Realogy Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
2.9

Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith
Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • Company is very good with work life balance, on site gym, good benefits and nice coworkers (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent communication with upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management (in 7 reviews)

• Work life balance is non-existent, including conference calls Christmas morning (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

There are some areas that are lacking

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am fortunate enough that my manager is supportive and flexible to work with. I truly enjoy working with my colleagues, even though I am remote( different city).

Cons

Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management.
    It takes an act of god to have any type of decision made if it is in the best interest of the company or the branch offices.
    After mid quarter reviews are given it takes nearly 3 months for it to be determined if we get any merit increases or promotion. I want to be able to advance in the company, not stay in the same job at the same rate of pay.
    The wait time for expense reports to be authorized for payment is painfully slow. a 3 day wait to get reimbursement for Expenses is not very cost effective.
    Not all departments offer the option to work from home( which should be available)

Working from home should be available to all employees, In the long run it would be more cost efficient for the company(overall) and for those who travel 90% of the time for their position.

OK company to work for, depends on group you are in

Current Employee - Director in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a local company with decent pay and benefits. Not a lot in the way of employee development and training, but there are advancement opportunities.

Cons

difficult work-life balance. Managers expect more and more as the workforce has had to shrink in the down real estate market the last several years.

be open to work-life balance issues

sales representative

Former Employee - Real Esate Agent in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Real Esate Agent in Columbia, SC

I worked at Realogy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large and active relocation department and lead internet sites for sales reps to use Nice buildings

Cons

Management loves to change the commission rates and they fee the realtors to their death. No heath insurance available!

Instead of adding additional fees to the realtors- get rid of team Tuesday meeting. You will not have the pay the speaker's fees and you can pass the savings to the realtors. Pay your office managers more money! They are under appreciated by management!

corporate politics ran the company

I worked at Realogy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice office space and generally good group of people

Cons

All management decisions were made like a chess game. It was more important that a manager consider if I say yes, how does this effect me. . . instead of how does it effect the bottom line. I did not think the best approach to making money in a tough industry.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Manager SEC Reporting in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager SEC Reporting in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a bunch of small added bonuses in the NJ building. Such as a gym (only $20 a month with live classes), a nurse in the building, dry cleaning pick up and drop off in building, shoe shiner comes in once a week, 3 half day Fridays in the summer, usually close early the day before a holiday, there is a chiropractor twice a week and massages from a local spa once a week. They also have affinity groups for just about anything you are interested in. Maybe it's to give back to the community (Realogy cares) or better yourself (toastmasters).

Cons

Traffic around the NJ office can get bad. Some departments are not open to flex time schedules and working from home.

No doubt i was miserable there but after leaving there i did miss getting stabbed in the back...NOTTT!!!

Former Employee - My Job Title Undefined the Title I Was Given By the Comany in Madison, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time

Pros

no work life balance - you basically become their prisoner, compensation really SUCKS!!! No opportunity for growth or advancement unless you become a sucker and suck up to senior management all day long...maybe just maybe then you'll get the opportunity to become a manager - no appreciation of hard work, dedication or high level of education achieved/attainted - Sucking up and becoming a part of the "high schoolish" club/click in each dept. has formed will get you far GUARANTEED!!!

Cons

Everything especially senior management - senior management not professional enough to be in the position to lead. All the good and hardworking people either get fired or end up leaving on their own because of the lack of appreciation of hard work!

no advice can help senior management at this point, its too late...if the internal staff there cant make a difference and change their ways after making several suggestions to HR by everyone and the department what advice can I possibly give now that will be helpful since im no longer an employee (THANKFULLY, count my blessing everyday).

Specialist

Current Employee - Specialist in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good vacation policy
    Benefits are affordable
    Opportunity to participate in volunteer committees

Cons

Low pay
    Work-load is unrealistic
    Few opportunities for advancement

Upper management is out of touch
    Sr. management only seems to care about themselves

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I chose Realogy because of the the company culture and their commitment to their employees. This company believes in developing their employees fullest potential and provides in-house and web-based training as well as discounts with online universities. Their overall benefits package is incredible and includes 401K, vacation and several very affordable options for health care. They believe in giving back to the community and support various non-profits both locally and nationally.

Cons

I work from home - which I love. The only negative I can think of for my position is that I don't have the opportunity to interact with co-workers or team members in an office on a day to day basis. Which really isn't a bad thing.

It is good

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management is aware of the needs of their employees

Cons

Lack of communication of messages to employees from management. Some managers are not understanding of the workload and continue to pile it on instead

Be mindful of work life balance with your employees.

Potential to be good

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company tries to create a good environment and does nice things for the employees.

Cons

It's hard to appreciate what the company does, because the work load is so overwhelming. Senior management has unrealistic expectations and a lack of general management skills. The culture is suffocating.

All upper management should take general management skills, not just new managers. Bad behavior should not be tolerated, just because someone is in a senior position. Slow down.