Red Bay Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Rebecca Blatz

Great Experience & Learned a ton!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Red Bay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with this company for a year and I've learned more there than I did in school. They taught me how to effectively communicate with all types of people. I was able to develop more confidence with my training skills and was able to take part of their human resources department. I learned how to really get to know someone and how their skill set would be an asset to the company. In my past experience, I had no say in who was able to work with us at the company.

Cons

The only con I have is that I'm not working there anymore. I had to move for my husbands job.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything you did for me!! I've been able to move up with the company I am at now because of what you taught me!

Account Specialist

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Account Specialist in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Red Bay full-time

Pros

I learned so much in my time at Red Bay. It was a great position to start after graduation, I learned a lot of sales and marketing techniques that I was able to transfer in my professional life. I was able to get my foot in the door with some event planning and charity events, which was totally new to me but everyone was very patient with helping during my training as well. The people here are awesome, very motivated and upbeat energy from everyone, especially in the mornings (I am not a morning person so it helped me wake up!). There is an opportunity for unlimited growth both personally and professionally. There is a high earning potential which I loved! I loved there was additional commission on top of the base salary because I could essentially make my own pay check.

Cons

I did have to use my own car, but my territory was close, never more than 30 minutes away. Becky also frequently had gas bonuses and challenges which helped.

Advice to Management

Keep being upfront with your employees. I loved the second round interview because I could see exactly what I would be doing during the day and there were no surprises. I feel like that continued during my time at Red Bay.

Jun 15, 2015 – President

We appreciate your feedback! We are excited to hear that you enjoy your time with our company. We pride ourselves on employee growth, great atmosphere, and well-rounded business experience! Our ... More

Great Opportunity! Great Management! Overall -- Awesome!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Red Bay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Red Bay provides full training, awesome coaching, a real opportunity to grow and advance quickly, a FUN work environment, optional travel, etc. I have never seen a group like this. They are extremely motivated and always willing to help in any way they can!

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard, put in longer hours, and prepared to be paid what you are worth, then this position is not for you. This opportunity is performance-based. Many might consider this a con. The rest who know what it takes to be successful would find a performance-based business has a pro.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Becky! You are genuinely a great person and a smart business woman! Who wouldn't want follow your lead?

5. review

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

training is good, office location good

Cons

No salary, 100% commission job. No benefits

Advice to Management

let new hires perform at entry level for four weeks, then expect more out of them, NOT second week of their employment.

Very miss leading

Former Employee - Account Executive in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Red Bay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive atmosphere co worker's are super nice. Made some friends that are fun

Cons

It is cold sales. 100% commission the "base" is a joke and there is no point in it. Example of base is you get 6 applications you get 400 dollars. On the second round interview is a job shadow and you got out with their best sales Representative and they elude you by thinking you can make easy sales and that if you work hard and can move up fast enough to Owen your Owen company. A day at red bay is go there at 8:30am have a meeting aka play game's and talk about bolt theory and other dumb sales theories to make you feel at ease and your only not getting sales because you aren't using the right theory. Then you leave and go to your territory which can be five minutes or up to an hour away. Then you walk door to door going into businesses giving them some bs pitch to get them to buy quill office supplies. You will get yelled at and told to leave. If you get someone to buy you only get 28% of the sale witch makes it hard to make money. Don't drink the Kool Aid

Advice to Management

Don't have people who are new and training have people come job shadow so unprofessional.

Jun 15, 2015 – President

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the company environment! The payment structure has changed so the statement made about the commission is no longer valid. There is no door to ... More

Business Marketing Administration within the environmental or related number of years of experiences in education

Former Employee - Casino Host in Robinsonville, MS
    Former Employee - Casino Host in Robinsonville, MS

I worked at Red Bay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and leaderships clients relationship

Cons

Adding a number of duties when company decided to cut back to save on property revenue

Advice to Management

very reliable group

A strong learning experience that builds great interpersonal skills and customer service relationships.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Red Bay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Encouraging environment Fun atmosphere High income potential Interpersonal relationship improvement Builds great relationships

Cons

Paying for own gas Outdoors walking on feet for most of workday

Advice to Management

Hard workers can get promoted and get there quickly. The harder you work the faster you can get there.

Mar 25, 2015 – President

Thank you for the feedback! Our goal is personal and professional development for any and all employees. We want to create a lasting impression whether it is for the experience one gained or future ... More

I absolutely Love this Company!

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Red Bay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Red Bay brings the excitement of a startup with the smarts of a well established company. They are committed to running an open and honest company that stands behind what they say. Lots of opportunity for advancement and the sky is the limit to what you can do within the company.

Cons

At this point I haven't found anything I don't like about the company. Everything is moving very quickly due to the market we are in but I consider that a benefit not a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Mar 25, 2015 – President

We appreciate the feedback. We have never had a lay-off since opening our doors in 2009, so you're correct that the sky is the limit! We are constantly expanding to new branches in the Chicago-land ... More

very misleading company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Very nice coworkers, fun environment, and a lot of motivation. Can't wait to file all the miles I drove for this company on my tax return.

Cons

Very misleading. My first impression was that I would be handling accounts (executive/account management) for clients in territories. Did not know I would be going door to door and selling products out of a magazine and finding my own accounts. Was told that if you were a hard worker, you would exceed in the company. However, I saw many employees in the company work there butt off and do well one week. Then have a terrible week. I was definitely given the impression that if you put in time at the company, you will excel. However, no matter how much mentoring I did do, it did not improve my skill as a salesman. If you do not do well, you are given the option to either go on a road trip or be terminated. Out of town trips consisted of going to locations that have not seen a salesman in 6 months. The out of town trips consist of you paying for gas and food. They do provide you a motel room, but if you are in a group of three, one of you is either sleeping next to a coworker or on the ground. The trips were to say the least, unprofessional. During my short time at this company, I saw more than 6 individuals quit/fired. The company revolves greatly on whether or not you can give people the impulse to buy right on the spot. I have read the other reviews and every time I read them, reviewers say that it is completely comission base. Which is somewhat true. If you meet a quote which is very difficult to meet, then you can make a very low "base pay" + commission. Basically, you will only get paid with commission, so if your not selling, be prepared to eat up your savings. Gas was a huge expense when it came to this job. Most workers would drive to territories at least an hour away. You could be putting 80-100 miles a day on your car just doing sales. Not even including getting to the office in the morning and going back to the office at the end of the day so you can cheer those who got sales and then have pep talks with team managers. Overall experience was terrible. Did not think that I would have had such a bad experience because I was less to believe that the company did ny have a high turnover. Only until I saw coworkers coming and going did I see how easy the company will hire you and the. Before you know it, spit you right back out. Unfortunately I was too gullible and fresh out of college with high hopes of success at this company.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about - door to door - spending you money on gas - high turn over - road trips (specially about how you will literally sleep in a bed with a coworker or on the floor) before you take any one out on a second round interview.

Stay away !!! Job is a joke!!! 100% commision outside business to business sales job.

I worked at Red Bay (Less than a year)

Pros

The manager is nice thats about it.

Cons

Don't look at all the 5 star reviews. They are all made by the company's HR department. The 1 star reviews are the reality of the company. If you like to work for free and drive around in your own car not getting reimbursed for gas, selling office supplies this is the job for you. This company will hire anyone that wants to work for free. They have 10 interviews per day. They hire new people daily and people quit daily. They will sell you a dream that one day you will own your office. They want everyone to work as long as possible and get you hyped up with the dream. They will tell you things that this person is promoted and that person is promoted so you will stay even longer. Don't get fooled and get a real job.

RSS Feed </> Embed