Real Time Resolutions Reviews

Eric Green

1. A low paying job with god-awful management

Former Employee - IT/Development in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT/Development in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Willing to hire with no/little experience (probably because no one with experience would ever willingly work there)

Cons

Low pay, spiteful and condescending management who don't even know what their subordinates do, poor work environment, no growth opportunity, unhelpful experience for future jobs, brink of going bankrupt

Fire yourselves and let people who actually know how to do the job take your place

2. Under paid and under appreciated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions

Pros

Friendly people. Still a smaller company with a somewhat paid back environment although recently tending away from this.

Cons

They struggle to separate the people who work hard from those who take credit for their work.
    Senior management is very clickish. They have a lot of people vp level and higher that are unqualified.
    They pay is below market as are the benefits. High turnover rate.

Recognize when you have talent in a role and encourage that. Do what you need to do to keep it in the company.

3. analyst

I worked at Real Time Resolutions (more than a year)

Pros

decent pay flexible hours. easy commute

Cons

management sucks some very racis people work at RTR. employees do not have a voice an whatever the manager says goes. Im so very blessed to be away from this place brought stress to my life most of the days i was there.

get better management

Terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Collections Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Collections Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. But everything else is terrible. STAY AWAY at all costs. It is not worth the little amount of money they give you.

Cons

High Stress environment, low pay, coworkers are awful they will literally hire anyone.
    Coffee sucks. Management Trash talks employees constantly

Treat your employees like real people instead of cattle. Give us the benefit of the doubt instead of trying to micromanage the entire call floor. Get better managers for middle management.

6. Not for a career just a job.

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Professional in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate not bad for a call center. However there a companies that pay more.

Cons

No comments at this time

No comments at this time

Employees have no value

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions

Pros

The dress code is a plus. On Fridays you can wear hats and more casual clothing. The location is easily accessible. There are some good people here.

Cons

Management doesn't listen to employees. If you have an opinion they will threaten your job or bonus and tell you not to push back. Promotions are based on who you know and not accomplishments. There are Team Leads that are blatantly rude and disrespectful. The are AVP's that steal money from contest pools. The morale has been low for sometime.

I spoke up in the past and my job has been threatened. Why should I say something now? It is not like it will be taken to heart.

Real Time Resolutions Response

Jun 23, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Dear "Anonymous Employee,"

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these types of comments very seriously and we
    ... More

Horrible

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions as a contractor

Pros

Pay is alright. The tasks were bearable and common sense. I enjoyed hour lunches. That was about all that I enjoyed with this company.

Cons

You work too hard to get disrespected by management. Everything was unprofessional. The training was horrible and there were an extensive amount of rules. You couldn't use normal dialogue. The break rooms were very small. They frequently lost accounts. I hated this place.

Real Time Resolutions Response

Jan 24, 2014SVP - Human Resources

Dear “Anonymous Employee,”

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these concerns very seriously and we encourage you
    ... More

Terrible

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Real Time Resolutions as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

$12/ hr is the only thing you can consider an upside

Cons

Everything about this company makes you want to question the reason why you continue to step foot in that building

Try to make your employees a little happier

Frustrating, mundane, stressful, and causes anxiety

Current Employee - Recovery Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recovery Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's basic debt collection on delinquent mortgages- a very stressful job. Your co-workers make the day more bearable because you can laugh and talk with them. The best things about working here is:

1. you learn how to successfully negotiate
    2. you will definitely learn how to multi task- typing, listening, and talking at the same time. It's a great skill you never knew you had until you learned how to do it!
    3. you learn how to not let things get under my skin. Dealing with crazy, cursing homeowners who threaten you with rape (yes, literally!), murder, racial slurs, etc, you really get a very nonchalant attitude. but that comes with any job dealing with the general public. and this is really a great thing!

Cons

RTR lets its employees get away with murder. Unless you do something that can get them sued, or is flat out illegal, it's almost impossible to get fired. they used to require at least a bachelor's degree to get hired, but i believe they're this past year they started allowing associates degrees too since then, there's been a HUGE influx of unprofessional, unsophisticated recent grads.

I'd say 90-95% of the employees are under 30 years old. All the older people (in their 40's and older) are partners in the company, and hold executive positions. it's a younger, more immature crowd of obnoxious kids. also, if you have bad credit, they wont hire you. but then again, that policy could have changed too.

everybody there's isnt bad or a villain. nearly all of the managers are really nice, and of course some go overboard, just like any other job. i don't think upper management really understands how stressful it is, or maybe the don't really care as long as they keep people in the positions to make the company more money, even if the turnover rate is really high.

you're dealing a lot with legal stuff, laws, etc. so of course policy changes all the time. there's a lot of busy work you have to do all the time, and it gets incredibly tedious and mundane. initial training is 3 months long, and it's like a classroom setting with quizzes and tests. some people dont make it past this stage because they dont understand the importance of learning the laws in this field.

most of the time you leave voicemails for people who don't want to pay anyway, but the general phone conversation isn't scripted at all. there's quality control questions you're required to get on the call, but you won't get in trouble if you don't get them all as long as you try.

the job is incredibly stressful because most of the people you talk to are uncooperative and purposely aim to taunt and get under your skin. That's the worst part of the job. i can actually feel anxiety when i call someone and they actually answer the phone.

they really emphasize not doing anything illegal, and some of the team leads try to coerce you into to deceiving people into paying. yeah, they do owe the money, buy sometimes they try to get you to stretch the truth to make them think something you didnt say. they want you to twist the person's arm into paying, and it gets old really quick.

if you're not rubbing elbows with the right managers, or in the right clique, don't expect to get promoted up or transferred to a better department. some people are genuinely good at debt collecting, so they get promoted. but most of the time it's because they've got the advantage of being in the "in" crowd. I've seen people work there over 3 years as top performers and not even get promoted to a senior analyst. there was one guy i remember who got promoted to a team lead not even 6 months after he got out of training. most of the people currently employed there dislike it, and the company knows it. people literally quit by the handfuls.

the insurance is terrible. you'd think a company with allegedly no debt would be able to do better. Don't plan on having kids here, b/c you wont be able to pay your bills after paying $400+ monthly for yourself and a kid, and the copay is still really high.

the pay isnt that great either. it starts out at $30k for an recovery analyst, and you get a 1.5% raise every december. don't expect to live too high on the hog for $14.42/hr. If you have a family to feed on top of student loans, you'll be needing govt assistance soon. You usually get a Christmas bonus too, so that helps. based on your performance every month, you get a commission. You can tell the company is really trying to save money here because they made it harder to get commission. for example, someone who used to get $300/mo on their commission check may get $0 now with the same factors because they changed commission payment calculator. It sucks because it's essentially a paycut.

on the plus side, they do let you get as much overtime as you want. that's pretty awesome if you can stand being there past your scheduled 40 hours, being annoyed and aggravated by borrowers who like to argue all the time. work/life balance is just fine, sl there's no reason for anybody to take their work home with them.

i would NOT recommend real time resolutions to anyone looking for a career. but i would recommend if you just need a job and income. like i said earlier, you'll likely be looking for something within a year or two. the only reason why i lasted so long is b/c i couldn't find another job. Besides, it's embarrassing telling people you're a debt collector for a living when you worked hard and got a college degree is something else.

there's almost nothing management can do. it's just the nature of the industry that causes the job to be stressful, mundane, and horrible

typical desk job. cubicle and computer screens

Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

hourly wage is good, friendly employees

Cons

everything else about rtr is bad