Recall Corporation

Recall Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Recall Corporation Group President Doug Pertz

Doug Pertz

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, if you get paid enough to afford them"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Great benefits and could work from home occasionally"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Parent company Brambles wants to sell off Recall but can't get the overvalued price they want"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Constant demotion of hard working individuals leaves a bad impression on both staff and customers"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Really good but depends on your manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe flexibility, people and benefits

ConsSome managers are overly aggressive and there seems to be a good old boy club of white males with military experience running the show

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity in senior roles and put your money where your mouth is when it comes to employee training and development.

Great people...mostly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Norcross, GA

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMet some great people, learned a lot about corporate culture and the good ol boys club. Honed my skills and was able to get certifications in many areas. Great benefits and could work from home occasionally.

ConsDesperation for keeping jobs and making a name turned some really good people into robots. The uncertainty of the sale caused a lot of people to lose their jobs as the owning company trimmed costs (people).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot manage by fear and expect good work out of people.

Good culture and winning environment.

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong financial company. Solid customer base. Continues to provide new service and solution offerings.

ConsOften times a divide between operations and sales.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Refreshing new Senior Managment!

I have been working at Recall Corporation

ProsPay at top of industry range, focused on meeting the needs of the new digital information era, expansion of offerings provides customers with many options to add services.

ConsIndustry, especially secure destruction, is under intense pricing pressure. Industry is undergoing a massive shift toward managing digital information and business process automation. It's always a challenge to change the DNA of a company. Many industry competitors have failed in this quest. Recall's success remains to be seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook long term. It's challenging to make decisions that may impact short term results betting on the future. All great companies face these challenges and the do the hard, right things. Early outlook is that Recall's Leaders are up to the challenge.

Good outweighs the bad 5:1, especially now that Brambles is gone.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSmart, hardworking people, lots of opportunity in this industry as the biggest competitor is weak and complacent. New global executive leadership is refreshing. We seem to have a great plan in place.
Some great new customers coming on. Not many customers leaving any more. We seem to be back in the acquisition game which is exciting. My local sales team is the best it has been in 6 years.

ConsStay away from short term decisions now that brambles is out. Think long term on all decisions and it will be great now that Recall is on its own.

Advice to Senior ManagementLong term decisions. Many current Recall members have stuck through tough times to get to this point. Make the most of it by thinking 5+ years out on all decisions and investments. Be careful we don't hit our customers with too many fees for every little thing we do for them and watch the prices increase. We want to be able to sell them our other services.

In the 3 years that I’ve been employed here, I have witnessed positive changes happening to better the Recall business.

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSenior leadership listens when we make suggestions and have proven it with enhanced trainings, and best practice sharing, etc. at recent Sales conferences. Sales people are rewarded for our hard work and dedication by awards ceremonies and Presidents Club. Senior leadership has an open door policy and they ask for our opinion and include us in task forces to consistently make enhancements and improvements where needed.

ConsI cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see more visits by senior leadership in our market, makes for an impressive sales call when you bring along the President and/or VP.

Good Ole Boys Club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Recall Corporation

ProsThe location and the facility are nice enough.

ConsOnly men get promoted, particularly veterans and anyone who loves sports.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou would get a higher quality work force if you chose from a pool of ALL people and not just half the population, i.e., men.

The Grass Is Greener Anywhere Other Than Recall

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- There are a TON of really awesome people that work for the company

- Decent base salary BUT depending on the market you work in for sales (anywhere other than the South), you may have no shot at ever seeing any real commission due to their terrible reputation.

Cons- Company is far too lean to fufill its obligations to its customers so they are constantly bleeding business to competitors.

- They cannot even get their act together enough to provide quotas for sales to work towards.

- They hit their clients with outrageous (and frankly unethical) price increases every year regardless of contract language and leave the Account Managers to deal with the wreakage of relationships and lost business. This of course leads to a bad reputation making it very dificult for Sales Executives to go out and cultivate new business.

- There is next to no sales support and even if you do land a new sale, the internal red tape to get anything implamented is a NIGHTMARE!

- Fear based management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet sales some support. Invest in some real training and technology and stop raping your customers. They are far too difficult to come by to treat so poorly.

Sales

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get to work with great people. Overall, everyone is helpful and the resources are there if you seek out the assistance in helping you ramp up.

ConsThe comp plan is less than desirable. You must stay on top of your commissions and you have to assist with hunting down late pays or commissions are withheld.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be such a good ole boy network. There's a perception you are either "in" the circle or "outside" the circle. Be open to fresh ideas.

No respect, no Integrity

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefit package above average than most companies but that's it.

ConsBeing in sales it's either sell or you're out attitude, no support and commissions are withheld for months. Process to sign new customers takes forever.
Management micro manages your sales, there is no give and take to contracts...no wonder they are losing customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your people do their job without micromanaging and pressuring them to do more than can actually be done.

Worked for Recall Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Recall Corporation Videos

Recall Corporation – Why Work for Us?

Recall whiteboard | Linkedin | Glassdoor from MapleLoft on Vimeo. Recall is a global leader in information management, helping thousands of customers securely manage information throughout its life-cycle. The company… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Recall Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Recall Corporation CEO Doug Pertz. All 93 reviews posted anonymously by Recall Corporation employees.