Recruit Express

Updated September 10, 2014
2.7

CEO

Summer vacation job in Recruit Express

Former Employee - Human Resource Coordinator  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Human Resource Coordinator in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Recruit Express as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There will be a mentor assigned to you, who will guide you in your work. You will most probably be under a team, becuase in Recruit Express, they work in teams for the same division. When you first start, usually you will handle candidates (job-seekers) first, and when you get more experienced, you will start to handle corporate clients.

Challenging job which requires alot of focus, good managment of human relations, and competitive spirit as this is like a sales-based job.

Cons

Very small working desk. Have to share a computer with some of the full-time employees over there.
    Stressful as there will be weekly meeting where you have to report your acheivement for the week, etc.
    Sometimes have to handle difficult people.

Nil

Surprisingly fulfilling career at Recruit Express

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues, people makes the culture open and fun, high energy and fast paced which translates to high results. The company is run very close knittedly, not much bad politics which allows one to focus on achieving sales and providing good service to clients. You can manage well enough to achieve work life balance (hardly any overtime done).

Cons

Local based company, lack of diversity in a global MNC setting. Processes veer towards being more manual than leveraging on systems usage.

Work hard- play hard. There are the fun times and the most challenging times.

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young and energetic colleagues, relatively good incentive

Cons

Not easy to attain work-life balance as you will want to put in the extra hours to make up to your sales target

Work-life balance will be a real booster

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job agency

I worked at Recruit Express

Pros

The job was quite easy, but mostly dependent on lucky to find candidate. Easily high pay if you u are capable enough

Cons

Long working hours, luck is important, and dependant on the team you allocated

More welfare to interns

Great environment but poor management

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

- nice colleagues, friendly environment
    - fast peace
    - young

Cons

- poor staff benefit, low commission structure
    - salary will be deduced if not hitting sales target
    - super long probation, can be up to a year if fail in hitting sales target
    - low recognition from the management
    - very high turn-over rate

think in the employee shoes, improve all the benefits and salary package, as well as management style

Stressful and Fast paced environment.

Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Recruit Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic working environment, not much politics within the department.

Cons

Sales orientated, have to hit targets, may be subjected to immense amount of stress.

Can provide more help to part timers like us and try to understand our difficulties.

Wonderful team culture

I have been working at Recruit Express

Pros

strong and efficient team culture that makes work interesting and fulfilling. Professional consultants who never fail to deliver. Good place tp stay and progress in your career. It is not difficult to find staff who are more than 5 years in the job and still enjoying coming to work everyday.

Cons

high turnover in the newer hires who lack persistency and commitment. always thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere. not a place for people who simply cannot integrate work with life.

Very fast pace, and chinese environment

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is very outgoing and talkative, time passes very fast

Cons

very competitive environment where not much help is given

Flat communication/hierachy

Interesting experience. Friendly culture.

I worked at Recruit Express as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I particularly love the office culture. I am in a very friendly and efficient team. Colleagues from other teams are approachable. My mentors never fails to motivate me. She pointed out my weakness and allowed me to improve; on the job training is great. An eye-opener experience.

Cons

Sales-based therefore, might be rather stressful if you could not hit the target. I guess job fit is really very important here. I have seen people who can't seems to fit into the culture and stress just doubled up for them.

Did not stay that long to get insight onto this.

Terrible.. Where do I even start?

Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Decent pay & commission
    - Good location

Cons

- Forces you to lie about jobs. You'll be posting ads about banking/white-collar jobs, but eventually have to talk your way to make candidates take up flyer distribution/sales job.
    - Ridiculous quotas, even if met, will be forced to do more and more and more
    - Treat candidates like a commodity, don't care about their interest, just care about sales target
    - Head boss loves to overstep the professional relationship boundary with ladies. Will cheekily ask you out for lunch dates. If you do not suck up to him, forget about any promotions
    - 3 people share one computer and one e-mail address
    - Very hierarchical. You take a cut of your intern's pay, your Director takes a cut of your pay, then the owner takes a cut of your pay. Leaving the actual candidate with almost 40% of his pay gone
    - Expect you to stay in office till late. If you even dare to step out of the office before 6pm it's GG for you the next day, the bitching will begin
    - The environment is so political. It's straight out from the set of Mean Girls. Everyone is bitching and stealing candidates from one another and when confronted about it, will plaster on a fake smile denying any involvement
    - Weekly meetings with the director are like throwing two lions into a pit. Director will play one person off another
    - Nearly once a month will have team bonding events which further shows how hypocritical the environment is. No one actually likes one another.

I strongly advise against joining this company, especially the Ngee Ann City outlet. If you have any semblance of morality, you'll find this job hell. I joined HR because I wanted to help people get jobs they like and interact with candidates, but instead was told to lie about the job scope, pay and even company to get them down for an interview. Even if you argue that this is the real world, people should accept this highly unethical work environment. Sickening.

Employ the best business consultancy firm out there and ask them to help restructure your ENTIRE company. Alternative, wind up.

Worked for Recruit Express? Contribute to the Community!