RealPage Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Commissions are a headache!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented people, superior products, good organizational culture

Cons

Lack of internal communication. Processes make about as much sense as a dog chasing its own tail. BIG hassle getting paid commissions. No transparency into how commissions are calculated and then good luck on actually receiving it on-time. That's if you ever get paid it at all.

Advice to Management

Pay your talent! Take care of your people!

Jul 9, 2015

Thank you for your post. To your point on communication, we have a task force set up right now that is looking at how to simplify the sales commission process. It should be simple, sales people are ... More

Great Starter Career

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great way to gain experience in the SaaS/Real Estate/Tech industries as a stepping stone. Lots of opporunity to grow and transition to different roles or departments. Outstanding people to work with and phenomenal niche industry.

Cons

Territories are feast or famine. Quotas and compensation plans inflated. Big learning curve. Limited support resources. Must promote yourself within or you will go unrecognized.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and better place reps in a more suitbale territory/position based on their goals and personality. Invest more in tenured reps and provide better long-term incentives. Get to know your people.

Jun 18, 2015

Thank you for your post and I am glad that you like the people you work with. I printed your post and shared it with the sales leadership team. I can tell you that on Tuesday of this week, the HR ... More

3. Great pay okay job

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Great pay , nice managers , training is fun, the job is easy

Cons

Very heavy calls , back to back with no breathing room

Advice to Management

allow more time between calls

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you were in the contact center and our customers were keeping you very busy. Glad you liked the pay and managers. I have forwarded this post to the leaders of ... More

Chaotic

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is very competitive for new hires (but not for employees that work their way up from lower level positions) and benefits are good but new employees only have a high-deductible plan option, which sucks.

Cons

Chaotic environment, old technology, infighting, business units are siloed, competing priorities, high employee and client turnover. Immature HR systems. Abysmal communications.

Advice to Management

Work on improving communication, which is virtually non-existent. The move to Richardson is going the cause the company to lose a lot of employees because people don't want to make that drive to such a traffic-y destination.

Jun 17, 2015

Thank you for your post. You can expect a business update, via a video link from Steve Winn, CEO in the next week. It will cover, first qtr results, acquisitions, new site locations for Greer, Cebu ... More

Vendor Specialist

Former Employee - Vendor Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Vendor Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment. Close family like atmosphere. Hours are flexible. Great entry level pay.

Cons

No room for growth. Responsibilities go out of job description often.

Advice to Management

None

Jun 17, 2015

Thank you for your post. If you would like to explore an alternative opportunity please give me a call directly and I will work with you as we have 200 current openings we are trying to fill due to ... More

Upward!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very intelligent workforce. Growing company - the largest SaaS in the largest vertical industry. Great advancement opportunities for those that work hard and drive business ROI. Now investing in a world-class working environment for our corporate HQ relocation in 2016!

Cons

Have outgrown current space. Work process improvement opportunities exist.

Jun 19, 2015

Thank you for your post. Work, structure, process is our #1 opportunity as highlighted in the recent engagement survey, "Take this Job and Love it". Here is the good news, we received a tremendous ... More

Just a place to work until something better comes along

Current Employee - Account Representative in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

Realpage is a great steppingstone into SaaS sales however that being said, if you're not experienced in sales, don't count on much training here. They have a Boot Camp for new hires but it really does nothing to sharpen one's selling skills. I have received 2 promotions in 3 years so there is room to move up. Salaries are inline with the industry. Company does award stock once you're an AR3 or higher. Industry leader for their vertical they serve. If one is not the best fit in a certain department, the company does try and find a place elsewhere in the company. Company is flexible with working remote.

Cons

Commissions. There are many manual processes in the calculating of commissions which often leads to errors. It is not uncommon to wait months to be paid, if you're paid at all. Part of it is the nature of the bundled solutions we sell as well as our clients portfolios, however, many times deals just fall through the cracks. Errors can also involve on deals being mis-classified. To make matters worse, the visibility into reconciling commissions is very murky and complicated. To add to commissions, historically only 10% of the sales team hits quota annually. Only about 40-50% finish 80% to quota. Quotas are not determined by opportunity, rather pay grade. An AR5 could have same accounts as an AR3 but with a 900k higher quota. Here's the problem, 60% of your variable income from your OTE is earned once you hit 80% and your quota. Communication is non-existent both internally and more importantly to our clients. Our clients pay a premium vs our competitors and while the products may be superior, our service sucks. It's a wait and see over the next 6 months whether or not I stay. New leadership has swept in fast and furious and is alienating both the sales team and our clients. He knows nothing about our industry, clients and the way that we have trained our clients to continue to buy more products over the years. I have never seen a more disengaged sales floor.

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. A couple of thoughts and there are some things in the works that I want to share and hopefully we can agree on. 1) Sales folks are rightfully so coin operated. I get that and ... More

Director

Former Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice building and some good co-workers

Cons

poor management. all over the board on strategy. does not comply with federal law.

Advice to Management

comply with federal law and don't hide behind your legal team

Jul 29, 2015

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you like the office and several of your co-workers. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say comply with the law. Would welcome your input on that topic ... More

Vice President

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Broad product suite for an industry where technology can really provide value. Aggressive acquirer of companies in vertical real estate management space.

Cons

Company size has grown past founding CEO's ability to manage in this modern age. Winn's direct reports are not willing to tell him the truth re: performance of products & need for investment; or too scared that their jobs are on the line, if they are honest about the state of products. No coordinated, comprehensive plan to deal with "technical debt" of acquired products. Processes and metrics are given lip service, but company is not investing in process definition and rank & file staffers to drive performance through metrics. They tend to hire and value real estate industry people over technologists. Winn wants to personally win from a higher stock price instead of having customers win through better products; he doesn't realize that the stock price is a result of providing true value to the customers.

Advice to Management

The board should bring in a new CEO with new eyes with how to grow the business. Some businesses should be invested in or divested of to drive better earnings. The board should not approve any other acquisitions without a detailed technical investment plan re: how to incorporate the products into the existing architecture. More inter-divisional coordination of products using a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) to consolidate common functions/services across the product line. Fix what you have!

Jul 21, 2015

Thank you for your post. I look for the wisdom in every post and I agree with several of your comments but maybe in a different light. For starters, there is no one who reports to Steve Winn who is ... More

Training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is not bad, it is very fast paced. the pay isn't bad either.

Cons

One of the trainers didn't want to work with me. Not a good job if you have any type learning disabilities.

Advice to Management

Instead of whispering in front of the class, going to a private area would probably be better. me and my classmates felt like we were being treated like children. I was fired on the last day of training when I was told I still had a chance to correct my errors.

Jul 14, 2015

Thank you for your post. Not knowing all of your circumstances, and if you are willing, please give me a call and lets explore if this something you want to try again. Kurt Twining 972-820-4016

RSS Feed </> Embed