Recology

Add Photos

Mike Sangiacomo

You had one job......

San Francisco, CA

ProsThe CEO Mike Sangiacomo will always know your name. If you want a career in a field that will never go away give them a try. The culture is very laid back and easy to incorporate into. The hourly workforce tend to be easy to work with as long as they are treated fairly. The union/company relationship is not difficult.

ConsYou will never be off of work on a holiday ever again. Be aware of the good ol' boys club, it is alive and well here. They advertise that they promote from within but it is very few and far between. Communication between departments is typical to many other manufacturing environments, short and abrasive.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe top level of the company maintains lofty goals and open minds. The lower levels are stagnant and avoid change like the plague. Take a real close look at your base operations if you really want to expand.

Weak business model leads to lay offs and reduced services and management intimidates temps to get things done

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMet some really friendly people at the Golden Gate office. Learned a lot different skills during employment there.

ConsManagement intimidates temp/contract workers while kissing the ass of full timers. Business model intentionally reduces revenue in order to implement recycling in super progressive San Francisco, thus customer service department was let go.
    If you are a temp, be sure to find another job because you never know when you will be let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees nice regardless temp or full-timer. You need to work on your business model since you are losing money.

Wanna be a garbage man????

Driver/Helper (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI love my job. Can't ask for more!!! Get to see all different parts of the city, pays well with good benefits, I don't have to go to the gym b/c this job is a workout in itself...if you like to work hard and get paid for it than this is the job for you.

ConsThis job is not only physical but can be mentally draining too.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Truly cares about people and the environment

San Francisco, CA

ProsSmall company so lots of flexibility to be independent and project oriented. People are friendly and hard-working. Good ideas are welcomed. Team work is important to company's success. Good salaries; pays people fairly.

ConsThe union/non-union differences can cause tension. Better manager oversight is needed to ensure projects are done on time. Can be a very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more company leaders who have general business backgrounds and MBAs, not just garbage industry experience.

Route driver

Driver (Former Employee)
    Eureka, CA

ProsGood pay and benefits. Hours are nice, management is competent

ConsOther drivers do not pull their weight and management does not step up to deal with the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to punish those who take a week off in between vacations when they are short handed to go to Disneyland or other vacations.

One of the worst jobs I've ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell-appointed office. Functioning IT system.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. Very little communication from management. Micromanagement on routine work. Very uptight office atmosphere. People walking on egg-shells.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect. Allow employees opportunity to improve the way things are done. Cut down on bureaucracy. Communicate company goals clearly to employees.

Worked for Recology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Recology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Recology CEO Mike Sangiacomo. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Recology employees.