Receivables Control Corporation

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
Luke Vidor

1. I've been here 3+ years and not leaving anytime soon!

Current Employee - Associate Account Advisor
    Current Employee - Associate Account Advisor

I have been working at Receivables Control Corporation

Pros

Flexible hours. Perfect for college students, or part-time workers. Friendly and dedicated staff. Easy going office environment. Benefits and profit sharing available for all one year employees. Good starting pay. Advancement options.

Cons

Desks, chairs, and cubicles are in very "used" condition. However, the entire office is getting updated within 60-90 days.

2. Overworked and underpaid.

Current Employee - Collector in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Collector in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Receivables Control Corporation

Pros

Always busy days seem to go by fast. Consistent pay.

Cons

Intense work schedule 50 hours + a week. High expectations and low ceiling for growth. Detention-like culture.

Advice to Management

Too much micromanaging. Over work employees.

No culture, low pay, HIGH expectations.

Former Employee - Collection Agent in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Receivables Control Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part it is laid back and you basically do your own thing all day. A lot of independence. Nice office.

Cons

The people I worked with mainly only talked about work or bad-mouthed debtors, which I didn't think was appropriate, but I also wasn't screaming or berating my contacts. Some of the agents are very unprofessional, and when they start their screaming and berating, it is hard to talk to your contacts and feel professional. If you need to go to the doctor/dentist or any other appointment, you are expected to use your lunch hour, or make it early enough so you can go in before the one day a week you work from 9-7. Pay averages out to $12 hourly, but they throw *Salaried* out in front of you like it is something glamorous. It's not. Dress is business professional. In my opinion, a suit and tie doesn't make you any more or less effective at your job versus casual clothing. There is a high turn over here for collection agents and unless you need an income of $12 an hour, just keep looking. They don't provide you with much in the way of office supplies, you have to ask, and usually someone forgets. They don't give you a mouse pad or a wrist rest, and the chair is just.. terrible. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you sit in the same chair for the majority of 9 hours, you get very stiff. I have worked in a few different offices. Small businesses, big corporations, everything. Never have I seen a culture that is so unfriendly and cold or management that is so arrogant.

Advice to Management

Don't encourage beratement when speaking to debtors. Treat these debtors with respect. Allow casual attire. Let people know what they can expect to earn. Don't try to make people feel like income potential is greater than it is. 40 Hour work weeks. NEW CHAIRS.

5. A lot of talk up front but lots that they dont tell you

Current Employee - Account Representative Level A in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Account Representative Level A in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Receivables Control Corporation

Pros

Good People. Nice office. Nothing else, i needed to have 5 words to submit this.

Cons

They dont tell you that you will need to work one saturday a month. They dont tell you that one day a week you will work from 9-7 rather than the normal 7-5. You have to work 10 hours a day 5 days a week. Horrible pay. before taxes you make $11.99 an hour.

Advice to Management

Drop the business dress code, you sit behind a desk all day on the phone. We never see anyone. Change the pay. Be up front with working requirements; hours worked, saturday requirement.

6. Challenging work with an opportunity for reward.

Current Employee - Collector
    Current Employee - Collector

I have been working at Receivables Control Corporation

Pros

You have the ability to manage a portfolio of accounts and you are responsible for the results from that portfolio. It's like have a "company" within the company. It is rewarding to see the results of your efforts.

Cons

You have to be motivated to invest time in your work and time building your knowledge and skills. If you aren't the type of person that wants to work hard. Then this isn't for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed