Rebekah Children's Services

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
3.4

Michael Sayes

Doing good in the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

They do have a good benifits package. They seem to realize that they may not be able to pay what is needed to live in the south bay, but they try to make up for it by time off, and other benifits. It is also rewarding knowing that even if you do not work with the clients directly, that your work impacts the community through the work you do to support the people that do work with the clients directly. If you have a passion to help children, then Rebekah Children's Service is the place you would want to work.

Cons

The cost of living and working for a non-profit.

They need to show they are united. There has been a lot of issues in the past, and I think it is hard for staff to trust.

Need make a change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

My manager is amazing and the team that I work with as well. I work with a lot of people who truly care about the agency. There are many employees who have been at RCS for a long time. Flexible with time, able to leave if my kids are sick, or need time off

Cons

Better and competitive pay. Needs to be improve benefits. Need to have more events for staff.

Last 9 months have crazy. Benefits need to improve, need more staff incentives, staff satisfaction, need to really listen to the employees. Also, need to bring in more donors! Also, need to be able to speak up and voice your concerns! Show and become a united front! Need to look at the current programs and improve on them for our clients.

Help RCS!

Current Employee - Clinical Director
    Current Employee - Clinical Director

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, strong purpose, and great facility. The organization has been around a long time and there is a lot of internal talent.

Cons

Incompetent, insensitive, and narcissist CEO! RCS has gone LEFT since he arrived on January 2014. The CEO in incapable to run RCS effectively because he doesn't know what he is doing.

Get rid of the CEO and make better choices. RCS has great internal candidate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nonprofit world

Former Employee - Therapist  in  Gilroy, CA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Gilroy, CA

I worked at Rebekah Children's Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A good place to gather hours for the BBS if you are a social work or MFT intern. A variety of cases, diagnosis, and age groups.

Cons

Not enough support or organization, kind of chaotic which impacts treatment to clients.

Need to be more like EMQ in order to support staff and have a stable environment. Need more ethical standards and trainings.

Great place to work, but lack of CEO leadership!!

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

It is a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference in people's lives. I love working with families and being able to help them out in any way possible. Everyone is friendly, you walk down the hall and every employee smiles and acknowledges you even if you don't know them. My work team is awesome and for that part I really enjoy working at Rebekah Children's services.

Cons

I have worked for non profit agencies in past, as far as my last work place the CEO would make himself present. He was awesome. He always communicated what was going on and any changes for the good or bad. He visited all of our locations very often and talked to every employee no matter what your job title was. The CEO for Rebekah's is most of the time in his office with the door closed and we never know when he is in. If he sees you walking down the hall he does not say hi or smile, well at least not to most of us unless you have an important job title. He is not communicative at all, we are lost and don't know where our agency stands. I do not see him involved or that he is making any good changes or progress for the agency. It is very sad to not see him take that leadership role that motivates everyone. It actually felt more motivating when we did not have a CEO and our CIO was taking over for a while, now he is an awesome person and really is the type of leader that Rebekah's needs.

Next time pick a better CEO!!!!

Worked for Rebekah Children's Services? Contribute to the Community!