RealPage Reviews

Reset
2.9
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Since they send the jobs to India anyway, they will be able to claim that their have an excellent work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Things are turning up at RealPage

Current Employee - Supervisor in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

New leaders are having impact and attracting more non industry talent. Quality of products is on the rise. Glad to see the 4th quarter results beat street expectations. Appears that sales is reporting strong growth which means the company will need to hire more people to implement backlog of orders.

Cons

It's a real job, which demands constant focus. Small acquisitions can be a distraction, so focus on things that really move the revenue and market.

Advice to Management

If and when (hopefully next year) we move out of the overgrown Carrollton location, it will be time to build out a new location that makes a cultural statement. There is reason that RP is #1 in its space, its the people. Building a new location is a chance to make a statement about the company, what types of employees we should hire and place to celebrate. Our current location is ok, but there is no question the employees would appreciate input on the next location. You have a chance to get this really right. More communication, more excitement, and more collaboration in this process.

May 14, 2015

Your points are very valid. The good news is we beat the financial guidance in Q1, so we are stringing some solid results together, quarter over quarter. We have added several new leaders this year ... More

2. Stable company

Former Employee - Implementation Analyst in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Analyst in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, stability, good training. folks are pretty nice.

Cons

Need competitive pay, no focus growth potential.

Advice to Management

Focus on growth potential for employees. keep good quality employees with competitive pay

3. Dev III. Think twice before you take any decision

Former Employee - Dev III in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Dev III in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. outings/mid year party/annual party
    2. flexible timings
    3. Work from home if you get support from manager.
    4. Preference will be given to the veterans. so longer time in the org. better the growth but it also depends.

Cons

1. There are few very veterans who can back stab if they feel you are working well.
    2. Work hard every time without any expectation. career growth is less compare to service based organization.
    3.. Quarter performance reviews. it has both sides positive & negative. This helps in understanding the need of a resource for better performance. This also can be used to trouble the people some times.

Commissions are a headache!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented people, superior products, good organizational culture

Cons

Lack of internal communication. Processes make about as much sense as a dog chasing its own tail. BIG hassle getting paid commissions. No transparency into how commissions are calculated and then good luck on actually receiving it on-time. That's if you ever get paid it at all.

Advice to Management

Pay your talent! Take care of your people!

6. Market Development

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Best in Class products; product training.

Cons

You have to own your own experiences...not a con, but good advice for anyone looking at this company

7. Training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is not bad, it is very fast paced. the pay isn't bad either.

Cons

One of the trainers didn't want to work with me. Not a good job if you have any type learning disabilities.

Advice to Management

Instead of whispering in front of the class, going to a private area would probably be better. me and my classmates felt like we were being treated like children. I was fired on the last day of training when I was told I still had a chance to correct my errors.

Overall pretty good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Great team and upper management in my division.
    * Good compensation.
    * No micro-managing.
    * Moving to new campus next year! Finally under the same roof as the rest of the company.
    * Career advancement opportunities.

Cons

* Lack of communication from upper management. Employees want to be more involved in giving feedback and suggestions on changes made that effect them. It almost seems like a shroud of secrecy around upper management.
    * High Deductible only option for health insurance. I decided to go with it for the first time this year. Big mistake and now the other plan is no longer an option. We have used our HSA savings as soon as it is available each payday and have had a lot of out of pocket expenses that otherwise would have been covered by a co-pay. I would rather pay a higher rate and have lower out of pocket expense for medical needs.
    * Working from home is highly discouraged.
    * Sometimes workload gets overwhelming and the employee and clients suffer for it.
    * Rarely see upper management (VP and up) engage with their subordinates. It would be nice for them to get out and talk to the employees occasionally.
    * It is very obvious that Sr. Management works excessively long hours. It makes you almost not want to get promoted because there is no way they have time for life outside of Realpage.

Advice to Management

While it looks like I had more Cons than Pros, overall I do feel lucky to work for Realpage. Overall it is a great company. I have yet to work for an employer that doesn't have room for improvement.

Keep employees informed.
    Spend more money on team building activities AWAY from office.
    Consider offering multiple options for insurance, even if it is more expensive. Everyone has different circumstances and we need options.
    On the new office, please, please, please do not go away from individual work stations where we can have our own desk, since we spend so much time there. Having open areas is fine to change things up a bit, but I need my space and some division from distractions. Being on the phone constantly throughout the day, I would not be able to concentrate with no barrier between me and the rest of the team.

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. I have some good news for you. On communications and feedback, I trust you saw the recent video from our CEO Steve Winn talking about operational growth, business results and ... More

9. Great pay okay job

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Great pay , nice managers , training is fun, the job is easy

Cons

Very heavy calls , back to back with no breathing room

Advice to Management

allow more time between calls

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you were in the contact center and our customers were keeping you very busy. Glad you liked the pay and managers. I have forwarded this post to the leaders of ... More

Just a place to work until something better comes along

Current Employee - Account Representative in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

Realpage is a great steppingstone into SaaS sales however that being said, if you're not experienced in sales, don't count on much training here. They have a Boot Camp for new hires but it really does nothing to sharpen one's selling skills. I have received 2 promotions in 3 years so there is room to move up. Salaries are inline with the industry. Company does award stock once you're an AR3 or higher. Industry leader for their vertical they serve. If one is not the best fit in a certain department, the company does try and find a place elsewhere in the company. Company is flexible with working remote.

Cons

Commissions. There are many manual processes in the calculating of commissions which often leads to errors. It is not uncommon to wait months to be paid, if you're paid at all. Part of it is the nature of the bundled solutions we sell as well as our clients portfolios, however, many times deals just fall through the cracks. Errors can also involve on deals being mis-classified. To make matters worse, the visibility into reconciling commissions is very murky and complicated.

To add to commissions, historically only 10% of the sales team hits quota annually. Only about 40-50% finish 80% to quota. Quotas are not determined by opportunity, rather pay grade. An AR5 could have same accounts as an AR3 but with a 900k higher quota. Here's the problem, 60% of your variable income from your OTE is earned once you hit 80% and your quota.

Communication is non-existent both internally and more importantly to our clients. Our clients pay a premium vs our competitors and while the products may be superior, our service sucks.

It's a wait and see over the next 6 months whether or not I stay. New leadership has swept in fast and furious and is alienating both the sales team and our clients. He knows nothing about our industry, clients and the way that we have trained our clients to continue to buy more products over the years. I have never seen a more disengaged sales floor.

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. A couple of thoughts and there are some things in the works that I want to share and hopefully we can agree on. 1) Sales folks are rightfully so coin operated. I get that and ... More

All positions being slowly outsourced.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at RealPage

Pros

There were many when I started but they were slowly eroded into non-existence. Has Medical but Co-pay is high now.

Cons

After 5 yrs and promotions I was laid off without notice and only given TWO WEEKS SEVERANCE and told medical benefits would expire at midnight that night. Along with several other employees all of whom had their job sent to India or Philippines. These were mid-level jobs, not phone jobs.

Advice to Management

Rethink your code of ethics, honor, and patriotism.

Jun 23, 2015

Thank you for your post. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to understand the circumstances of your post, reviewing separation list, etc. because we are just not eliminating many roles ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed