Realogy Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
2.9

Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith
Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • Company is very good with work life balance, on site gym, good benefits and nice coworkers (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent communication with upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management (in 8 reviews)

• Work life balance is non-existent, including conference calls Christmas morning (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

There are some areas that are lacking

I have been working at Realogy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am fortunate enough that my manager is supportive and flexible to work with. I truly enjoy working with my colleagues, even though I am remote( different city).

Cons

Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management.
    It takes an act of god to have any type of decision made if it is in the best interest of the company or the branch offices.
    After mid quarter reviews are given it takes nearly 3 months for it to be determined if we get any merit increases or promotion. I want to be able to advance in the company, not stay in the same job at the same rate of pay.
    The wait time for expense reports to be authorized for payment is painfully slow. a 3 day wait to get reimbursement for Expenses is not very cost effective.
    Not all departments offer the option to work from home( which should be available)

Working from home should be available to all employees, In the long run it would be more cost efficient for the company(overall) and for those who travel 90% of the time for their position.

sales representative

Former Employee - Real Esate Agent  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Real Esate Agent in Columbia, SC

I worked at Realogy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large and active relocation department and lead internet sites for sales reps to use Nice buildings

Cons

Management loves to change the commission rates and they fee the realtors to their death. No heath insurance available!

Instead of adding additional fees to the realtors- get rid of team Tuesday meeting. You will not have the pay the speaker's fees and you can pass the savings to the realtors. Pay your office managers more money! They are under appreciated by management!

Nothing Ever Changes. Lots of Promises

I worked at Realogy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My co-workers. Everyone works very hard. We all understand the situation.

Cons

The company's public "values" seem quite noble. But in actually they are hypocritical. They do not have an open door policy. They do not reward their people. They have the attitude that "you're lucky you have a job - we let you work here." You cannot get promoted- there are no opportunities to advance. You will see good people quit all the time. This doesn't seem to concern them. If you don't like something or suggest a change, keep quiet. If you are unhappy, you leave. Your intentions may be good, but don't bother. There are benefits which change every year and get more costly for less, they have stripped away raises and bonuses. If you are young and want to gain some experience, come here but don't expect a good salary. Just get your experience and find a better company. Don't stay here, you will regret that you did. Upper management are oblivious of all those people below them that actually keep the company running every day. It's just a depressing place to work. They are running the company like the country is still in a deep recession because it's working for them. They see that people will do 3x the work for the same pay without the raise and the bonuses so they're sticking with that. Nobody can objectively view this place as a company with a future. I feel very sorry for the employees.

There's no point. They don't care, they're going to do what they want to do.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK company to work for, depends on group you are in

Current Employee - Director  in  Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a local company with decent pay and benefits. Not a lot in the way of employee development and training, but there are advancement opportunities.

Cons

difficult work-life balance. Managers expect more and more as the workforce has had to shrink in the down real estate market the last several years.

be open to work-life balance issues

corporate politics ran the company

I worked at Realogy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office space and generally good group of people

Cons

All management decisions were made like a chess game. It was more important that a manager consider if I say yes, how does this effect me. . . instead of how does it effect the bottom line. I did not think the best approach to making money in a tough industry.

No doubt i was miserable there but after leaving there i did miss getting stabbed in the back...NOTTT!!!

Former Employee - My Job Title Undefined the Title I Was Given By the Comany  in  Madison, NJ
    Former Employee - My Job Title Undefined the Title I Was Given By the Comany in Madison, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time

Pros

no work life balance - you basically become their prisoner, compensation really SUCKS!!! No opportunity for growth or advancement unless you become a sucker and suck up to senior management all day long...maybe just maybe then you'll get the opportunity to become a manager - no appreciation of hard work, dedication or high level of education achieved/attainted - Sucking up and becoming a part of the "high schoolish" club/click in each dept. has formed will get you far GUARANTEED!!!

Cons

Everything especially senior management - senior management not professional enough to be in the position to lead. All the good and hardworking people either get fired or end up leaving on their own because of the lack of appreciation of hard work!

no advice can help senior management at this point, its too late...if the internal staff there cant make a difference and change their ways after making several suggestions to HR by everyone and the department what advice can I possibly give now that will be helpful since im no longer an employee (THANKFULLY, count my blessing everyday).

Specialist

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good vacation policy
    Benefits are affordable
    Opportunity to participate in volunteer committees

Cons

Low pay
    Work-load is unrealistic
    Few opportunities for advancement

Upper management is out of touch
    Sr. management only seems to care about themselves

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Manager SEC Reporting  in  Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager SEC Reporting in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a bunch of small added bonuses in the NJ building. Such as a gym (only $20 a month with live classes), a nurse in the building, dry cleaning pick up and drop off in building, shoe shiner comes in once a week, 3 half day Fridays in the summer, usually close early the day before a holiday, there is a chiropractor twice a week and massages from a local spa once a week. They also have affinity groups for just about anything you are interested in. Maybe it's to give back to the community (Realogy cares) or better yourself (toastmasters).

Cons

Traffic around the NJ office can get bad. Some departments are not open to flex time schedules and working from home.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Realogy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I chose Realogy because of the the company culture and their commitment to their employees. This company believes in developing their employees fullest potential and provides in-house and web-based training as well as discounts with online universities. Their overall benefits package is incredible and includes 401K, vacation and several very affordable options for health care. They believe in giving back to the community and support various non-profits both locally and nationally.

Cons

I work from home - which I love. The only negative I can think of for my position is that I don't have the opportunity to interact with co-workers or team members in an office on a day to day basis. Which really isn't a bad thing.

intteresting business

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst  in  Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Realogy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working Hours bus casual great people

Cons

Poor management lack of communication to staff

Worked for Realogy? Contribute to the Community!