Rebekah Children's Services Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
9 reviews filtered by
2.2
Michael Sayes

I have been working at RCS for over 12 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at Rebekah Children's Services is the tremendous heart the agency has. Staff are incredibly talented and awesome! Our new Executive Director Christophe Rebboah is moving the agency forward with great talent and ability.

Cons

A couple of ex-employees are going on Glassdoor with innuendos and untrue declarations. If these 2 woman feel that they are being truthful why not tell everyone who they are; one of these women has no problem putting our Executive Director's name out there. Get out of the dark and come forward with your full name. The reason I am not putting my name to this posting is that I do not wish to be targeted by you. Best wishes to you and yours.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Our children and families as well as staff appreciate your commitment.

Poor leadership doesn't even cover it. Four CEO's in a two-year period...

I worked at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be a great place to work, but has declined drastically over the last several years.

Cons

Current CEO (Christophe Rebboah) and other officers lack the knowledge to run the business. Board is run by a fraternal organization, and members also lack the necessary knowledge about the group home or mental health services, which explains why they continue to choose bad CEO's.

Advice to Management

Replace the Board and all of the Officers; they are all self-serving and retaliatory.

Disappointment in Management

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mission to serve children and families is incredibly fulfilling.

Cons

The inexperience and lack of leadership skills from the executive level undermine what could be a wonderful organization

Advice to Management

Quit trying to win popularity contests and focus on doing good work

Mixed bag

I worked at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

The company offers a good benefits package-a good amount of time off that grows as you put in more time and great medical and dental. The mental health experience you get at the organization prepares you for a wide range of jobs and a high level of confidence with a range of mental health issues. There are a lot of long term staff to learn from and many of the therapists and the psychiatrist are excellent mental health professionals.

I will say that my last manager did a great job of being consistent in his words and actions and actually addressed some of the negative staff dynamics. If he had been there earlier on I would not have left for another job offer.

Good experience for early career experience in social services.

Cons

During my time at RCS there was a lot of transition including turnover of managers, lay-offs, and staff being fired. This type of constant unrest coupled with the lack of strong leadership did not create the best environment. Staff relationships were tense and there was a lot of distrust of leadership.

I think your job satisfaction here varies greatly by department so keep that in mind. If you want to work there ask about the department's rate of staff turnover.

Advice to Management

If you say you are going to do something follow through. When you have hard working employees you need to give them opportunities based on that work or you will lose them.

Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Director in Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RCS has a great mission, serves the community well. It's been around many years and has maintained focused on treatment for children and families.

Cons

RCS lost the most important and influential Executive,, the previous CIO who was there over 12-years. Ever since he left, RCS has not been the same. It's amazing to see the positive impact one person has on an organization, a community, and this industry. People like This CIO (George Montes) are like precious gems, they need to be taken care of and safeguarded. It is so unfortunate RCS lost such a valuable employee, the one person who was the glue that held RCS together. That person's strengths are unique and will never be replaced, making RCS a less stable environment that lacks skill he brought to the operations.

Advice to Management

Don't let egos get in the way of success. A true leadership would find a way to do what is right and bring back the right skill to RCS. Don't ever make mistakes like the ones that caused this talent to leave. An organization that is true to its mission should not act on personal interests, it should focus on the needs to fulfill the mission.

Need make a change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager is amazing and the team that I work with as well. I work with a lot of people who truly care about the agency. There are many employees who have been at RCS for a long time. Flexible with time, able to leave if my kids are sick, or need time off

Cons

Better and competitive pay. Needs to be improve benefits. Need to have more events for staff.

Advice to Management

Last 9 months have crazy. Benefits need to improve, need more staff incentives, staff satisfaction, need to really listen to the employees. Also, need to bring in more donors! Also, need to be able to speak up and voice your concerns! Show and become a united front! Need to look at the current programs and improve on them for our clients.

Nonprofit world

Former Employee - Therapist in Gilroy, CA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Gilroy, CA

I worked at Rebekah Children's Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to gather hours for the BBS if you are a social work or MFT intern. A variety of cases, diagnosis, and age groups.

Cons

Not enough support or organization, kind of chaotic which impacts treatment to clients.

Advice to Management

Need to be more like EMQ in order to support staff and have a stable environment. Need more ethical standards and trainings.

Doing good in the community.

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

They do have a good benifits package. They seem to realize that they may not be able to pay what is needed to live in the south bay, but they try to make up for it by time off, and other benifits. It is also rewarding knowing that even if you do not work with the clients directly, that your work impacts the community through the work you do to support the people that do work with the clients directly. If you have a passion to help children, then Rebekah Children's Service is the place you would want to work.

Cons

The cost of living and working for a non-profit.

Advice to Management

They need to show they are united. There has been a lot of issues in the past, and I think it is hard for staff to trust.

Great place to work, but lack of CEO leadership!!

I have been working at Rebekah Children's Services

Pros

It is a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference in people's lives. I love working with families and being able to help them out in any way possible. Everyone is friendly, you walk down the hall and every employee smiles and acknowledges you even if you don't know them. My work team is awesome and for that part I really enjoy working at Rebekah Children's services.

Cons

I have worked for non profit agencies in past, as far as my last work place the CEO would make himself present. He was awesome. He always communicated what was going on and any changes for the good or bad. He visited all of our locations very often and talked to every employee no matter what your job title was. The CEO for Rebekah's is most of the time in his office with the door closed and we never know when he is in. If he sees you walking down the hall he does not say hi or smile, well at least not to most of us unless you have an important job title. He is not communicative at all, we are lost and don't know where our agency stands. I do not see him involved or that he is making any good changes or progress for the agency. It is very sad to not see him take that leadership role that motivates everyone. It actually felt more motivating when we did not have a CEO and our CIO was taking over for a while, now he is an awesome person and really is the type of leader that Rebekah's needs.

Advice to Management

Next time pick a better CEO!!!!

Rebekah Children's Services Photos