RecruitMilitary Reviews

3.8

Peter Gudmundsson

Awesome Company-Great Employees-Rewarding Mission! I have looked forward to coming to work every day…for the past 9yrs!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, OH

I have been working at RecruitMilitary full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is one of those rare gems - The perfect place to work! A small company doing BIG things every day to make a difference in the lives of veterans and their families across the nation.
    This company practices what it preaches - most of the management team and full-time employees are veterans - which brings great leadership, drive, and integrity to all levels of the company. And it is true...RecruitMilitary has high standards for its employees - the company's culture is one that values high performance, initiative, and drive - it is greatly motivating and rewarding to work in such a positive and energetic environment with people that are passionate about what they do and want to do it well. With less than 50 employees, RecruitMilitary's position as the nation’s leading company in the niche means every employee works hard and efficiently to do their part, but that is well-balanced with a very family-friendly culture (offering full-time flexibility and part-time job options) and a generous benefit package. This small company feels like a big family - if you are lucky enough to work here - you'll know what I mean.

Cons

Hard to think of one ....but i would say with the rapid growth of the company and the expansion of each department forcing the utilization of a second building, that sometimes it is harder for everyone to have an instant handle on what is going on "in the other building". While just across the parking lot, and within 20 paces, communication between departments has become even more critical to keep everyone informed.

This company is run by a President/CEO with great integrity and approachability – he has a genuine passion for the mission and values all the work and ideas from employees toward accomplishing that mission. There is great energy and leadership in all departments – exciting times as the company launches forward.

Military= Training, RecruitMilitary= No training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, OH

I worked at RecruitMilitary full-time

Pros

Military centric, vet owned/operated. Open door communication policy. Great team.

Cons

No training at all! The military spends thousands of dollars making us 'war ready' and 'prepared' yet at a vet owned company there is no training for the sales staff?? It's a smile and dial environment. No designated territories, leads or contacts. Total free-for-all where the tenured sales keep all the big players/accounts leaving the newer sales to scratch at nothing hoping to find a sale or client to call into. Tenured sales staff stay, newer sales get fired after only a few short months.

Train, train train. Don't be afraid to invest time into training the team. There's more ROI and benefit in the long run than not.

Come and Go

I worked at RecruitMilitary full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great business model with a lot of solid employees on staff. Company knows its military demographic.

Cons

Probably the worst training for any sales job known to man. "Helping soldiers is great and selling soldiers is fine But if soldiers were able to sell themselves why would they need recruitmilitary"

Elevate the sales caliber. Being a veteran is a great way of understanding why the product is important. But sales is more than just understanding. If you can get the product across better to the sales team... Then everything is 5 star.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Company more concerned about profit than Veterans

I have been working at RecruitMilitary full-time

Pros

work to find only veterans jobs.

Cons

Do not care about employee's or the company's they service the bottom dollar is whats important. They are an overpriced headhunter that will say anything to get you to sign because the sales reps live under a get sales or be fired umbrella with no support or training.

Actually care about the employees and business

Awesome Mission!

I have been working at RecruitMilitary part-time

Pros

Great Mission, colleagues, and work environment. It is an honor to serve those who served. Definitely a "feel good" job! I love working with people who share my commitment to helping veterans. Management is open to and values input from all levels. I always feel that my contributions are respected and valued.

Cons

Honestly? The only bad thing about working here is that the building is always cold.

Continue creating an environment in which employees feel respected and valued. Continue looking for ways to bring additional value to the veterans and clients you serve. Exciting things are in development for 2013. I look forward to seeing all of them come to frution.

Fantastic Mission with a Job Ladder

I have been working at RecruitMilitary full-time for more than a year

Pros

RM has a mission that cannot be rivaled. As a veteran, this organization has provided me with a purpose that goes head-to-head with my service to my country. With a side-by-side comparison, no other organization in the military/recruitment niche is more deeply engaged in providing our nations transitioning men and women in uniform, veterans, and their spouses with life changing opportunities. As employees, we are all fellow veterans and/or veteran supporters. The staff and executive team all work closely to support each other in our efforts. Truly a well-oiled machine, that continues to get better. At RecruitMilitary, we are provided with the chance to contribute to the ever important ongoing mission, have an impact on that mission, have access to a job ladder, all while enhancing the lives of those who have served.

Nothing but good things to say.

Cons

None. If there is ever an issue, this organization is nimble enough to communicate, identify, and execute the proper solution.

As one would advise any military General Officer, continue to listen to your soldiers on the ground.

Not just a job, it's a big family

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at RecruitMilitary full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people, great mission, understanding leadership team.

Cons

Like any company, occasionally we get a bad apple. The great thing is that we're still small enough to spot bad apples pretty quickly.

Stay on course!! Keep doing all the great things that make us special.

A Great Company, and an Extremely Rewarding Employment Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, OH

I worked at RecruitMilitary full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

RecruitMilitary is a great company - it has a meaningful mission, a fantastic management team, a smart model, and a vast market for further growth. The management team is constantly improving its model and retooling its go-to-market strategy based on marketplace dynamics.

Like every great company, RecruitMilitary has high standards for its employees. The culture is one that rewards high performance, drive, and initiative. If you have high personal standards and are looking for an environment that offers fulfillment based on meeting goals, high achievement, and conquering obstacles, then this is the place to work. If you require hand holding, then this will not be the right culture for you.

Cons

The company has none. The niche has one - and that is an entitlement standard. While every veteran deserves gratitude for service and sacrifice, not every veteran is entitled to employment rewards beyond their contribution. The military has some of the highest performing individuals in the world, yet it also has some marginal performers, and those marginal performers should not be handed richly rewarding civilian employment opportunities purely based on their veteran status.

Stay the course! You are doing important work, and you are doing an outstanding job.

Very professional organization. Well organized. They do a good job of connecting Employers with military and veterans

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Loveland, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Loveland, OH

I have been working at RecruitMilitary

Pros

I expected most companies that Recruit Military contacts to attend it's job fairs and post job openings on it's website to be receptive and respectful and they are. Very niche company that gets good results.

Cons

I wish Recruit Military would provide more initial training but if you know what you are doing and can be an independent thinker you can do well.

Provide a little more training before you put people on the phone to contact employers. Overall though, this is a company that's got it going on!

Great company. Ethical management. Great mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at RecruitMilitary

Pros

The company truly exists to help veterans find jobs. We are private, not funded by any government handouts, and completely free to veterans.

Cons

Like any small business, there are always rough edges. We are growing rapidly, trying out business strategies, and people who can't think for themselves will struggle.

Keep focused on the mission, and continue to develop the team and processes for greater improvement. You are doing a great thing for America's veterans.

Worked for RecruitMilitary? Contribute to the Community!