ReadyTech Reviews

1. Great place to learn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience working at ReadyTech was excellent. When I worked there the company owner was very hands on. He designed solutions and held one meeting to present his ideas to the team. The meetings were very interactive and he accepted contributions. Task implementation always led to revenue generation. It was a very smart. I could see our work making a difference and that was very rewarding. That was my experience at least. I felt that my work was appreciated and I was satisfied with my compensation. Management was very fair and provided yearly bonuses based revenue. Company also provided 401K matching at a time other companies were dropping that benefit due to the bad economy.

Cons

It's a small private company. Career opportunities might be limited.

Readytech is nothing more than a stepping stone.

Current Employee - Linux Scripter in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Linux Scripter in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Readytech has open jobs every month. It's company started in the 90's. New employees every month seems like.

Cons

There's a reason for the high turnover. Folks don't enjoy working here. You have to swallow your pride to satisfy the owner, sales, and non tech folks. Bonuses and 401k match not a sure thing every year.

Advice to Management

Treat tech staff like employees. Not machines. Value the employees who actually wants to be here to work.

Unbelievable! This is a tech company?

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ReadyTech is a company that develops online technical training for other companies. Have been around since the 1990's. Located in downtown Oakland by Broadway 19th street station. Friendly developers and support staff.

Cons

Upper Management, Sales, and new HR treat their tech employees like dirt. I had a tough time staying here for more than one year. Most companies value their developers and support. For some reason, it's quite abusive and dramatic here when we run into the slightest of issues.

Advice to Management

I have already stated the obvious above. I can't really add any more other than to see it for yourselves.

Management, owner, and it's new HR process are not employee focused.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is located a decent location in Oakland and close to BART. Fairly easy to get to. Great restaurants nearby. The clients are easy to work with.

Cons

It's easier for me to express my displeasure at ReadyTech now that I'm no longer employed there. And it looks like according to Glassdoor I'm one of many former employee who had a bad working experience. Management, owner, and HR do not care about employees. I see many folks with a lot of issues that have been brought up and only to be rejected and shot down. Worst of all bonuses and promises are often broken by year's end with a couple of hundred bucks.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises. If you going to pay $200 bonuses, don't pay at all. It's so petty. Have a real HR process to address employee needs. Not just someone who sits behind a desk and create a black hole like 401k that doesn't work for us. Cutting our medical benefits for the sake of bottom line is not the way to go. You can do what's legal but what about what's fair to employees who code all day?

6. Company needs to communicate better

Current Employee - Web Development in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Web Development in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech (More than a year)

Pros

This company is located in Oakland close to BART. Great line staff. In the better part of Oakland. Close to lots of restaurants.

Cons

Lots of gossip within management leading to lots of internal issues from top down. Most small companies band together because team work tend to be more valued. I was surprised how divided Readytech is. And looks like I'm not the only one seeing this according to other Glassdoor ratings.

Advice to Management

It's hard to give feedback to HR and management. I'm not quite sure it will work for the better or i might lose my job over it. This is somewhat sad.

7. Management needs to change

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a good location in Downtown Oakland. You learn quite a lot as an entry level employee.

Cons

If things go slightly off course, management and the owner will micro manage you. Human Resources changes your benefits plan (i.e. 401k and Medical) to save money without considering employee wellness.

Advice to Management

Don't bother. They do not care.

Real bad company with poor leadership and management!

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some subtle changes with one of the worst directors finally retiring but the President and others remains inept. Staff morale is only considered when the leadership makes revenue goals. Good location with some limited perks.

Cons

It's the "software" company, by no means a real example of an ideal working tech environment. - Plagued by inexperienced and inept managerial staff - Company does not practice nor encourage the core values it communicates to employees - Promotion and career advancement is based on politics instead of proven aptitude and skill set - Managers don't understand strength of staff and their skills and often slot them into roles their ill-suited - Little to no growth opportunity beyond entry / mid-level positions - Integrity and quality are far too often sacrificed in order to meet "the bottom line" - Those that question the status quo often see retaliation directly from top management. - Great opportunities for people with little to no pride in their work, few applicable skills and that enjoy doing the bare minimum

Advice to Management

Care about your staff and customers as you do with profits. Stop the politics and "ass kissing"! Reward staff who produce. Then you will truly receive positive feedback on Glassdoor and other sites.

9. Be wary when you consider ReadyTech as your potential employer.

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation and benefits were fair. Most line staff treated you with respect. The customers and clients were easy to work with. Some work life balance when business did well.

Cons

Some of us feel that it is tough to escalate issues to management. They all seem to be very set of their ways. Employees and middle management who has been there a while seem to be the owner's favorite. The rest of us feel treated as if we were second tier staff and it reflected on our raises and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Be open to advice and have an open door policy. Don't feel annoyed when line employees voice concerns. If you move away from favoring certain employees and middle management, you might have less turnover.

Management is too clicky! Encouraged all to rate them high on Glassdoor.

Current Employee - Support in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Support in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to BART station. Nice area of Oakland. Bonuses and 401k Matching only when the company president is having a good year.

Cons

Management encouraged our department to go on Glassdoor to rate ReadyTech as a 4-5 star company on this site to offset some of the negative comments here by former employees. I am sorry but I have to rate honestly as some of my current and former colleagues did. Management is way too clicky with certain employees. The owner also has his preference on who would receive high and low bonuses. This is not based on the actual performance ratings which is unfortunate because there are those who actually put in a lot for the company.

Advice to Management

If I give out advice publicly, they will find out who I am and there will be retaliation from upper management.

11. Nice small company doing business on a global scale.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company that has experienced consistent growth. Good company culture; people get along. Good pay, and decent benefits.

Cons

Because it's a small company, there is little room for growth or advancement.

RSS Feed </> Embed