Realogy

Realogy Reviews in Parsippany, NJ

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith

Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • Company is very good with work life balance, on site gym, good benefits and nice coworkers (in 4 reviews)

• Excellent communication with upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • To much nepotism upper management really needs to look into this (in 6 reviews)

• Terrible senior leadership, poor salary increases, poor benefits, no 401K match (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights
25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Difficult to advance in the company

Accounting (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsI liked the events they held although they cut back since when I started here. That stuff is important for building a good company culture

ConsDifficult to advance. Not very frequent that someone would be promoted so there seems to be a lack of incentive for high performance

It pays the bills but with no advancement options.

Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsThey are growing and their is always work to be done.

ConsIf you start at the bottom you will most likely stay there unless you get in good with someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more willing to teach things instead of grouping people together and routing calls accordingly. In my experience if everyone is trained then you don't need as many people off the phones to get stuff done. Everyone is helping everyone and stuff gets done faster and the customer doesn't have to wait for a fix to their issue.

Careers with Realogy

Franchise Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGreat growth potential as the real-estate market is poised for renewed growth. Pay is reasonable with very good bonus program. Flexible work culture.

ConsFrequent restructuring. Lot of back-stabbing or political heavy-handedness. Not very tech-savvy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fast paced, insane workload

Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsYou can learn a great deal while at Realogy. They do post all positions, although some departments already have someone in mind when they post but are requited to sdo so anyway. You are able to move into different departments and there are (seemingly) many opportunities for both lateral moves and promotions

ConsRealogy has an extremely face paced and the workload was very intense. It was difficult to keep all the "balls up in the air". Very much an old (white) boys club. Work life balance is non-existent, including conference calls Christmas morning. Also very political.

The worst company I have ever worked for. Terrible Senior Leadership. This company is resistant to change.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsThe salaries are somewhat decent

ConsTerrible senior leadership, poor salary increases, poor benefits, no 401K match

Advice to Senior ManagementYour have great employees. Give them the credit they deserve. Share the companies wealth. Stop being so resistant to change for more innovative processes and procedures

Excellent company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGood corporate culture. Tremendous benefits. Very ethical. Good vertical advancement opportunities.

ConsHeavy matrix environment. Political. Favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuestion vertical advancements (vet out favoritism) and require Senior Leadership to interview internal candidate prior to promotion.

Realogy employee

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

Prosstrong ethics and principles. Serious work environment.

ConsNot much room to move up salary wise, or position wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a balance check with all managers to prevent losses of good employees.

When you can't trust HR, what else matters?

Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsThe best and brightest real estate and franchising professionals in the business pass through Realogy's doors at some point in their career. If you keep your eyes open, your nose to the ground and pay close attention you can learn a lot from people who are willing to share and help you make connections. The company has made great improvements to help employees enjoy a balance of professional and personal responsibilities.

ConsDO NOT TRUST HUMAN RESOURCES. If you take nothing else away from the reviews on Glassdoor.com just remember that you cannot share any complaints and concerns with HR. As you are on your way back to your desk from a meeting that you thought was positive, the person you trusted is on the phone with your manager repeating your words verbatim. I know because I am a manager and whenever someone has a concern, my HR generalist shares everything with me. That is helpul because it allows me to change whatever needs to change and I don't hold it against my direct reports. It also tells me that I had better not share any concerns or my relationship with my manager is in jeopardy. The other big issue with HR is that managers don't decide who gets hired, promoted or fired. HR strongarms the managers into choices that aren't agreeable. When it's time to make cuts, the managers usually learn the night before who is being let go and cannot do anything about it. I've been with the company for a number of years and stay because I have learned a lot that will be helpful to me when I am ready to move on. The pay isn't great but the learning experience far outweighs what I could earn elsewhere. There is limited focus on employee development and the company seems to allocate limited resources to talent management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach employee should have a true employee development plan that follows them from the minute they start at Realogy. It should be tied to their performance reviews and referred back to throughout the year and not just during common review periods. It could also be used to prepare employees for opportunities that are frequently or anticipated to be available. Perhaps consider separating the HR team in RFG. It would be great for them to learn more about the other Realogy businsesses and would break up a clique that employees know about and feel threatened by but are powerless to do anything about.

Pretty OK

Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsCompany tries to do good things for it's employees. Promotes wellness, offers some flexibility with working from home.

ConsToo much work, not enough help.
    Vacation policy is terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe accountable for poor managers.
    Slow down, do less, but do it well.

Not the worst place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsReal Estate is in a terrible place right now, but the Sr Management seems to be trying to work with the government to get it (and the economy as a whole) back on track.

ConsSome departments have zero opportunity for advancement, with bosses who don't give any recognition except to their favorites.

Worked for Realogy? Contribute to the Community!