RealPage

Updated November 21, 2014
2.9

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

A good company and a good challenge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A company that wants to grow. If you're looking for a job where you're micro-managed and everyone tells you exactly how to do your job, this isn't the company for you. Here you need to step it up and not make excuses. If you want something done, you go out and make it happen. Its interesting reading previous reviews because I just don't feel that way. It may be my own personal experience (previous with other companies and present) that are defining my outlook, but here, I feel like I can grow. Co-workers are great. Happy and friendly and want to help others succeed.

Cons

Really the only problem I've run into is communication. I find that with a lot of places. I think its due to the constant acquisitions and new products.

My advice, beef up the communication. We need a leader whos sole purpose is understanding the company, products, and how we are all tied together AND THEN ensuring the rest of us do as well. Its a great company to work for in my opinion, but the communication could use some work.

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun at Work ; Frequent Outing in recognition to your work.
    Relieve and Rejuvenate after the break

Cons

This may be specific to individual.

Fast Paced Technology Company... A good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Company is changing rapidly and growing Internationally, so there are a lot of things to do and learn.

Cons

It can be a very political place to work and the Company's equity program was a challenge due to fluctuating stock price (down from $29.50 in mid 2011).

Company offers many opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think that the opportunities for advancement are above average within the different departments and they offer a competitive compensation package. The company continues to grow through the regular acquisition of other companies within the industry,

Cons

Newly acquired products are often integrated with limited information provided to those responsible for supporting it. May face potential barriers moving to a different department within the company.

EVER GREEN

Current Employee - Document Administrator in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Document Administrator in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good future, good management,good environment,good life balance, no tensions

Cons

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

ThankYou

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits for all employees.

Cons

Upper management does not readily share information.

Be more willing to share information

Job depends on your manager and group

Current Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere.
    Nice workspace.
    Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group. There are some really terrible managers that play favorites, politic constantly, talk behind everyone's backs and only worry about making themselves look good. They rule by fear.
    There are some managers that really care about the employees and growing them professionally. They lead by example and want you to have a life outside of work. The groups/departments are drastically different.
    If you are lucky enough to land in a good group with a quality manager that wants you to succeed, hang on! They do exist.

Cons

Decent pay if you're coming off the street. Transferring within the company, ridiculous. Promotions don't mean you can make what your peers are making for the same job or the offer you'd have if you were an outside candidate. It means an increase that has to be approved by 10 people and probably won't get you anywhere near where it should.
    The company has a lot of growth and you can almost do nothing and keep your job. That being said, new positions are only added in India and the Philippines but the tasks assigned to them is embarrassing. Most of my peers in India have 10 more years of education or experience or both but they are given the tasks that a high school student could accomplish. They should be utilized more or they'll be bored and leave.
    Management is so top heavy!! And they reorganize the groups every 30 days or so! I know people who don't even know who they report to.

Those surveys we take every year, read them.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at RealPage as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, good location, people are treated right.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get IT working, or necessary software installed.

Publicly reward excellent work performance.

Fast growing, long hours, bad management & NO proper training.

I worked at RealPage (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, casual environment, okay pay & benefits.

Cons

No work balance, management talks behind your back to other managers & your peers. EXTREMELY Long hours, high turnover rate in most departments. HR does not know the meaning of Privacy.

Listen more & take the advice of your employees. You are not the only ones that want the company to succeed

A lot to like, punctuated by frustration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment and colleagues, robust suite of products and services for the target markets, steady growth, clear bonus metrics (although some are out of the control of the individual), flexible work arrangements, tight but not oppressive travel policies, an openness to new ideas, at least at the department operations level.

Cons

Communication from executives about strategy and changes is very guarded until moments before it is implemented, leaving employees no opportunity to provide feedback before new policies, structures and approaches are implemented. Advancement and growth opportunities are stifled by absent career path definition, cost controls, and the suspicion that there are backdoor deals between executives to keep employees where it is most convenient for those executives rather than allow them to pursue roles that grow them.

If you want to develop a succession plan, and long term employee loyalty, you must do better at using the quarterly and annual review process to outline career paths and opportunities for employees, you must improve communication (take that as a general and universal suggestion across all areas) and strive for as much transparency as possible when structural changes are made.