RealPage

RealPage Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn

Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right(in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information(in 10 reviews)

A lot to like, punctuated by frustration

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCollaborative work environment and colleagues, robust suite of products and services for the target markets, steady growth, clear bonus metrics (although some are out of the control of the individual), flexible work arrangements, tight but not oppressive travel policies, an openness to new ideas, at least at the department operations level.

ConsCommunication from executives about strategy and changes is very guarded until moments before it is implemented, leaving employees no opportunity to provide feedback before new policies, structures and approaches are implemented. Advancement and growth opportunities are stifled by absent career path definition, cost controls, and the suspicion that there are backdoor deals between executives to keep employees where it is most convenient for those executives rather than allow them to pursue roles that grow them.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to develop a succession plan, and long term employee loyalty, you must do better at using the quarterly and annual review process to outline career paths and opportunities for employees, you must improve communication (take that as a general and universal suggestion across all areas) and strive for as much transparency as possible when structural changes are made.

One year in and great company to work for.

3D Animator (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsRoom to grow, and people to learn from are everywhere. I always know whats expected of me and more importantly I feel the desire to exceed those expectations at all times. People above me listen to me and my feedback is used almost all the time.

Good medical and dental benefits

Tuition and gym reimbursement after a time period

Casual dress code

Great location

ConsCant say Ive experienced as much company culture in my one year working here as I have at other places, probably due to the corporate atmosphere, or that most of my department is out of state.

Parking is bad sometimes

Bathrooms are too few and small and could use music. Pretty awkward being in a crowded silent bathroom waiting in line.

Could use a cafeteria and or nicer break rooms for having lunch on site.

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe employees here are very talented and there are many opportunities for advancement. This is a very stable job with good pay and decent benefits.

ConsThe culture is NOT like most tech companies in the bay area. If you are looking for a cool tech vibe, this is not the place. They do not go over and above to show their employees appreciation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brilliant work force, tough job

Executive (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsAlmost to a person, the work force is smart, tough, efficient. All seem result driven and incentive driven. Fast, fast work pace. Not for for the feint of heart. If you thrive under pressure a great place.

ConsThe management of the company has improved, but had been far removed from the operation of the business. Lower level employees, for the most part, knew what was happening and kept the wheels on the bus. That has changed stron leadership on board now.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have smart managers. Empower them to do their jobs and innovate. Delegate greater authority from the top.

Great place to Innovative people

Human Resource (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros- Great Work culture and employee's company
    - Good hiring process and having RealPage certified Interviewers
    - Open communications ,new acquisitions and different industry.
    - Talent hub to computer scientists and can do fashionable things

Cons- Need to focus on ITeS operations and Branding

Advice to Senior Managementcan focus on Employer Branding as much as possible

Awesome company with great people

Account Representative (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsAll of the resources you could ever need. Knowledgeable support, great people. Sales team is very interactive and fun. Can be gossipy as any office can. Seems there are a lot of married people within the company that met there.

ConsUnrealistic sales goals, egotistical management, good olé boys atmosphere (performance will get you nowhere if they don't like you) Its a call center. As simply put as can be its an outbound call center. Phone sales all day. If you don't want to do that then don't apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! They are supportive, fun, helpful and knowledgeable.

Opportunities for growth and development

Prosinnovative business culture and environment, creative and talented teammates, caring and compassionate associates

Conscommunication across large, global workforce

Advice to Senior Managementincrease investment in training and development

Good opportunity for me to learn about this industry

ProsLaid Back Environment, Great co workers, Decent pay

ConsConstant management change, no proper training, no department unity, blame the other person type of mentality, employees aren't very appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire people who understand the actual processes of what we do day in and day out. Show your employees you actually appreciate them.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsI love my team. We work hard to help out our clients; not to mention my Director is amazing.

ConsWe no longer host the United Way fun day on site anymore, no more birthday cakes like we used to, and no cafeteria on site. It seems that we have gotten away from the team-building "fun" activites that we used to have as a company.

Stable company with some areas of improvement.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsRealPage is one of the leaders in the multifamily software industry and has made some positive changes in management over the past few years. It is beginning to place an emphasis on education rather than who you know.

ConsThere are some legacy hires who no longer bring value to the company. Compensation is fairly pedestrian, although it's clear that management is trying to lower cost of sales in the structure of the sales plans. HR made a big push for a tobacco-free campus, yet every executive spends the entire day dipping chewing tobacco.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize remote offices to bring new ideas and top talent from other cities. Bring back events like United Way week that bring employees together.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!