Realogy Reviews

69 reviews filtered by
2.8
Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith
Richard A. Smith

Pros
  • Company is very good with work life balance, on site gym, good benefits and nice coworkers (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent communication with upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management (in 7 reviews)

• Work life balance is non-existent, including conference calls Christmas morning (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Manager SEC Reporting in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager SEC Reporting in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are a bunch of small added bonuses in the NJ building. Such as a gym (only $20 a month with live classes), a nurse in the building, dry cleaning pick up and drop off in building, shoe shiner comes in once a week, 3 half day Fridays in the summer, usually close early the day before a holiday, there is a chiropractor twice a week and massages from a local spa once a week. They also have affinity groups for just about anything you are interested in. Maybe it's to give back to the community (Realogy cares) or better yourself (toastmasters).

Cons

Traffic around the NJ office can get bad. Some departments are not open to flex time schedules and working from home.

2. Great company. Boss was a great guy

Former Employee - Developer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Developer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Realogy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Good benefits. Enjoyable work. Good pay and bonus. Free gym and coffee. Relaxed management. Good team. Good atmosphere as a software developer in Waltham.

Cons

Location has bad traffic. Kind of a cubical farm. No relaxed dress code even when we never saw customers. Projects would get tied up in beuorocracy.

Let us wear whatever if we never see customers.

3. Great brands, poor leadership

I worked at Realogy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

brands, dynamic industry, focused on key vertical

Cons

leadership not interested or schooled in organic growth. very poor annual planning.

Stop the top down stuff

Marketing manager

I have been working at Realogy

Pros

There are Nice corporate facilities, decent pay although not a lot of room for growth, large company

Cons

Hard to be promoted, work atmosphere is dull

Beyond Bureaucratic and

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development
    Former Employee - Vice President Business Development

I worked at Realogy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good time-off policies to go to doctors. Senior level HR is honest. Middle-management across the firm leaves much room for improvement.

Cons

Senior management cannot get out of their own way, let their ego's get in the way of getting things done.

Replace your IT infrastructure. Don't say one thing about acquired businesses and do another.

sales representative

Former Employee - Real Esate Agent in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Real Esate Agent in Columbia, SC

I worked at Realogy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large and active relocation department and lead internet sites for sales reps to use Nice buildings

Cons

Management loves to change the commission rates and they fee the realtors to their death. No heath insurance available!

Instead of adding additional fees to the realtors- get rid of team Tuesday meeting. You will not have the pay the speaker's fees and you can pass the savings to the realtors. Pay your office managers more money! They are under appreciated by management!

There are some areas that are lacking

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am fortunate enough that my manager is supportive and flexible to work with. I truly enjoy working with my colleagues, even though I am remote( different city).

Cons

Communication is drastically lacking between upper management and mid level management.
    It takes an act of god to have any type of decision made if it is in the best interest of the company or the branch offices.
    After mid quarter reviews are given it takes nearly 3 months for it to be determined if we get any merit increases or promotion. I want to be able to advance in the company, not stay in the same job at the same rate of pay.
    The wait time for expense reports to be authorized for payment is painfully slow. a 3 day wait to get reimbursement for Expenses is not very cost effective.
    Not all departments offer the option to work from home( which should be available)

Working from home should be available to all employees, In the long run it would be more cost efficient for the company(overall) and for those who travel 90% of the time for their position.

OK company to work for, depends on group you are in

Current Employee - Director in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a local company with decent pay and benefits. Not a lot in the way of employee development and training, but there are advancement opportunities.

Cons

difficult work-life balance. Managers expect more and more as the workforce has had to shrink in the down real estate market the last several years.

be open to work-life balance issues

corporate politics ran the company

I worked at Realogy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice office space and generally good group of people

Cons

All management decisions were made like a chess game. It was more important that a manager consider if I say yes, how does this effect me. . . instead of how does it effect the bottom line. I did not think the best approach to making money in a tough industry.

No doubt i was miserable there but after leaving there i did miss getting stabbed in the back...NOTTT!!!

Former Employee - My Job Title Undefined the Title I Was Given By the Comany in Madison, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time

Pros

no work life balance - you basically become their prisoner, compensation really SUCKS!!! No opportunity for growth or advancement unless you become a sucker and suck up to senior management all day long...maybe just maybe then you'll get the opportunity to become a manager - no appreciation of hard work, dedication or high level of education achieved/attainted - Sucking up and becoming a part of the "high schoolish" club/click in each dept. has formed will get you far GUARANTEED!!!

Cons

Everything especially senior management - senior management not professional enough to be in the position to lead. All the good and hardworking people either get fired or end up leaving on their own because of the lack of appreciation of hard work!

no advice can help senior management at this point, its too late...if the internal staff there cant make a difference and change their ways after making several suggestions to HR by everyone and the department what advice can I possibly give now that will be helpful since im no longer an employee (THANKFULLY, count my blessing everyday).