RealPage

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent company if willing to start from bottom and work very hard to prove yourself.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent positive management. Meet many new people. Great work environment. Good training. Opportunity to move around/up. Plenty of growth opportunity. Good source of experience building. Perfect summer/school job. Seasonal events/parties. Summer bonuses. Solid benefits. Plenty opportunity to build rapport with management. Decent pay. Honest HR team. Approachable upper management. And Accomplishments are recognized.

Cons

The Company can't be perfect. But sadly decisions are made slow. It's a call center so there are relentless calls that you are very well warned about in training. You WILL work hard. Takes time to move up, plus rep, plus seniority and performance, not just a degree or applying for a new job. (applies to most jobs though) and scheduling can be frustrating if your not flexible enough.

Many associates feel disconnected to the other employees. Ideas for team development have been stated in previous career classes once offered. Perhaps try applying some of those ideas to keep workers positive, motivated, and connected with both their team and the job itself. Build interest in the memebers, they may more likely build interest in the company and the job itself. Try to help workers gain that drive to keep going even during the busy season.

Great company and team.

Former Employee - Vice President in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Flexible work location. Challenging projects. Opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Sometimes decisions slowed due to corporate approval processes.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Data in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Data in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

Good people around you, good management

Cons

Need more people around you to finish the work on time

Hire more people

Great place to work. Needs a bit more focus.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been with the company a short time, but so far I have been pleased. The compensation is good, and there appears to be significant opportunities for growth and advancement. I also enjoy the numerous continuing education opportunities for employees.

Cons

Growth through acquisition has resulted in a large number of products that relate but aren't quite integrated. So many teams can also make it difficult to know who you need to work with in order to accomplish something. Coming from a smaller company environment (start-up) it can be a little frustrating how slow some groups operate. Vacation policy isn't great, but not unexpected for a large company.

Integrate the solutions to make things easier on employees and customers.

If you're not in Texas, there's no growth opportunity.

Former Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

There's a lot of talent in San Francisco; great collaboration and great ideas are realized

Cons

The team in SF (responsible for all SaaS marketing solutions) is very undervalued, and great talent is walking out the door weekly to pursue opportunities where their suggestions and potential can be realized (over the past 6 months, 3 SEO/SEM editors, 4 web developers, 2 product managers, and an entire website division has quit/been laid off). We also have a Chicago office that lost 90% of employees earlier in the year. The executives in Texas are completely out of touch with the importance of valuing employees, and it takes far too many people's stamps of approval before a project/idea is green-lit. Lastly, compensation is more aligned with Texas wages, and it's incredibly difficult to get a substantial raise, as we tend to hire outside at a high salary rather than promote from within.

You can't run a company this large with a small group of decision makers. Also, client feedback is incredibly important; don't ignore it.

RealPage culture

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the pleasure to work at RealPage's San Francisco office. RealPage had made a number of acquisitions in San Francisco and put together a great office space in SOMA . There was a great diversity of teams, projects and tech stacks which made it fun and interesting.

Cons

RealPage was mostly unable to integrate the San Francisco's office start up culture to it's more traditional corporate culture. In the end it became a big divide which drove many people out.

"Always Stay Positive!" can only last for so long....

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet people
    Easy Job
    Amazing Training program

Cons

EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT hours
    Annual retention rate less than 12%
    Easy leads to Routine/Tedious to the point of insanity

I had four to five ideas on how to make the company more efficient, since my graduate degree involves such studies. But never got to the point where anyone would listen. THE RETENTION RATE HAS TO BE FIXED. The training grant that you guys use won't last forever.

New Divisions within RealPage present Greatest Opportunity for Growth.

Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

RealPage has significantly diversified its product offering through acquisition within the last year. These acquisitions have uniquely positioned the company in new industries with tremendous growth potential. From a sales perspective, success starts with an innovative training program which is designed to prepare and train all levels of sales acumen on proficiency and market readiness. Our new strategy centered on sales specialization has been implemented for certain divisions which allow our sales professionals to quickly contribute and achieve success in specific areas of the sales cycle.

I have found the above coupled with a new office environment and culture to be big contributors in my overall satisfaction.

Cons

As with most new concepts or ideas, these faces of change are almost always met with resistance. Sometimes overcoming this friction can feel daunting without end. Providing an org chart is a must so new leadership isn't left to navigate a large corporate structure on their own wasting valuable time and resources. After almost a year I have found if you firmly believe in what you're trying to accomplish and use data to drive your decisions, you'll find the juice is worth the squeeze in the long run.

Continue to focus on creating transparency and providing insight into the overall strategy for all levels of the team.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here is the learning opportunities that we have as employees. The on-boarding training process is incredibly thorough and the School of Real Estate is made available to all employees and it helped me to better understand the industry. In my role, I'm constantly challenged to excel and there are many growth opportunities for me here.

Cons

Some of the more challenging aspects of the company is our changing culture. We're in the process of shifting to a more people-centric culture, versus an old school corporate one. This will obviously take some time, but RealPage is headed in the right direction.

I would recommend this company to a friend

Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits. good work life balance.

Cons

Sales department is under new leadership. Going through lots of growing pains.