Recruit Express

Be The First To
Add Photos

Job agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe job was quite easy, but mostly dependent on lucky to find candidate. Easily high pay if you u are capable enough

ConsLong working hours, luck is important, and dependant on the team you allocated

Advice to Senior ManagementMore welfare to interns

Great environment but poor management

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Pros- nice colleagues, friendly environment
    - fast peace
    - young

Cons- poor staff benefit, low commission structure
    - salary will be deduced if not hitting sales target
    - super long probation, can be up to a year if fail in hitting sales target
    - low recognition from the management
    - very high turn-over rate

Advice to Senior Managementthink in the employee shoes, improve all the benefits and salary package, as well as management style

Stressful and Fast paced environment.

Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsDynamic working environment, not much politics within the department.

ConsSales orientated, have to hit targets, may be subjected to immense amount of stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan provide more help to part timers like us and try to understand our difficulties.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting experience. Friendly culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI particularly love the office culture. I am in a very friendly and efficient team. Colleagues from other teams are approachable. My mentors never fails to motivate me. She pointed out my weakness and allowed me to improve; on the job training is great. An eye-opener experience.

ConsSales-based therefore, might be rather stressful if you could not hit the target. I guess job fit is really very important here. I have seen people who can't seems to fit into the culture and stress just doubled up for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDid not stay that long to get insight onto this.

Wonderful team culture

Prosstrong and efficient team culture that makes work interesting and fulfilling. Professional consultants who never fail to deliver. Good place tp stay and progress in your career. It is not difficult to find staff who are more than 5 years in the job and still enjoying coming to work everyday.

Conshigh turnover in the newer hires who lack persistency and commitment. always thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere. not a place for people who simply cannot integrate work with life.

Very fast pace, and chinese environment

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsEveryone is very outgoing and talkative, time passes very fast

Consvery competitive environment where not much help is given

Advice to Senior ManagementFlat communication/hierachy

Temporary Recruitment Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- vibrant environment
    lots of communication and working with teammates needed.

- very good experience
    you get to do almost what a full time person does. through working here, you really get to see the culture and working life like.

- Satisfaction
    if you like to work with targets under stress, this is the job for you.

Cons- you don't need a degree to excel in the job.
    - need to make the cut for online/personality test

Terrible.. Where do I even start?

Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- Decent pay & commission
    - Good location

Cons- Forces you to lie about jobs. You'll be posting ads about banking/white-collar jobs, but eventually have to talk your way to make candidates take up flyer distribution/sales job.
    - Ridiculous quotas, even if met, will be forced to do more and more and more
    - Treat candidates like a commodity, don't care about their interest, just care about sales target
    - Head boss loves to overstep the professional relationship boundary with ladies. Will cheekily ask you out for lunch dates. If you do not suck up to him, forget about any promotions
    - 3 people share one computer and one e-mail address
    - Very hierarchical. You take a cut of your intern's pay, your Director takes a cut of your pay, then the owner takes a cut of your pay. Leaving the actual candidate with almost 40% of his pay gone
    - Expect you to stay in office till late. If you even dare to step out of the office before 6pm it's GG for you the next day, the bitching will begin
    - The environment is so political. It's straight out from the set of Mean Girls. Everyone is bitching and stealing candidates from one another and when confronted about it, will plaster on a fake smile denying any involvement
    - Weekly meetings with the director are like throwing two lions into a pit. Director will play one person off another
    - Nearly once a month will have team bonding events which further shows how hypocritical the environment is. No one actually likes one another.

I strongly advise against joining this company, especially the Ngee Ann City outlet. If you have any semblance of morality, you'll find this job hell. I joined HR because I wanted to help people get jobs they like and interact with candidates, but instead was told to lie about the job scope, pay and even company to get them down for an interview. Even if you argue that this is the real world, people should accept this highly unethical work environment. Sickening.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy the best business consultancy firm out there and ask them to help restructure your ENTIRE company. Alternative, wind up.

Awful working experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearn to work under pressusre
    Gain experience in terms of making cold contacts
    Collborate with nasty colleagues

ConsColleagues are extremely nasty
    Superiors always put the blame on employees out of no reasons
    Basic salary is low and highly depends on your bonuses

Definitely not recommended

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood money and exposure to the industries.

ConsSevere lack of professionalism. No individual computers. Too sales oriented. Management does not believe in providing proper training and using proper systems. People are extremely critical and judgmental.

Worked for Recruit Express? Contribute to the Community!