RealManage

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris O'Neill

Why go anywhere else?

ProsGrowth Potential - If you are serious about doing your job well, you will find career growth. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded! You don't find that everywhere.
    Relaxed Environment - No micro-managers here. Everyone is treated professionally and allowed to take ownership of their responsibilities.
    Flexibility - Management is very fair and understanding.

ConsSmall Margin for Error - Because of the industry, high expectations are inherent. For some, this can be stressful and for others it motivates them to strive for excellence. In either case, it can be stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage positivity among staff and overcome stressful situations.

Corporate and field office VERY disconnected.

Community Association Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was very competitive.

ConsThere is a very clear disconnect between the corporate office and the field offices. The corporate office did not fully understand the ins and outs of managing HOA's, however they set mandates that individual association managers in the field offices had to abide by. Association managers, thus, felt like errand boys/girls, not able to actually manage their associations. HOA's require flexibility, and RM corporate did not provide that flexibility. It was no wonder so many associations chose to do business elsewhere. The turnover in both associations and employees was unreal.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire credentialed managers, then trust them to do their jobs. That will be the key to your success. Stop with the micromanaging, or the good managers, like myself, will leave.

Low pay, few opportuinites mark RealManage (aka CiraConnect)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsSome leaders are strong. Many are not.

ConsRM (now CiraConnect) lost clients as fast as it signed them thus there was no real growth and no real chance to advance. Low pay is typical for the industry. Management sometimes runs the company in devious ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay well the people you want to keep and prune the underperformers often.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clueless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTheir technology is really impressive; a potential game-changer in a pathetic industry.

ConsUpper management has no clue in dealing with personnel issues. They've managed to assemble a highly intelligent management team with zero emotional intelligence. Most have difficultly even conversing with employees. Mid management quality deteriorates annually. Without their technology, they wouldn't last 15 minutes even in this weak industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to get out of their offices and actually talk to their employees.

Good place to learn, but management and advancement opportunities with other companies make you want to leave quick.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
    Addison, TX

ProsDecent Salary
    Good place to learn
    Great CEO in Chris O'Neil

ConsManagement doesn't want you using your PTO
    Management tends to be disrespectful
    You will most likely not like the people you are working with
    Management doesn't have a great way of coaching people to get better in their areas of weakness

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to work with people
    Be more open, stop hiding behind doors.

Growth opportunity is unlimited

Director of Association Management (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent technology. Senior Mangement and executives listen when you have conversations with them. Training is limitless. You look for it and the information as to how to do your job and you can become a vital part of the organization.

ConsNeeds more PTO and better health insurance.
    RealManage trains and retrains but some people do not get their job functions. Almost waiting too long to terminate an employee. By the time a year comes around then more damage is done rather than good. It is a fine line and RealManage does do the best that they can.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing you are doing an amazing job!

A lousy bureaucratic mess of a company. Sweatshop fits the bill.

CAM (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some really great people inside of this company, and the benefits are decent.

ConsThere are four areas that concern most people regarding any given employer:

1 - Hours worked
    2 - Working environment
    3 - Salary
    4 - Ability to contribute to the company's success and be recognized for it.

Due to some outstanding (but lower-level) staff, and generally clean and presentable work areas, RealManage gets a small bump for Working Environment.

This is quickly balanced out by the apparent sweatshop mentality. The serious take (rather than tongue-in-cheek) is that the floggings will stop when morale improves. When brought to their attention, some of the responses from mid- to senior-management levels run from laughable to prosecutable.

"This isn't a 40-hour a week job." should be posted over every doorway.

Fine, then pay me the 80-hour a week salary in accordance with my workload, time, and travel commitments. Crickets, until they can find a way to flog you again.

Salary is below industry standard. They contend that the benefits package makes up the difference. This might be the case, if working 40 hours, and if you had the ability to make a doctor's appointment without having your job threatened.

Thanks, but a manager at McD's does better, in fewer hours, with less hassle.

Travel, food, lodging, or taking a client out to lunch? Yeah, that comes out of your own pocket, until they can reimburse you. Granted, the turnaround is good, but average pay is under $40k, and after paying bills & gas, there's not that much leftover for entertaining clients. Need to fly out to corporate headquarters for a mandatory conference? That comes out of your pocket too, until that expense report catches up. A corporate credit card is definitely called for, but they contend that it's an unnecessary perk.

If you contribute more, their idea of a reward is... more work! Seriously! I was offered a 100-hour a week workload as incentive for increased performance. Needless to say, I passed on that one.

During one extreme circumstance, I worked a very long day, even by their standards. The following day, rather than being comped or flex time, I had to take a sick day.

Despite outstanding contributions, and a team of people I would hire for my own company in a heartbeat for their ability, talent, work ethic, and demeanor, the corporate response was again, downright laughable through prosecutable.

There are almost no opportunities for advancement, in title, salary, or any other compensation. If a position opens up immediately above yours, and you are overwhelmingly qualified, experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated, and they know it... you'll have a new boss making at least twice as much who knows nothing, and you'll be forced to clean up their messes.

Senior management is aware, but apparently they just prefer it this way.

Your thanks will be having your job threatened.

Again.

There aren't enough words in the thesaurus to describe how pitifully horrid my experience was, and how heavily I recommend avoiding this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSadly, upper management is well aware of the situation - these issues start at the top. However, my advice is to the investors. This is obviously a "sick company", and a wise investor knows when to hold 'em, and knows when to fold 'em. Given the situation, I wouldn't be surprised when the lawsuits start flying, and I hope they have either the foresight to intervene, or to completely eliminate their exposure.

ACAM

ACAM (Current Employee)

ProsEXCELLENT commuication, very technology based, structured Loyal to employees
    weekly training sessions

Consdealing with angry homeowners but then again that is part of the job

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Good work this company is amazing to work for

I would not have believed it if I hadn't lived it.

(Former Employee)

ProsGood dental insurance
    Call center to help with customer calls and emails
    Met some nice board members of homeowner associations
    Met some nice co-workers

ConsVery low salaries
    Work/life balance is not important, people feel they have to work 7 days a week and they are still behind because company will not hire enough people to address the work load
    In meetings, they remind people they are replaceable and they receive resumes everyday so they can get other people if they need to
    Vague sales contract so clients end up angry shortly after coming on board
    Employees caught in the middle between clients and company as many clients angry at company a great deal of the time
    When clients leave employees blamed even though clients left due to processes set by executive leadership that employees have nothing to do with
    Executive leadership does not communicate well so most of the time most mid-management and lower does not know what is happening
    Fees for everything you can imagine to the clients which upsets them and employees have to deal with because no one told the client ahead of time
    They pretend to the outside world that all is good when many employees are treated poorly and some clients are watching the calendar for the day when their contract ends which makes life hard for the employees dealing with those clients
    Senior and executive management have mostly not ever done any of the jobs that deal with the client on a regular basis or attended board or annual meetings, etc.
    Many errors are made on client and homeowner accounts which takes months or years to correct sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board of directors should consider replacing all senior and executive management starting with some of the people at the director level and up. People that have actually done the job of managing an HOA portfolio should be put in place. They need to stop buying other management companies in an effort to grow theirs until they can manage the clients they have in a positive manner with better outcomes. They need to resolve some issues with their software as it doesn't work well a large portion of the time.

Worked for RealManage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RealManage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RealManage CEO Chris O'Neill. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by RealManage employees.