Real Time Resolutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eric Green

Employees have no value

ProsThe dress code is a plus. On Fridays you can wear hats and more casual clothing. The location is easily accessible. There are some good people here.

ConsManagement doesn't listen to employees. If you have an opinion they will threaten your job or bonus and tell you not to push back. Promotions are based on who you know and not accomplishments. There are Team Leads that are blatantly rude and disrespectful. The are AVP's that steal money from contest pools. The morale has been low for sometime.

Advice to Senior ManagementI spoke up in the past and my job has been threatened. Why should I say something now? It is not like it will be taken to heart.

Flag Review
    Real Time Resolutions SVP - Human Resources responded to this review Jun 23, 2014 EditDelete
    Dear "Anonymous Employee,"

Horrible

ProsPay is alright. The tasks were bearable and common sense. I enjoyed hour lunches. That was about all that I enjoyed with this company.

ConsYou work too hard to get disrespected by management. Everything was unprofessional. The training was horrible and there were an extensive amount of rules. You couldn't use normal dialogue. The break rooms were very small. They frequently lost accounts. I hated this place.

Flag Review
    Real Time Resolutions SVP - Human Resources responded to this review Jan 24, 2014 EditDelete
    Dear “Anonymous Employee,”

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these concerns very seriously and we encourage you

Terrible

Intern (Former Employee)

Pros$12/ hr is the only thing you can consider an upside

ConsEverything about this company makes you want to question the reason why you continue to step foot in that building

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make your employees a little happier

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating, mundane, stressful, and causes anxiety

Recovery Analyst (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIt's basic debt collection on delinquent mortgages- a very stressful job. Your co-workers make the day more bearable because you can laugh and talk with them. The best things about working here is:

1. you learn how to successfully negotiate
    2. you will definitely learn how to multi task- typing, listening, and talking at the same time. It's a great skill you never knew you had until you learned how to do it!
    3. you learn how to not let things get under my skin. Dealing with crazy, cursing homeowners who threaten you with rape (yes, literally!), murder, racial slurs, etc, you really get a very nonchalant attitude. but that comes with any job dealing with the general public. and this is really a great thing!

ConsRTR lets its employees get away with murder. Unless you do something that can get them sued, or is flat out illegal, it's almost impossible to get fired. they used to require at least a bachelor's degree to get hired, but i believe they're this past year they started allowing associates degrees too since then, there's been a HUGE influx of unprofessional, unsophisticated recent grads.

I'd say 90-95% of the employees are under 30 years old. All the older people (in their 40's and older) are partners in the company, and hold executive positions. it's a younger, more immature crowd of obnoxious kids. also, if you have bad credit, they wont hire you. but then again, that policy could have changed too.

everybody there's isnt bad or a villain. nearly all of the managers are really nice, and of course some go overboard, just like any other job. i don't think upper management really understands how stressful it is, or maybe the don't really care as long as they keep people in the positions to make the company more money, even if the turnover rate is really high.

you're dealing a lot with legal stuff, laws, etc. so of course policy changes all the time. there's a lot of busy work you have to do all the time, and it gets incredibly tedious and mundane. initial training is 3 months long, and it's like a classroom setting with quizzes and tests. some people dont make it past this stage because they dont understand the importance of learning the laws in this field.

most of the time you leave voicemails for people who don't want to pay anyway, but the general phone conversation isn't scripted at all. there's quality control questions you're required to get on the call, but you won't get in trouble if you don't get them all as long as you try.

the job is incredibly stressful because most of the people you talk to are uncooperative and purposely aim to taunt and get under your skin. That's the worst part of the job. i can actually feel anxiety when i call someone and they actually answer the phone.

they really emphasize not doing anything illegal, and some of the team leads try to coerce you into to deceiving people into paying. yeah, they do owe the money, buy sometimes they try to get you to stretch the truth to make them think something you didnt say. they want you to twist the person's arm into paying, and it gets old really quick.

if you're not rubbing elbows with the right managers, or in the right clique, don't expect to get promoted up or transferred to a better department. some people are genuinely good at debt collecting, so they get promoted. but most of the time it's because they've got the advantage of being in the "in" crowd. I've seen people work there over 3 years as top performers and not even get promoted to a senior analyst. there was one guy i remember who got promoted to a team lead not even 6 months after he got out of training. most of the people currently employed there dislike it, and the company knows it. people literally quit by the handfuls.

