Red 7 Media

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kerry Smith

fun place to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Norwalk, CT

Prosexciting atmosphere, great product, visionaries

Consprivate company and you know it

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair to all employees, do not play favorites

Media industry hard hit but pay was really sub par

Receptionist (Former Employee)
    Norwalk, CT

ProsCo workers were friendly, smart, knew their stuff

ConsBad industry to be in during economic downturn so there were work furloughs self funded holiday parties absolutely no perks

Review of Red7Media

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reasons to work at Red7Media is the fact that they have great writers, and they really understand their products/services. If you are new out of college and looking to gain experience in events and publishing, Red7 is a great place to start.

ConsThe downside is, they will work you until you basically have no more pride or energy left in your body. Plus, the pay is horrible. I don't know what senior management was getting paid, but we were getting nothing in production. Their really are only a few real complaints I have about the company. The money REALLY blows, the majority (not all) of the senior management treats you like crap, most of senior management could care less about their production staff. Personal problems, don't care. Want time off, don't care. Expect any respect for the effort you put in, don't care. But, something I learned being there, if you are a woman, you will do well. If you are an attractive woman, you will do extremely well. The guys in the company get treated like crap. It's pretty well known that if you're a guy working at Red7, don't expect a raise, don't expect a promotion, don't expect anything really. Even some of their senior staff get nothing. You could work your butt off, and they won't even blink to say "thank you", good job. Other than constantly complimenting the sales staff. The sales staff can do no wrong. Actually, if you really want to be treated with any respect in that company, go into sales. The president of the company could care less about the rest of the staff. He makes that pretty well known in his weekly updates. Other than if you are an attractive woman. He definitely seems like he's partial to promoting or supporting attractive women.

All in all, if you fit into one of the categories that they seem to respond too, attractive single women basically, or if you're on the sales team, you seem to do fine. Everyone else is pretty much garbage, politics in that company dictate everything. Oh, by the way, the healthcare really stinks their too. So if healthcare is a concern, don't bother applying.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I would say is to pay your people better. They work their butts off and you pay them nothing. Give the people who work their butts off the compensation and respect they deserve. Or one day you may find your staff walking out on you one by one. Which is exactly what I did with no regrets. My suggestion to senior management, ease up. People are working their tails off. Take care of your people!

Worked for Red 7 Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red 7 Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red 7 Media CEO Kerry Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Red 7 Media employees.