Realogy Reviews

Reset
2.7
Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith
Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • good diverse company, good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• The staff and upper management were knowledgable, friendly, and were great mentors to myself and other interns (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management (in 7 reviews)

• Work/Life balance can be hard to achieve (in 4 reviews)

Difficult to advance in the company

Former Employee - Accounting in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Accounting in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I liked the events they held although they cut back since when I started here. That stuff is important for building a good company culture

Cons

Difficult to advance. Not very frequent that someone would be promoted so there seems to be a lack of incentive for high performance

It pays the bills but with no advancement options.

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are growing and their is always work to be done.

Cons

If you start at the bottom you will most likely stay there unless you get in good with someone.

Advice to Management

Be more willing to teach things instead of grouping people together and routing calls accordingly. In my experience if everyone is trained then you don't need as many people off the phones to get stuff done. Everyone is helping everyone and stuff gets done faster and the customer doesn't have to wait for a fix to their issue.

Careers with Realogy

Former Employee - Franchise Sales Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Franchise Sales Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great growth potential as the real-estate market is poised for renewed growth. Pay is reasonable with very good bonus program. Flexible work culture.

Cons

Frequent restructuring. Lot of back-stabbing or political heavy-handedness. Not very tech-savvy.

fast paced, insane workload

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can learn a great deal while at Realogy. They do post all positions, although some departments already have someone in mind when they post but are requited to sdo so anyway. You are able to move into different departments and there are (seemingly) many opportunities for both lateral moves and promotions

Cons

Realogy has an extremely face paced and the workload was very intense. It was difficult to keep all the "balls up in the air". Very much an old (white) boys club. Work life balance is non-existent, including conference calls Christmas morning. Also very political.

The worst company I have ever worked for. Terrible Senior Leadership. This company is resistant to change.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salaries are somewhat decent

Cons

Terrible senior leadership, poor salary increases, poor benefits, no 401K match

Advice to Management

Your have great employees. Give them the credit they deserve. Share the companies wealth. Stop being so resistant to change for more innovative processes and procedures

7. Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good corporate culture. Tremendous benefits. Very ethical. Good vertical advancement opportunities.

Cons

Heavy matrix environment. Political. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Question vertical advancements (vet out favoritism) and require Senior Leadership to interview internal candidate prior to promotion.

Realogy employee

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

strong ethics and principles. Serious work environment.

Cons

Not much room to move up salary wise, or position wise.

Advice to Management

There should be a balance check with all managers to prevent losses of good employees.

When you can't trust HR, what else matters?

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best and brightest real estate and franchising professionals in the business pass through Realogy's doors at some point in their career. If you keep your eyes open, your nose to the ground and pay close attention you can learn a lot from people who are willing to share and help you make connections. The company has made great improvements to help employees enjoy a balance of professional and personal responsibilities.

Cons

DO NOT TRUST HUMAN RESOURCES. If you take nothing else away from the reviews on Glassdoor.com just remember that you cannot share any complaints and concerns with HR. As you are on your way back to your desk from a meeting that you thought was positive, the person you trusted is on the phone with your manager repeating your words verbatim. I know because I am a manager and whenever someone has a concern, my HR generalist shares everything with me. That is helpul because it allows me to change whatever needs to change and I don't hold it against my direct reports. It also tells me that I had better not share any concerns or my relationship with my manager is in jeopardy. The other big issue with HR is that managers don't decide who gets hired, promoted or fired. HR strongarms the managers into choices that aren't agreeable. When it's time to make cuts, the managers usually learn the night before who is being let go and cannot do anything about it. I've been with the company for a number of years and stay because I have learned a lot that will be helpful to me when I am ready to move on. The pay isn't great but the learning experience far outweighs what I could earn elsewhere. There is limited focus on employee development and the company seems to allocate limited resources to talent management.

Advice to Management

Each employee should have a true employee development plan that follows them from the minute they start at Realogy. It should be tied to their performance reviews and referred back to throughout the year and not just during common review periods. It could also be used to prepare employees for opportunities that are frequently or anticipated to be available. Perhaps consider separating the HR team in RFG. It would be great for them to learn more about the other Realogy businsesses and would break up a clique that employees know about and feel threatened by but are powerless to do anything about.

Pretty OK

Current Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company tries to do good things for it's employees. Promotes wellness, offers some flexibility with working from home.

Cons

Too much work, not enough help. Vacation policy is terrible.

Advice to Management

Be accountable for poor managers. Slow down, do less, but do it well.

11. Not the worst place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Real Estate is in a terrible place right now, but the Sr Management seems to be trying to work with the government to get it (and the economy as a whole) back on track.

Cons

Some departments have zero opportunity for advancement, with bosses who don't give any recognition except to their favorites.

RSS Feed </> Embed