Ready Pac Reviews

Tony Sarsam

1. Great company and opportunity in the midst of major changes

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Ready Pac full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New management
    New focus on associates and employee benefits
    Invigorated focus on fresh and healthy foods
    Sales and profits growing again (after year over year declines)

Cons

Company is in transition, so change creates anxiety
    New focus on accountability up and down chain of command, so it's hard to hide from responsibility and everyone is being asked to raise their level of performance
    Work within refrigerated facility can be challenging
    It takes time to turn business around and get benefits of turnaround distributed to everyone

Advice to Management

Stay the course and make benefits and successes available to all

2. Change is a good thing

I have been working at Ready Pac full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Many of those that have worked at Ready Pac for too many years have seen the positive changes but aren't embracing them. You can tell by reading some of the reviews. Those that see the vision that our CEO has created, they get it. Those that want to hang on to the past can't handle it. Change is a good thing. If we stick to what we were doing we would be out of business. Now? We are growing!

Cons

We are moving fast and some can't keep up. Those that are used to doing it the same way are realizing that for us to survive and grow we need to be more innovative.

Advice to Management

Upper management really cares about the people. They are showing up, speaking transparently and listening. Keep that up!

3. Ready Pac is growing and changing for the better - making a difference.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Ready Pac

Pros

For the past year and a half, Ready Pac has made some significant changes - and the results are starting to pay off. It feels great to be part of a Company that is growing. Fresh, healthy and convenient products combined with a passion for doing things the right way are proving to be a winning combination.

Cons

Must work on getting better benefits - improved package or reduced premiums - or both.

Advice to Management

Stay on track - remain committed to all employees - starting at the frontline. Keep communicating.

5. Exciting things happening at Ready Pac!

Current Employee - Manager in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Ready Pac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Ready Pac for three years and things are really going well. After years of missing targets we will hit our objectives for the second straight year and this year we are winning big. Lots of new leaders who know what they are doing. The new CEO has established terrific communication with the organization and is rewarding people at all levels for good work. He has gotten rid of some lousy leaders who were holding us back...but all I can say is it feels great to be part of a winning team!

Cons

The work turning things around here has been challenging...not for everyone...but I think the hard work is paying off for people who like an active work place...

6. Ready Pac Wins My Vote!

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Irwindale, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Irwindale, CA

I worked at Ready Pac full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ready Pac is a great company! I joined them right out of college and learned so much. My managers are great! I love salads and Ready Pac makes the best. If you want to work for a company that you can learn from, this is the one.

Cons

I was very satisfied while working here! I know that no company is perfect, but I cannot think of one thing I disliked.

7. FAKE Positive reviews written by Upper Management !

Current Employee - Current Employee in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Ready Pac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of hard working employees in production

Cons

Upper Management doesn't allow us to speak the truth on how bad things are now. The positive reviews are written by upper management not employees. We cannot go express our concerns without fearing being punished.

Advice to Management

Let us speak the truth and be heard !
    Give loyal employees the opportunity to advance. Work on improving our schedules. We have familys that need to rely on us being there for our kids versus always at work not knowing schedule days and times. Management needs to communicate better with production employees.

8. Need to train office staff on how to treat employees with respect

Current Employee - Bistro Linefeeder in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Bistro Linefeeder in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Ready Pac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have worked for Ready Pac for over 3 years

Cons

The company is hiring new people who don't know how to treat their employees with respect
    There is a lot of discrimination against employees who do not speak English

Advice to Management

Look at why everyone is leaving Ready Pac lately. New leadership is rude and does not provide opportunity for growth . I applied for a position in Bistro and when I followed up with HR after 2 months of applying the recruiter said " well you are not the only one applying and ill get back to you when I can im busy " and closed her door on me to go answer a call . I have an accent and she stated "you need to speak English " . Employees work long hours for little pay and we are not being treated with respect. I am also looking for a job where company knows how to treat employees .

9. Ok

I worked at Ready Pac

Pros

Lots of hours, ok scheduling and good coworkers

Cons

Low pay, not the best benefits

10. CEO in California-----Visit Swedesboro undercover !

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Swedesboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Swedesboro, NJ

I worked at Ready Pac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very nice co workers on the production floor. Great floor manager.

Cons

Upper management is so disconnected. I left seven months ago and went to work at a competitor. Night and day difference as far as respecting employees. Scheduling is a disaster, last minute changes, not enough co workers, downsize constantly. cold and wet environment.

Advice to Management

Mr. CEO try visiting this location more often, without notice. ask questions on why so many people are leaving, not normal.

11. Cold-Hearted Supervisors

Former Employee - Assembly Line in Jackson, GA
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Jackson, GA

I worked at Ready Pac full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are a couple of benefits to working for ReadyPac.The main benefit is that you get a weeks paid vacation and a guaranteed 40 hour work week.

Cons

There are many cons to working for ReadyPac.Some of the main cons are the extremely cold wet enviroment,the fact that you may be forced to work from 7:30 am until well past 8 or 9pm.The pay rate is well behind what most warehouse start off with because even temporary employees make more at other companies than permanent employees do at ReadyPac and most of the supervisors treat you like slave labor.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees with respect and they'll more than likely be much more productive and consider paying them a decent pay rate.Also remember that your employees have families and stop trying to work them from early morning until it's only a few hours before they have to come back again.