RealPage

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

I was a typical intern for the summer.

Former Employee - Intern in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It was easy to start at the company. Everyone was very friendly. Upper management acted more as peers who managed tasks rather than your boss. Decent compensation.

Cons

Not much work for an intern - each project required spending a lot of time just to catch up. Since I was there for just a summer, it did not make sense for them to have me spend 2 months catching up on a project and only be able to work for a month.

Freelance Photographer

Current Employee - Freelance Photographer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Freelance Photographer in Houston, TX

I have been working at RealPage as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I have been shooting for RealPage for about a year now and have greatly enjoyed my time with them. The lead photographer who I report to is very friendly and helpful. The assignments are clearly defined and so are the companies expectations. A shot list is provided so that every shot that they require can be accounted for during the shoot.

Cons

They don't pay as much as some of the other companies.

Email communication is great but if there is ever a time you need to speak with someone in management due to a question while on the job, it is difficult to get the person you need to speak to about the issue on the phone.

A great place to start a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is growing a ton and there is lots of room to move horizontally if you are not satisfied with your department. Vertical growth is definitely possible from what I've learned in the few months I've been here.

Cons

SF office is nice but a good 10-15 minute walk from Bart or Muni. Could benefit from better communication between offices as the main office is in Carrollton, TX.

All departments would benefit from a clear path on individual growth within a position and vertically. RP University needs to be more than an online training tool, but needs to include in person training, motivational tactics, and effective feedback loops.

Chaotically fun and challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is changing and evolving on a monthly basis. Nearly 4000 people but can feel much smaller and more nimble. Very nice, intelligent, and caring leaders who also roll up their sleeves and do real work. A global footprint with offices in India, Philippines and Spain. Multiple acquisitions each year but much of the growth is expansion. Top player in the industry!

Cons

The challenges come with the rapid growth and being the leader in the industry. The company constantly reorganizes. Basic larger company functions like internal communications and business planning are missing. Common processes and systems are being created on-the-run.

Increase internal communications to pull the company together and fix internal challenges and opportunities before further acquisition activity.

Very good chance for growth within the company

Current Employee - QA Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary, personal growth, Good work-life balance.

Cons

Bloated middle management, Too many meetings.

Fun team, major changes ahead which could be good or bad

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers & flexible work environment - My department is very fun, and has a lot of opportunity for the products to grow. We have many team outings and there is a lot of trust from management towards the team. I've had lots of opportunities to learn new skills and have been given responsibilities which have enabled me to grow.

Cons

Currently there have been too many changes to management causing uncertainty & lack of leadership/direction for the LeaseStar side of the business. Also, it's hard dealing with needy clients that have little to no technical background & this gets very tedious.

For the SF office, salaries are okay, could be better since this is such an expensive area. Also, bring back some of the food - it's a great way to offer competitive benefits at little expense. More direction for future plans of the SF office would be uplifting - things seem a bit uncertain at the moment.

A good company and a good challenge

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A company that wants to grow. If you're looking for a job where you're micro-managed and everyone tells you exactly how to do your job, this isn't the company for you. Here you need to step it up and not make excuses. If you want something done, you go out and make it happen. Its interesting reading previous reviews because I just don't feel that way. It may be my own personal experience (previous with other companies and present) that are defining my outlook, but here, I feel like I can grow. Co-workers are great. Happy and friendly and want to help others succeed.

Cons

Really the only problem I've run into is communication. I find that with a lot of places. I think its due to the constant acquisitions and new products.

My advice, beef up the communication. We need a leader whos sole purpose is understanding the company, products, and how we are all tied together AND THEN ensuring the rest of us do as well. Its a great company to work for in my opinion, but the communication could use some work.

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun at Work ; Frequent Outing in recognition to your work.
    Relieve and Rejuvenate after the break

Cons

This may be specific to individual.

Fast Paced Technology Company... A good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Company is changing rapidly and growing Internationally, so there are a lot of things to do and learn.

Cons

It can be a very political place to work and the Company's equity program was a challenge due to fluctuating stock price (down from $29.50 in mid 2011).

Company offers many opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think that the opportunities for advancement are above average within the different departments and they offer a competitive compensation package. The company continues to grow through the regular acquisition of other companies within the industry,

Cons

Newly acquired products are often integrated with limited information provided to those responsible for supporting it. May face potential barriers moving to a different department within the company.