Rearden Commerce

Rearden Commerce Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2014

Rearden Commerce Chairman and CEO Patrick W. Grady

Patrick W. Grady

Pros:
  • "They are very flexible in terms of hours, manaing your own work load and allowing a work-life balance"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Some good people get hired, unfortunately they don't stay"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Way too many people and the wrong people are in senior management roles"
    in 14 reviews
  • "8 the only good thing I can say is upper management can sell a great job but they can't produce one"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than a year

ProsVery nice work culture.
Flexible hours. Collaborative team approch.
Free Food. Everything is so clear between company and employees.
Many party events.

ConsTechnology in some QA area need to improve.

Product Management

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than a year

ProsInnovation, Great Talent, Good learning opportunity

ConsUncertinty , Lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a strategy that sticks

Worked here for several months. Have poor training. Poor cooperation of co workers who have longevity there.

Market Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time

ProsHourly pay was pretty fair.

ConsWanted you to make 150+ outbound business to business calls. This was not part of the original job description.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a very competitive industry. Businesses are bombarded with too many insincere calls daily.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quite good

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVibrant social life, excellent people, good technological stack, up to date process and practices

ConsUnclear leadership, poor execution, unreasonable expectations

Advice to Senior Managementmore consistency

Transformation to Deem with new focus on WIGs

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than a year

ProsRising from the ashes like the Phoenix Deem is born with focus on wildly important goals that will result in benefits to customers of improved savings, sales and syndication in markets begging for an option such as Deem. Already the "buzz" among Silicon Valley executive insiders this is going to be the place to be for engineers and sales people that want to be on the leading edge of Commerce as a Service CaaS

ConsStill defining actionable items for WIGs and recent move to San Francisco has resulting in many people leaving which created gaps but also opportunities. There still are some unhappy people internally referred to as Eores. They have trappings of a fun place but for instance the bar is not stocked and no free sodas or Redbull and ocassional free food basically is just Chipotle takeout for 100. As part of new company came down hard on all employees about poor productivity.

Advice to Senior Management95% of people there do work hard and improved productivity measure of revenue per employee obviously improves with growth. Also alignment of team with 4dx WIGs will get the performance supercharged from peewee soccer level to Premier league champion level using Coveys famous soccer example

Pleased with my decision so far

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time for less than a year

Pros- Not micromanaged in my department. I'm able to work independently and also collaborate across my department and other teams
- Work/life balance is great. Nice PTO package and am encouraged to work hard and take time off.
- My direct management is very aware of my priorities on the job - don't want to see the team burn out
- Love the office culture. Social events at least once a month, company-wide meetings keep the offices connected.

Cons- CEO is a little elusive
- There isn't a lot of cohesion across the 4 int'l offices, which could be expected
- Haven't been around for a year yet, so not familiar with performance review process

Advice to Senior ManagementAll around, make sure top leadership is truly leading their team and cultivating a culture where people want to work hard for the company.

What looks good on the outside isn't always good on the inside!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Foster City, CA

I worked at Rearden Commerce full-time for less than a year

ProsThe vision is compelling, there are some very good people trying be successful and the list of investors is high profile and impressive.

ConsThe list is long! The CEO is a disaster with questionable ethics, emotional instability and a penchant for hyperbolic overstatement. The culture he has created has been called "fear and loathing" at Rearden" and lacks any semblance of cadence or execution. The turnover is excessive creating a severely damaged employment brand. The best advice is to skip this one...your career and life will be better for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the CEO with a professional, ethical and emotionally mature leader who will build an inspirational culture and create a strategic plan for success. You might want to replace the BOD as well since they have enabled this disaster.

Would not reccomend this employer to anyone

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time for less than a year

ProsNo pros to wroking there

Consno organization
No real up to the date training
Favortisim is applied by management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of management and reorganize

Interesting product that lacks vision from executive staff

Senior Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Very talented designers and engineers
- Nice work, life, balance
- Competitive salaries
- Complex and challenging problems to solve

Cons- Executive team changes positioning every 6 months

Sold a bill of good in the interview, MISLEADING

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rearden Commerce full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent base pay if you come in at the top of 35k (too bad comp is terrible)

ConsTo many to list. First, take all of the positive, life changing things you are td in the interview and ease know the VP is a great salesman and nothing will come to fruition. The wonderful work environment is completely fear based and more political than one can imagine. I left a good job for this wonderful opportunity I believed it to be and within 2 weeks I knew I had been taken for a ride and made the worst mistake of my life.
 1. Environment based completely on fear
 2. Please notice there is always an ad for marketing in Scottsdale. This is because 8 out of 10 people are fired I. First 4 months.
3. Then there are constant layoffs to follow hiring to replace!
4. You are selling a groupon, nothing has changed and customers don't like this type of advertising anymore because they do not get a steady return.
5. The management changes mind daily and you will take the brunt of that.
6. No real training besides the vp talking about passion and trying to get you pumped for the worst job of a lifetime.
7. This whole Deem experience has fallen short and doesn't work. Amex and Citi both jumped ship because it didn't produce.
8 the only good thing I can say is upper management can sell a great job but they can't produce one.

It's a horrible, demoralizing place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a good look in the mirror and see that you are horrible and unfair to your employees and they are to afraid to say anything but how much they live it there. It's sad and the company won't ever make it like this.

Worked for Rearden Commerce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rearden Commerce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rearden Commerce CEO Patrick W. Grady. All 131 reviews posted anonymously by Rearden Commerce employees.