RealPage

RealPage Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn

Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right (in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Very good chance for growth within the company

QA Specialist (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsCompetitive salary, personal growth, Good work-life balance.

ConsBloated middle management, Too many meetings.

Good place to start with great coworkers but very stressful and mundane after a long period of time.

ProsIt's a great place to start with great pay increases every quarter for those starting out. I have a great supervisor and good friends there which helps when there is a stressful day.

ConsDid I mention stressful days? Yes especially during the summer when the upper management has not scheduled enough or hired enough people to handle call volume the calls are back to back all day and there are people on the other end who do not understand how we help them and take their frustration out on us.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease higher more people at the start of the summer and communicate with the staff of the properties we service so they can communicate with their customers as to what they can expect from our service.

Fun team, major changes ahead which could be good or bad

Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat co-workers & flexible work environment - My department is very fun, and has a lot of opportunity for the products to grow. We have many team outings and there is a lot of trust from management towards the team. I've had lots of opportunities to learn new skills and have been given responsibilities which have enabled me to grow.

ConsCurrently there have been too many changes to management causing uncertainty & lack of leadership/direction for the LeaseStar side of the business. Also, it's hard dealing with needy clients that have little to no technical background & this gets very tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the SF office, salaries are okay, could be better since this is such an expensive area. Also, bring back some of the food - it's a great way to offer competitive benefits at little expense. More direction for future plans of the SF office would be uplifting - things seem a bit uncertain at the moment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Book Smart but Little Real World Expertise

Manager (Former Employee) Brea, CA

ProsGood Christian company with quality people and great work environment on a beutiful campus.

ConsPeople are hired based on their connections and religeous beliefs which is great but too many of the key positions are filled by unqualified individuals. The staff mistake activity for productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking to hire from outside the company instead of promoting internal candidates that are unqualified.

Well Oiled Machine

Licensed Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsVery good opportunity to find an avenue that fits with multiple types of jobs. Good pay, benefits galore and plenty of people to get to know.

Consnot much room for upward mobility. Was there a year and the only hope of a raise was if I was 100% perfect I could see a 5% raise maximum. That was it.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that if you want people to enjoy the work they do there, there has to be a upward trend and opportunity at the business. You can't expect to start professionals off at the cap.

Fast-paced and evolving daily...

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsThis company operates with the passion and energy of a startup. I get a chance to impact team goals and clients EVERY day. The career growth opportunities are there for the doer's and those that have an ownership mindset.

ConsPatience is required when you double in size over a three year period. That was reiterated countless times during the interview process and during the time of my employ.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and see your vision through to the very end.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Overworked and underpaid employees, top-heavy management, high employee turnover

Implementation Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe only pros I can think of for working here are the flexibility, fair amount of vacation days and floating holidays, and decent benefits. There is an opportunity for personal growth, but the people who start off now will have to endure a lot of abuse and fight a steep uphill battle to try and climb the ranks. Most people who have higher titles were part of the companies that were acquired by this conglomerate (RealPage, Inc.), and were assigned the title & salary as a default. Also, the gap between what software developers receive and what analysts/consultants receive is absolutely horrific. It's very discouraging to see such major gaps in pay between people of relatively similar levels of education and experience.

ConsHorrible pay; much lower than industry average. Executives do not believe in allocating resources in areas that will preserve brand image and client satisfaction. They are mainly concerned with revenues. The "RealPage policy" also seems to be to under-hire and overwork their existing employees. As more and more employees are leaving this company each month, the work that those employees were in charge of just keeps getting dumped on other existing employees. Onboarding is slow and training takes a long time because they task current employees with training new-hires, on top of the other work that they've inherited from employees that have left AND their own work. There are also a lot of office politics, but you'll usually encounter this in any corporation. Basically, this is just a good job to have for a certain period of time to rack up some experience - until you can find a company that actually values their employees and will pay them what they're worth. This may explain the revolving door here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a little more fairly (see: industry averages). Do not neglect certain products or the people who are holding them together, simply because they do not generate as much revenue for the company. Also, hire more people instead of dumping so many responsibilities on certain employees that seem like they're willing to take it on. You are taking advantage of them and they will be more likely to leave the company with less than 2-weeks notice as soon as they find something better. (This is if they have not already had a heart attack or stroke from all the stress put on them.)

Disillusioned.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaid competitively. Flexible work hours and OOO.

ConsTreated condescendingly by top level mgmt. Excessive micromanagement from the CEO on down (e.g., the CEO of a publically traded company and overseeing 3,000+ employees is literally writing the press releases).

Cannot trust the data.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and verify.

When does this stop?

Engineer (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsNone at this time. I don't feel there are any and I plan on leaving as soon as I find something else.

ConsTeams do not communicate or share information with one another.
    Management doesn't listen to people actually doing work. They think it's either their way or no way.
    Top-heavy management. Talent is leaving leaving company short staffed with no one coming to replace them. New management brought in again. This happens yearly because no one will stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and stop spending, spending, spending on stuff not needed. Yes, it's nice to have but this company is going to "nice to have" itself into bankruptcy.

A good company and a good challenge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA company that wants to grow. If you're looking for a job where you're micro-managed and everyone tells you exactly how to do your job, this isn't the company for you. Here you need to step it up and not make excuses. If you want something done, you go out and make it happen. Its interesting reading previous reviews because I just don't feel that way. It may be my own personal experience (previous with other companies and present) that are defining my outlook, but here, I feel like I can grow. Co-workers are great. Happy and friendly and want to help others succeed.

ConsReally the only problem I've run into is communication. I find that with a lot of places. I think its due to the constant acquisitions and new products.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice, beef up the communication. We need a leader whos sole purpose is understanding the company, products, and how we are all tied together AND THEN ensuring the rest of us do as well. Its a great company to work for in my opinion, but the communication could use some work.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!