ReadyTalk

Updated May 8, 2014

4.6

ReadyTalk Founder & CEO Dan King
Dan King

Awesome Company!! Awesome People!!

Pros

Awesome people working for a common goal. Very collaborative. Your voice and opining not only is heard but counts.

Cons

No cons. This is an awesome company to work for.

Keep up the good work!

ReadyTalk is a great company for those that want to make their own opportunities!

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

A person can really make their own way here if they are willing to step up. Management at all levels is very open to hearing from anyone and everyone. Even when there are disagreements you get the feeling that everyone is sincerely trying to do the best for the company.

Snacks, kegs (yeah - there's 2 of them), team lunches, bagel Fridays, luckily they also reimburse fitness fees or we'd all be gaining weight! In engineering, it seems like there are donuts or breakfast burritos every few days. That makes exercise even more important.

The people here are great. ReadyTalk really focuses on hiring talented people that will also be a strong cultural fit and it shows.

Dan King and the executive team practice what they preach when they talk about transparency. We get regular (most Friday mornings!) updates on ReadyTalk's performance, hiring plans, product updates, and most everything else that goes on.

Cons

ReadyTalk continues to grow and we are feeling those growing pains.

Communications can be slow (though, see above that people are sincerely trying to do the right thing) and ReadyTalk needs to nail down what they think about titles. Though it sounds like everyone is talking about this and trying to figure out the right thing to do.

Continue working towards educating your teams so that you can trust and empower them. Continue working on titles and career growth and profesional development so people have a sense of where their career might be able to go.

ReadyTalk Rocks

Pros

ReadyTalk is an amazing company to work with. They contribute to your personal and professional success, the community, invest in creating and supporting a rich culture, and want you to love your job. The leadership team is top notch and always has an open door policy. They hire the best in the market and expect great work. It's an enviornment that pushes you to maximize your potential.

Cons

ReadyTalk is a growing company and there will continue to be lots of opportunity. Because we are not a huge company, there has to be creative ways to move and grow within the organization without a title change.

Keep up the great work. We are lucky to have you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culturally fun.

Pros

A great place to work from a cultural standpoint. They care a lot about treating the employees well while they are there, lots of fun perks that are typically not part of a traditional office environment. Definitely a place where fun is at the top of the list.

Cons

Limited professional growth opportunities and attempts to grow the organization in that capacity have not been incredibly successful. It's part of having a clear vision and implementing the tools to get there- which seems likes it's been a struggle.

There is so much invested into the hiring process, there needs to be the same emphasis on professional growth once people become employees.

Great People & Benefits Makes this a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

I've been really impressed how the values and culture I heard about in the interview process is actually the culture and work environment. The CEO and executive management team express that they would like employee's priorities to be heath, family, and then work. I admire the talent of my coworkers and have learned a lot from them. Additionally, it's a small enough company where I don't feel like a number and any ideas I have I would feel comfortable expressing up to the CEO.

There are numerous perks and employee benefits that are consistent with valuing heath and wellness including the stipend for gym membership, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and yoga in the office (with best instructor in town!). Lunch time at the office is quiet since most people are running errands, going on a run, or at the gym.

I've been really impressed by the level of expertise and passion of employees at ReadyTalk. The work environment is very laid back - dress code is casual which I like. Also, all employees have 20 hours a year to volunteer that are paid by the company.

Cons

As many have already mentioned, as a flat structure there isn't a lot of opportunity for career growth. That being said, there is now more focus on personal development (including training and certifications) and discussing career goals more frequently which could help with this.

It's important to balance hiring executives / leadership with industry expertise / knowledge versus leveraging founding team knowledge and experience. Since we are such a growing company, I have some concerns about our ability to scale and continue growing smoothly.

Perfect place to start in a different field where everyone is a wealth of knowledge and wants you to succeed.

Current Employee - Customer Care  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Denver, CO

Pros

Awesome culture, great customers to work with, amazing Customer Care team, a truly 'customer over profit' attitude, employees who want to make ReadyTalk the greatest web conferencing provider out there and will work as hard as they need to, but still keep the attitude light and make time for afternoon yoga

Cons

A very horizontal company. Not that I need a huge corporate ladder, but room for advancement within departments is pretty slim.

Great work life balance!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

The culture here is amazing! A race allowance, fully stocked kitchens, kegs, wet bar, tons of awesome gear, you can use your PTO days guilt free, managers that actually care about you as a person, all minds meetings so the whole company is on the same page and in the know, 100% covered health benefits, you can wear anything you want, and so many more. That list is just my favorites.

Cons

The pay for our position is not as high as you could get at other companies. However, the benefits and work life balance for me make up for that. If you are just needing or wanting high pay I would take that into consideration. ReadyTalk is a flat company so there is not a ladder to climb. People for the most part stay in the position that they were highered for.

Have a clear outline of how raises work. One year I got a 7% raise and the next year I got a 4.5%. It was very confusing to me as I was unsure of what I did so well the year before and so poorly that year. If there was a clear outline going into it expectations would be appropriately set and can give goals to work towards all year long.

Awesome culture and company in Denver!

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Amazing company culture that you can feel right when you walk in the door! Great downtown location, benefits, light rail pass, yoga classes and cold beer in the kitchen. You feel valued and appreciated as an employee, even as the company continues to grow. They are not losing sight of the importance of the culture and people.

Cons

It would be nice to have an additional incentive through a commission/bonus structure.

Best job I've had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Challenging yet rewarding
    Team focused
    Autonomous groups
    Cutting edge technology
    Open minded
    Personable and friendly
    Great benefits
    Lots of perks
    Although I have not been here that long, I do feel valued as an employee and listened to which is a great feeling.

Cons

We have the usual goals of many IT groups: better business continuity, crisis response, and best practice technical solutions. As far as career goals for non-managers, there could be an improved technical track. However, I think a solution is already in the works.

Keep up the good work

ReadyTalk has been a breathe of fresh air, allowing me to do a job I love and be an active parent at home!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

The people at ReadyTalk are amazing, truly the team first mentality across the board! The culture, benefits, and work-life balance that they provide, make you want to work hard for those who take care of you.

Cons

Salary and growth opportunities

Worked for ReadyTalk? Contribute to the Community!