Realogy

Realogy Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith

Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • Company is very good with work life balance, on site gym, good benefits and nice coworkers (in 4 reviews)

• Excellent communication with upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • To much nepotism upper management really needs to look into this (in 6 reviews)

• Terrible senior leadership, poor salary increases, poor benefits, no 401K match (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

There are some areas that are lacking

ProsI am fortunate enough that my manager is supportive and flexible to work with. I truly enjoy working with my colleagues, even though I am remote( different city).

ConsCommunication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management.
    It takes an act of god to have any type of decision made if it is in the best interest of the company or the branch offices.
    After mid quarter reviews are given it takes nearly 3 months for it to be determined if we get any merit increases or promotion. I want to be able to advance in the company, not stay in the same job at the same rate of pay.
    The wait time for expense reports to be authorized for payment is painfully slow. a 3 day wait to get reimbursement for Expenses is not very cost effective.
    Not all departments offer the option to work from home( which should be available)

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking from home should be available to all employees, In the long run it would be more cost efficient for the company(overall) and for those who travel 90% of the time for their position.

corporate politics ran the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office space and generally good group of people

ConsAll management decisions were made like a chess game. It was more important that a manager consider if I say yes, how does this effect me. . . instead of how does it effect the bottom line. I did not think the best approach to making money in a tough industry.

Awesome company!

Manager SEC Reporting (Current Employee) Madison, NJ

ProsThere are a bunch of small added bonuses in the NJ building. Such as a gym (only $20 a month with live classes), a nurse in the building, dry cleaning pick up and drop off in building, shoe shiner comes in once a week, 3 half day Fridays in the summer, usually close early the day before a holiday, there is a chiropractor twice a week and massages from a local spa once a week. They also have affinity groups for just about anything you are interested in. Maybe it's to give back to the community (Realogy cares) or better yourself (toastmasters).

ConsTraffic around the NJ office can get bad. Some departments are not open to flex time schedules and working from home.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Consultant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI chose Realogy because of the the company culture and their commitment to their employees. This company believes in developing their employees fullest potential and provides in-house and web-based training as well as discounts with online universities. Their overall benefits package is incredible and includes 401K, vacation and several very affordable options for health care. They believe in giving back to the community and support various non-profits both locally and nationally.

ConsI work from home - which I love. The only negative I can think of for my position is that I don't have the opportunity to interact with co-workers or team members in an office on a day to day basis. Which really isn't a bad thing.

No Opportunities For Advancement

ProsThe people are great, we all work very hard. There is a gym and a cafeteria. Brand new building is very nice, parking lot is ridiculous. It's really the people I work with that keep me here.

ConsNo raises, bonuses or opportunities to advance. We haven't had a real raise in years. That might be ok if we had opportunities to advance, but you're basically going to stay where you are forever at the same salary you made 5 years ago. All the costs go up, but not the salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't expect people to work this hard and not give them raises for 6 years. 2% is not a raise, it's not a cost of living increase, it's nothing. At least give your employees a cost of living increase. We have no opportunities at the company, we need to get something.

It is good

Manager (Current Employee) Madison, NJ

ProsManagement is aware of the needs of their employees

ConsLack of communication of messages to employees from management. Some managers are not understanding of the workload and continue to pile it on instead

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of work life balance with your employees.

Potential to be good

Manager (Current Employee) Madison, NJ

ProsThe company tries to create a good environment and does nice things for the employees.

ConsIt's hard to appreciate what the company does, because the work load is so overwhelming. Senior management has unrealistic expectations and a lack of general management skills. The culture is suffocating.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll upper management should take general management skills, not just new managers. Bad behavior should not be tolerated, just because someone is in a senior position. Slow down.

intteresting business

Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) Des Plaines, IL

ProsGood working Hours bus casual great people

ConsPoor management lack of communication to staff

Difficult to advance in the company

Accounting (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsI liked the events they held although they cut back since when I started here. That stuff is important for building a good company culture

ConsDifficult to advance. Not very frequent that someone would be promoted so there seems to be a lack of incentive for high performance

Great company to work for.

Business Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent communication with upper management.

ConsIt's a large corporation, so navigating though what is important to my job vs what is available can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for new employees.

Worked for Realogy? Contribute to the Community!