ReadyTech

Great place to learn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My experience working at ReadyTech was excellent. When I worked there the company owner was very hands on. He designed solutions and held one meeting to present his ideas to the team. The meetings were very interactive and he accepted contributions. Task implementation always led to revenue generation. It was a very smart. I could see our work making a difference and that was very rewarding. That was my experience at least.

I felt that my work was appreciated and I was satisfied with my compensation. Management was very fair and provided yearly bonuses based revenue. Company also provided 401K matching at a time other companies were dropping that benefit due to the bad economy.

Cons

It's a small private company. Career opportunities might be limited.

Real bad company with poor leadership and management!

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some subtle changes with one of the worst directors finally retiring but the President and others remains inept. Staff morale is only considered when the leadership makes revenue goals. Good location with some limited perks.

Cons

It's the "software" company, by no means a real example of an ideal working tech environment.
    - Plagued by inexperienced and inept managerial staff
    - Company does not practice nor encourage the core values it communicates to employees
    - Promotion and career advancement is based on politics instead of proven aptitude and skill set
    - Managers don't understand strength of staff and their skills and often slot them into roles their ill-suited
    - Little to no growth opportunity beyond entry / mid-level positions
    - Integrity and quality are far too often sacrificed in order to meet "the bottom line"
    - Those that question the status quo often see retaliation directly from top management.
    - Great opportunities for people with little to no pride in their work, few applicable skills and that enjoy doing the bare minimum

Care about your staff and customers as you do with profits. Stop the politics and "ass kissing"! Reward staff who produce. Then you will truly receive positive feedback on Glassdoor and other sites.

Nice small company doing business on a global scale.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company that has experienced consistent growth. Good company culture; people get along. Good pay, and decent benefits.

Cons

Because it's a small company, there is little room for growth or advancement.

Management is too clicky! Encouraged all to rate them high on Glassdoor.

Current Employee - Support in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close to BART station. Nice area of Oakland. Bonuses and 401k Matching only when the company president is having a good year.

Cons

Management encouraged our department to go on Glassdoor to rate ReadyTech as a 4-5 star company on this site to offset some of the negative comments here by former employees. I am sorry but I have to rate honestly as some of my current and former colleagues did. Management is way too clicky with certain employees. The owner also has his preference on who would receive high and low bonuses. This is not based on the actual performance ratings which is unfortunate because there are those who actually put in a lot for the company.

If I give out advice publicly, they will find out who I am and there will be retaliation from upper management.

ReadyTech is an early 90's type of company

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent ground floor job. It was fun learning as an entry level guy coming in. Nice stepping stone overall.

Cons

Management is stuck with the 90's mentality when managing and communicating with employees. Not a great company to work. Not your typical tech environment.

Learn from start ups that put highly skilled employees first.

Be wary when you consider ReadyTech as your potential employer.

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation and benefits were fair. Most line staff treated you with respect. The customers and clients were easy to work with. Some work life balance when business did well.

Cons

Some of us feel that it is tough to escalate issues to management. They all seem to be very set of their ways. Employees and middle management who has been there a while seem to be the owner's favorite. The rest of us feel treated as if we were second tier staff and it reflected on our raises and bonuses.

Be open to advice and have an open door policy. Don't feel annoyed when line employees voice concerns. If you move away from favoring certain employees and middle management, you might have less turnover.

Overall very good experience

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ReadyTech is what you make of it. I stated about five years ago and it has been a great experience for me, the upper management have been equitable and provided personalized opportunity beyond what any large corporation would afford. With that said you have to be a go getter, there are very few predefined job tracks you will need to make yourself stand out and carve out a job for yourself. If you can not work independently you will not work well at ReadyTech.

Cons

Because there is not much of a middle management tier at ReadyTech the company sometimes has a hard time with rapid growth. This is something that is being worked on now and management should continue to hire and train department leads / managers.

Nice place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaborative environment, great energy and located conveinently by Bart and popular lunch places in uptown Oakland. Nice commute for employees in the east bay.
    Great opportunity to grow and learn and have an impact in a small company environment. Great coworkers, employees get along without politics. Management is fair and cultivates a nice company environment. Ability to make an impact.

Cons

Keep up the great work. None I see.

My Experience with Former Employer

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My friend told me about Glassdoor and I am so happy we have a forum for employee feedback. ReadyTech was a very unique company. Whether it's during the good times or bad, the executive leadership and owner set the tone and environment for the rest of the employees.

Cons

Unfortunately, I resigned because I did not have a great experience. It all boiled down to you being instructed to perform a task at ReadyTech without questions. If you ask questions, it was usually discouraged. For me, this culture was a challenge because I am the type of person who like to fulfill projects the right way in detail by asking initial questions.

As for upper management - Please be kind and consistent despite business profits. We go through tidal waves as a team. Questions lead to quality projects.

Don't work for ReadyTech!

Current Employee - Support in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Middle Management, Co-Workers, and Clients

Cons

The Owner and Executives will view your advice as garbage in time.

None because they don't listen.