President was hired several years ago, the morale has gone way down. She does not know how to treat people fairly and instead tries to make it about everyone else failing to do their jobs. Many co-workers do not like the direction this person has taken the company and she won't admit her mistakes, only becomes defensive. HR seems only focused on what is good for the top management now, but not the rest of the workers who are struggling.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone who is competent to do their job to lead HR in the VP capacity and actually cares about the people that are working to make money for the company.

Sinking Ship

Swedesboro, NJ

ProsAs a whole the company has acquired smaller - medium sized businesses that have come with quality employees.

ConsThe mismanaged direction of the company is unknown and unsure. Very few satisfied employees left in the East Coast branch of Ready Pac. Valued employees are quickly leaving for competitors due to the unsettling turn for worse the business has experienced. Major customers have declined to renew contracts and the on-boarding for new customers is slow, nearly non existent. This company is not one that has evolved with the changing times, Ready Pac is satisfied with 'staying the same' not GROWING like a successful company should.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you aren't going up you're doing something wrong.

Wonderful co-workers, in a clean working environment.

Packer, Line Feeder (Current Employee)
    Irwindale, CA

ProsOvertime, clean environment, comfortable extended family making it easy to work in very cold environment.

ConsIt is very cold in some areas of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore positive communication.

its very ok

Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Proswork life balance and time off

Consnot interested in real problem solving

Advice to Senior Managementopen your eyes

They dont listen

Management (Current Employee)
    Irwindale, CA

ProsThe workers and the product is great, providing valuable work to the neighboring community and enriching work to the leadership team

ConsTheir HR department doesnt listen. They lack innovation and effectiveness to help support the overal mission of the business unit. Their leadership is unskilled and holding down the valueable input of their staff. High turnover in any department is a clear sign of a problem. The problem is usually not the people, but rather the leader

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training on listening and how not to microminage. Show people dignity and value their input. They have great ideas. Let them be heard

Worked for Ready Pac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ready Pac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ready Pac CEO Michael Solomon. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Ready Pac employees.