Realogy Reviews

Reset
3.4
Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith
Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • good diverse company, good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• The staff and upper management were knowledgable, friendly, and were great mentors to myself and other interns (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management (in 7 reviews)

• Work/Life balance can be hard to achieve (in 4 reviews)

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here just over a year and I am very happy to have made the move. There is a very friendly corporate culture with a rare combination of hard work and low stress. There is also an excellent work-life balance. Every project I have been given has been challenging and exciting. I am very fond of my colleagues.

Cons

The company should update its technology including standardization. Working in the IT department, I feel that we are about five years behind state of the art. The Madison corporate office is also in a high traffic area for commuters.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the technology infrastructure including recruiting top level IT employees. Don't lose focus on the human side of the business.

Realogy is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Manager in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Marketing Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top talent Everyone gets along and really works well together Work Life Balance Promotes Healthy Lifestyle We work hard but it's actually fun to come to the office everyday and you feel appreciated

Cons

It really is a very good company and if I had any suggestions for improvement it would be to consider the Apple/Mac platforms when building software and support. Many of us and our clients use Mac's but the company if mostly PC based which does present some challenges for Mac users. But with that said, the Help Desk and IT Support really do an amazing job helping Mac users find a solution.

Advice to Management

Management is amazing, open door, feels like family, amazing leadership, clear direction, honestly best company I have ever worked for!

3. Job Review

I have been working at Realogy

Pros

Great people to work for.

Cons

No advancements available through company.

5. Good Company

I have been working at Realogy full-time

Pros

Good people; Culture is friendly;

Cons

Agile daily work pulling you to different direction; rigid control and review process to slow things down.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time

Pros

Realogy has created a wonderful culture driven by innovation, transparency, professionalism and ethics. The company is thriving and it is a happy place to come into every day. Management is open to new ideas and does a great job of balancing the office between seasoned employees and eager millennials. The senior leadership team is always accessible which is an added value you rarely see at big companies. I feel the work/life balance is terrific and there are many committees and "extra curriculars" that are fantastic for philanthropy, networking and career advancement. From the Realogy softball team and 5Ks for charity to on site real estate license school and a ton of free self improvement classes, they really offer more than any other company I have been at. It's a building I am proud to enter each morning. Not only is the architecture gorgeous but the floor to ceiling windows lets a ton of sunshine in which is an instant mood booster. The open floor plan has created an incredibly collaborative environment. It is also close to a train station which makes catching a meeting in NYC really easy. There are a ton of career opportunities since there are multiple business units under the Realogy umbrella.

Cons

Each business unit is run a bit differently which makes for some interesting politics but all things considered Realogy does a really good job of keeping the peace in the building. Things are extremely professional despite the competition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The company has been thriving, there is a laser focus on smart growth and innovation and you have created a happy place to work. Keep an eye on keeping salaries competitive so that top talent is retained.

7. Manager

I have been working at Realogy

Pros

Good Company to work with

Cons

Benefits and work life balance is not good

Realogy

Current Employee - IT Manager in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work - life balance, challenging work, opportunity for career growth, great people to work with, directly contribute to success of company, ethical senior management

Cons

below average pay and benefits, open office environment makes it hard to focus

Advice to Management

increase workers pay, create real incentives for hard work by introducing stock options

Manager

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture, big company small feel.

Cons

need to fight for what you want, management won't necessarily listen unless they feel compelled. but no different than most large corporations.

Workforce stretched way too thin

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A few (some might say too few) groups of operational- / lower-level workers actually exhibit some nice camaraderie among one another. I suppose like fellow soldiers who look out for one another while in the trenches of battle.

Cons

Poor people management: At almost all levels of the organization, the staff is stretched vastly too thin. The company tries to operate "lean" but often so excessive to the detriment of the business as well as the morale of employees. One might start in a group excited to take on challenges only to discover little to no support or aid from management to actually bring success to the business/company. The result is - at least for most roles and jobs - instead of building medium- or long-term value for shareholders and creating new opportunities, everyone is fighting the next set of fires - either operational fires, tech fires, etc. No technology fun here: If you are a technologist, for the most part this is not the place to learn cutting-edge technology. Only a rare, few groups get that privilege, and even then, some of those groups rely on outside vendors. If you hope to create or be involved with new technology - real estate-related or otherwise - you would be hard-pressed to find many opportunities within Realogy. Real estate agents treat corporate employees like trash: Granted real estate agents have a tough job, and literally work from home sale to home sale...But many brokers make so many ethically-questionable promises in order to meet quotas to recruit real estate agents, that once the agents join they expect so much as to be wholly unrealistic. Add this to my above comment about the corporate employees being staffed too thinly, and you get the picture that it becomes untenable, and extremely difficult to keep stakeholders and partners satisfied. Upper management treats employees like they should be happy with the pittance they shell out: Having said all the above, upper-management firmly believes they are in fact generous by giving employees the little bit that they give. Many companies thought this way during the height of the recession. Naturally many employees were stuck for fear of losing their jobs...Realogy still has the mentality that they're doing everyone a favor by keeping them employed there, with the low salary, and not-fully matched 401k.

Advice to Management

1. Hire more people per role/job. 2. Be a less risk-averse with technology. I understand this is not possible with all or even most areas. But it is 2015, and you should allow for technology to persist more deeply throughout the organization. 3. Stop allowing your brokers to promise the world to potential agent recruits...And then stop hampering corporate employees so that they can actually help satisfy these agent recruits, etc. Maybe then, agents won't treat corporate support staff like trash. 4. Actually respect the lower-level employees. This is not the early nineteenth century. And for goodness sake, either hire more people like my point #1 above), or at least raise salaries even a bit, or at least raise the 401k match.

Corporate plantation/ Cutthroat environment/ Colossal-sized revolving door/ Politics galore

I worked at Realogy

Pros

This place will drain you dry and will make your mental health decline. The place has to be similar hell. You will assume a role of 3 positions and expect to be stellar on a joke of a salary. This includes a 2% merit increase, which is another slap in the face. Yes, the "global leader" of real estate cannot afford to give a decent increase. There is no room for advancement because the politics game is too strong. Don't die trying.

Cons

The place is a hub for sociopaths and you will learn that instantly. Extremely unethical company with a collection of zombies representing the Human Resources department. Nothing you say to them is confidential. Internally everything is a process, a complicated senseless process that makes your job more frustrating. Upper management consists of zombies, gnat brained individuals and more zombies. Incompetency at its best. They lack basic managerial skills. They will dismantled an entire department with their poor skills. It's a toxic work environment that will chip your confidence and self-worth! Employees are not valued! I've witnessed brilliant and hardworking people leave or pushed to quit. Turn over rate is so high that there isn't a month when a herd of people don't quit. As soon as you give your two weeks, you are on their hit list. They will seek revenge by messing with your last paycheck. For the sake of your sanity, look elsewhere!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed