Recall Corporation

Updated December 14, 2014
2.9

Recall Corporation Group President Doug Pertz
Doug Pertz

Pros
  • Great co-workers, teams are committed to making the business successful, good benefits (in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits and could work from home occasionally (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Parent company Brambles wants to sell off Recall but can't get the overvalued price they want (in 7 reviews)

• If you're a PM forget it, you might as well just ask the Business what date they want to implement and find a way to do it (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent Company

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, teams are committed to making the business successful, good benefits.

Cons

Company has had instability for the past few years, employees are not empowered to contribute to overall direction, lack of overall culture within the company

Entitlement from employees with years in the company

Former Employee - Materilals in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Materilals in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Recall Corporation as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow and during my employment, I feel like I was compensated exactly for my daily actions than what my title was.

Cons

Lack of experienced lower management especially in material management and will not listen to advice from employees. Managers are set to their ways, will not receive advice of any kind. Seems like everyone in the company do whatever they want, no real management direction. Especially employees who have long tenure are not held responsible for anything, you might as well not report a misconduct about these employees.

Upper management seems oblivious to what happens "downstairs". No involvement, only goes by what they are told by lower management.

The management does not care about people, only productivity and profit.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, paid vacations, steady work.

Cons

People are just numbers to them. The manager has unlimited power and will fire you for any reason.

Go find a short pier, and take a long walk.

Poor management

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time

Pros

Great as a stepping stone

Cons

no advancement opportunities, low pay for the real workers "warehouse, team leads or supervisors".

safety, better pay, profit sharing, better training,

An excellent place to work.

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time

Pros

Autonomy and teamwork. Positive environment for getting things done.

Cons

Increase level of training for new employees to expedite their on-boarding into the organization.

Many years as a ICS

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Vacation Holidays are average about what you would expect

Cons

WORST MANAGEMENT EVER. Lots of instability since Recall became independent of its parent company. Unofficial motto of the sales department and account management is "Promise now ask for forgiveness later". in other words say and promise whatever you have too to get the client in the door or to keep them and worry about meeting or not meeting requirements at a later time. The problem is it people at the local level that have to deal with the fallout. Management is completely unable to inspire people so they use threats instead. Management seems to go out of their way to get rid of longtime employees and replace them unqualified personnel at a lower wage.

Leave

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Experience Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the solutions the company has to offer customers, love the employees

Cons

Senior leadership is tone deaf. And if you aren't a white male, good luck getting any advancement opportunities. Really thought that the new CEO would change things, but it still depends on whether or not those in the "in" crowd like you. They continue to recycle the same good ole boys in and out of roles- even when they aren't qualified and haven't performed in previous roles. So sad.

Replace the NA President and then get someone who actually understands sales and marketing. Realize that diversity is a good thing. Group think is not- you only get head nodders and no real results when you surround yourself with people who look just like you, act just like you, and are afraid to say anything differently from what you may think.

Recall's global management cannot act as one.

Current Employee - Vice President in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Recall Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has some great employees. They are truly concerned about doing the right thing and open to guidance. Most want to advance their careers.

Cons

Poor middle level leadership. Poor global level leadership. Employees feel like they are not empowered to do much and middle management seems threatened if employees act. High turnover in new employees.

Train your managers to be leaders. Allow your employees to act on what is in line with company objectives. Recognize people for performance.

Good Temp work

Former Employee - Warehouse Temp
    Former Employee - Warehouse Temp

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

picking boxes off the racks is boring, but simple work. The facility was nice and the their is a good bond between the other temps

Cons

the warehouse gets unbearably hot in the summertime. Additinally, warehouse work has very little chances for advancement

Great people, great place to work!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I worked at Recall Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Recall not only goes above and beyond when it comes to investing in it's people, but they are the leaders when it comes to investing in cutting edge technology and resources. The level of talent and technology available to its customer positions this company to be a true full service information management partnership that far supercedes its competition. In my tenure with Recall I was able to learn and grow alongside some of the most talented people I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Management truly cares about their people and will support and push to ensure their success like no other place I have worked. The operations management team for the digital group is the most detail oriented and business savvy you will ever encounter. This team has invested a lot of time and due diligence to ensure they operate an extremely efficient and productive business which ultimately provides its customers with the best level of service in this industry. They have done a great job recruiting the industry's leading technical team to provide an extra layer of knowledge and support out in the field. Both the local operations team for digital and the physical storage side that I had the pleasure to work with were some of the hardest working individuals who work well given the high demands us sales reps offer the client in order to get the deal done without ever compromising exceptional service to its customers. The sales management teams provide all the tools and training necessary to be successful in this role. Its because of this hands on approach that management takes to really get to know all of their top prospects and the passion they have for closing business that helped support me and lead me to qualify for presidents club trips 2 years in a row.

Cons

If I had to pick something to say as a con I would go as far as saying in some cases there does seem to be a slight disconnect internally amongst service lines. In my role I often times sold multiple service offerings to my customers and internally these are all treated as seperate customer ID's which internally could cause some issues. Fortunately sales management does a good job working with operations to make it as seamless for the customer.

Recall Corporation Photos