Real Estate One

Add Photos

Richard S Elsea

Can't get much better

I worked at Real Estate One part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a great place to work, especially the corporate office in Southfield. It's very family oriented (but a BIG family) and the presidents are open to flexible schedules and other things. They treat their employees like gold.

ConsThe dress code is a little strict, and there could be more privacy in the work environments. Once again, I'm talking about the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople goof off a lot, so you might crack the whip more.

Great

Realtor (Current Employee)
Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Real Estate One full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Team, and great resources

ConsExpensive, sink or swim for new agents

A company with a Great Vision, Great Support and a Solid Foundation to build upon!

Associate Broker (Current Employee)
Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Real Estate One full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA large support staff that allows your business to grow at no extra cost

ConsA very large corporation that has to find a way to please everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementNO advice as I believe they are doing everything right

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Real Estate One

Milford, MI

I have been working at Real Estate One full-time

ProsThere are paid days off and the company is once again contributing to the 401k's of the employees. The staff does receive a bonus at the end of the year.

ConsThe managers do not listen to what the employees tell them. There is a huge disconnect between management and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe wages being paid need to be higher or some kind of bonus employees can receive needs to be implemented. There are all sorts of contests aimed at the agents but not for the employees.

Ok.

Southfield, MI

I worked at Real Estate One full-time

ProsGreat work-life balance, family operated company. Lots of fun company events (potluck, chili cook off, holiday parties, etc) to keep moral up.

ConsVery low pay. HR does not enforce policies equally across departments whatsoever. Most employees do not hold college degrees because the ones that do eventually leave because they realize that even though it's a good work environment, it's hard to get by with that low of a paycheck. Our company boasted it's "Best Year" ever, yet I heard of many pay cuts right after. Some up to 25%.

Company of lies

Southfield, MI

I worked at Real Estate One

ProsThe work environment is flexible.

ConsLow pay, incompetence from managers and supervisors, dead-end job with no room to grow professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times. Invest in your employees, give raises, update office equipment, review your employees (not everyone is working like you think), take ownership for lack of leadership, have training courses for employees (stop hiring people that have no clue how to do their job), invest in marketing & advertising (get with the times), overall -- step it up!

One of the best ways to be in Business for yourself but not by yourself

Realtor (Current Employee)
Commerce Township, MI

I have been working at Real Estate One

ProsBeing a Realtor Means (Your self employed) you can work as hard as you want or as little as you want. You write your own hours. disapline is the key. Desk fees are reasonable. Commission schedule is by far best in the business. Company sponsors many training seminars and most are of no cost to the associate. Chances of making six figure income are very strong. Once again depends on how much effort and time you are willing to give. Co workers are driven and always willing to help.

ConsYou can somtimes work on a deal for a year and a half and then maybe get paid. Definete peaks and valleys as to compensation. Being self employed means no company benifits, Health insurance sick pay vacation time

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport and training are great, keep up the pace. Never forget how important Your support is to the front line

E-Marketing Cord.

E-Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Real Estate One full-time for more than a year

ProsVery easy to move up within the company. .

ConsCompany is not very flexable with employee scheduling.

good ol boy network

I worked at Real Estate One

Prosif you fly under the radar you can get away with anything and work there a long time.. its easy since any upper management will barely acknowledge you

Consupper managment is just family and friends.. there are VPs there with titles that dont make any sense and you dont know why they are there.

Advice to Senior Managementget your heads out of you know where. this is not 1950s start running your company for today.. they refuse to advertise becasue they think they can rely on word of mouth.. guess what nobody talks to their neighboors anymore get with the times.. the family of leaders are incompetent for todays economy..

Worked for Real Estate One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Real Estate One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Real Estate One CEO Richard S Elsea. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Real Estate One employees.