Recondo Technology Reviews

2.5
Jay Deady

1. Developer

I worked at Recondo Technology

Pros

The people are the best.

Cons

Loss of key team members.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team and include them on decisions

2. Forward Thinking

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New executive leadership is very focused and making concentrated efforts to move their particular teams in a positive direction. You can feel excitement and enthusiasm for the potential, albeit you can also sense a bit of hesitation - like the boy who cried wolf. Change can be scary.

Cons

Something petty: For an upwardly mobile tech company the leased facilities choice is lacking. Space - or lack thereof; HVAC - unpredictable; lighting - odd is some spaces. However, it's in a good location - Middle DTC.

Advice to Management

Keep the line of communication open. Not that you have to be totally transparent, but it's nice to know what's coming or what you have in mind for the future of Recondo. So far, so good.

3. Change in the air

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recent changes to our C-suite have brought new energy to the company. We are very results focused and have a TQM practice growing in all areas. Even the CEO shares his "MITs" (most important tasks) at Town Hall. There is still work to do... releases can be a struggle and outages still happen BUT we have the talent in place to address things quickly and get to root cause rather than blame. The environment is more and more fun everyday. Staff can be themselves, wear jeans, work remotely, etc.

Cons

Sometimes a sense of urgency driven by client requests / issues can overtake other business goals. Fire drills are fewer every day but they do still happen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparent communication - be more visible.

5. Take the challenge

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Recondo has become a great place to experience the dynamics of a changing, refreshed company. There is a new energy being brought in by a new executive staff and a positive drive towards maturity. -Sense of 'employees-as-a-community' via fun activities and a more balanced workplace than with the prior management layer. -Newly re-defined technology and product path that is showing momentum. -Finally!, a new website and more social networking activity to show what Reco is doing. -Hard working, dedicated group of people. My team has found flexibility and a good work/life balance.

Cons

-Some groups within the company still retain aspects of the previous management style.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Many of us are feeling the change and it is exciting!

Look elsewhere

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time

Pros

You get used to running around putting out fires due to poor infrastructure decisions and even worse code decisions.

Cons

Just about everything. The systems are ridiculous, there is no QA, everything is a priority 1 fire and everything is on fire all the time. A lot of the critical systems are single threaded and fall over regularly. They're bleeding customers faster than they can bring them on board. The management model is based on nepotism and if you're part of the crowd awesome! You don't have to know anything about your job, if you're not they will work you to the bone

Advice to Management

Your management model is completely broken, your code base broken. Focus on stability instead of throwing out 20 new features every release

Only one team has their stuff together, the rest of the company is falling apart at the seams.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time

Pros

Very good developer philosophy. Scrum, Agile, KanBan, we've got it all. Developers are mentored somewhat, while you're not stuck with someone always looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Company refuses to use up to date anything. Everything is years old, horrible technology. Tack on feature creep and improper testing with bad management and this is a very bad situation.

Advice to Management

Stop adding new features to every single thing. The products aren't stable, why should you be adding new things that just break everything once more.

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. HR Business Partner

We value your feedback and appreciate the candor. It can be difficult to balance building innovative features while maintaining high availability. We recognize there are many opportunities for ... More

Not great for full time employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The intern program is great ... if you are an intern. They have a "School Comes First" mentality and have small offices located near colleges to accommodate students who want to work during the school year. You get to pick your hours and how much you work.

Cons

They hire a ton of interns and when they go back to school we are left short handed and overworked There is way to much work and not nearly enough employees. People are quitting due to stress and being overworked and we don't back hire to fill their positions so their work gets distributed to other, already overworked, employees. Recondo 7 years old and still has a startup company mentality. We are trying to break through that and all we have managed so far is a bunch of extra work for everyone that accomplishes almost nothing. Pay is decent but there are no bonuses or 401K matching. They tell us we all have stock but it means nothing because we still haven't managed to go public though we have been trying for years.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and don't overwork your staff! Without them you would be nothing

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. Recondo is a dynamic and fast-paced software company. We recognize this sometimes means working over 40 hours a week. Our intern program has been instrumental in the ... More

Still growing in the industry and having fun doing it.

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career development oriented, great work environment, great people, lots of learning, changing corporate outlook

Cons

Growing pains which is usual for a young company.

Downward Spiral

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning experience. Open source development model. Great coding experience. Hands on experience in several areas. For the most part the remaining legacy members really care about the company and really show interest in investing in the company and it new employees. Pay is ok but not keeping up with current Denver tech market.

Cons

Complete overhaul of the entire executive management team. The new team is very Jr and very disorganized. It's very obvious they are struggling to understand what to do. New management is very closed door, at times very disrespectful to employees, and dishonest to employees when they ask questions. Feels like this team was brought in to sell the company and are way in over their head. Personnel are leaving at a astonishing rate. There seems to be two classes. The brand new employees that haven't really figured out what's going on, and the legacy employees that are really barely hanging on to try to save the company that they founded. Once the few remaining legacy employees decided to leave this company will collapse.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your employees are saying. Quit being dishonest to your employees. Even HR is being dishonest as it's pretty obvious that a member of the HR team wrote the last positive review. No one that has been at Recondo for more than a year would say it moving in a positive direction.

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for your comments. We have indeed brought in a new executive team to drive our company to the next stage of growth. The most recent hires of a CHRO, Chief Client Officer and CTO have all ... More

Not the best place...things are changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Recondo Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, higher pay, Ping-Pong tournaments

Cons

Entire leadership team just changed from the SVPs to the CEO and new leaders are struggling with the business and clients. Push is to get sold, not on quality products.

Advice to Management

Listen to the folks that have stayed. They care about the company and clients.

RSS Feed </> Embed