the insurance is terrible. you'd think a company with allegedly no debt would be able to do better. Don't plan on having kids here, b/c you wont be able to pay your bills after paying $400+ monthly for yourself and a kid, and the copay is still really high.

the pay isnt that great either. it starts out at $30k for an recovery analyst, and you get a 1.5% raise every december. don't expect to live too high on the hog for $14.42/hr. If you have a family to feed on top of student loans, you'll be needing govt assistance soon. You usually get a Christmas bonus too, so that helps. based on your performance every month, you get a commission. You can tell the company is really trying to save money here because they made it harder to get commission. for example, someone who used to get $300/mo on their commission check may get $0 now with the same factors because they changed commission payment calculator. It sucks because it's essentially a paycut.

on the plus side, they do let you get as much overtime as you want. that's pretty awesome if you can stand being there past your scheduled 40 hours, being annoyed and aggravated by borrowers who like to argue all the time. work/life balance is just fine, sl there's no reason for anybody to take their work home with them.

i would NOT recommend real time resolutions to anyone looking for a career. but i would recommend if you just need a job and income. like i said earlier, you'll likely be looking for something within a year or two. the only reason why i lasted so long is b/c i couldn't find another job. Besides, it's embarrassing telling people you're a debt collector for a living when you worked hard and got a college degree is something else.

Advice to Senior Managementthere's almost nothing management can do. it's just the nature of the industry that causes the job to be stressful, mundane, and horrible

typical desk job. cubicle and computer screens

Finance (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Proshourly wage is good, friendly employees

Conseverything else about rtr is bad

Real Time Rascals

Mortgage Recovery Analyst (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsTheir training program will teach you a lot about mortgages, delinquent accounts, and foreclosures. This experience will also help the collector to grow callous to rejection and negative feedback from the people you contact.

ConsManagement encourages aggressive and hostile tactics in order to recover past due money on homes that are in or near foreclosure.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to shorten the training program and also focus in on a more methodical, and palatable, approach to the borrowers they contact. As the old saying goes, "You can catch more fly's with honey than vinegar."

That first job experience

Dallas, TX

ProsRelaxed work environment, tons of young coworkers, casual dress code, fun environment, paid time off, fun company wide activities, contests

Consyou dont get paid anything, your looked at as property, the building is way over packed and falling apart, you have to park blocks away because the building is so overpacked, no promotions, the pay is awfull, 1% raise after a year of working for them

Advice to Senior Managementpay more, pay higher commision, require better ethical standards, have better training program in place, have better corporate structure, offer more incentives to retain employees,

Sr. Analyst

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible schedule, business casual dress, hard to get fired, good for internships and an in between job. DO NOT WORK HERE FOR MORE THAN A YEAR. ITS A TRAP.

ConsFavoritism, promotions are not merit based, way underpaid, overworked, lower level employees are disposable, no management training, poor employee incentives, sexist environment, concerns are rarely addressed, high turnover rate, mind numbing and repetitive work, seen managers make other employees cry in front of the whole department, they want people with Bachelors when the job only requires a HS diploma or GED.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your lower level managers. Don't promote based on recommendations, but on proven track record. Have employees review their managers.

Flag Review
    Real Time Resolutions SVP - Human Resources responded to this review Apr 3, 2014 EditDelete
    Dear “Sr. Analyst,”

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these types of comments very seriously and we encourage

Not an ideal job at all

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLike previous said, you'll learn a ton about mortgages in training and they give you a decent idea of what to expect.

ConsAbsurd amounts of downtime and you aren't allowed to do anything during it. Can't even read a book. The day before I quit, there was probably 5 hours of collective downtime through the day. It's mind-numbing, and they expect you to look totally attentive to your job when this makes it SO easy to space out.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the workers to actually do something when they aren't receiving a call.

Under compensated for how much work is done.

Dallas, TX

ProsThe environment for the most part is very relaxed. Don't have to work too hard to keep a job here.

ConsNot properly rewarded for all the hard work that is done. Some of the upper level management are not professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Do not think you are so high and matter. Come down off your horse and do work instead of constantly talking to each other about unnecessary topics.

Worked for Real Time Resolutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Real Time Resolutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Real Time Resolutions CEO Eric Green. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Real Time Resolutions employees.