Red Bull

Red Bull Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Red Bull Founder and Managing Partner Didi Mateschitz

Didi Mateschitz

Pros:
  • "Great product to represent and Great benefits"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Good benefits, decent vacation, get to work on my own"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Zero work-life balance, very inconsistent mgmt at all levels"
    in 9 reviews
  • "No work life balance, especially in sales"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fast paced, high energy, exhausting and incredible at the same time

On Premise Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRed Bull allows you the opportunity to experience things you never thought you could - meet your heros, see history in the making, have your air hairs stand on end more times than you can count. It will challenge you to constantly think outside the box. Amazing benefits, great work culture.

ConsWork life balance is a serious challenge, and bonus's are pretty weak compared to some other companies

Going downhill

ProsIt was a fun job and I made some great friends, plus got free red bull

ConsNot as flexible as it once was. Management went from loving edgy, unique employees to wanting skinny promo models

SBM

SBM (Student Brand Manager) (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Prosgood work experience
    hands on training
    encourages employee empowerment

Conslow pay, not many full time positions

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

had a good time there

Sales Trainee (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, NY

ProsThe people where nice and very friendly the place stayed clean and the staff got alone with everyone there great

ConsGoing in was a bit blind and I really didn't know to expect from the new crews they have their own unique way of saying stuff

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed professional performance and reliability people's daily

Great Brand, Questionable Job

Student Brand Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-Red Bull has one of the strongest brand identities and marketing strategies, bar none. If you're in marketing, you want this company on your resume. You'll also learn a lot.

-Fun events, an emphasis on creativity and breaking the usual rules

-Free Red Bull = awesome!

Cons(Note that these cons are specific to being a student brand manager on a college campus)

-The rulebreaking spirit of Red Bull can also get its employees into trouble. They ask their reps to pull off questionable tasks that walk the line between legal and illegal. I almost got the cops called on me a few times for sneaking Red Bull branded stuff into places I shouldn't have.

- Support from HQ is limited. Small organizational structure, it's a 'do it yourself, don't screw up' attitude that not everyone enjoys.

- Limited room for advancement. Again, small hierarchy means you may get stuck in a grinding job without much of a pay bump to justify the hours. Student brand rep is a great flexible position, but past that, I'm not sure there are many.

One of the best work experiences of my career

General Counsel (Former Employee)
    Mooresville, NC

ProsFantastic and innovative company that is great to its employees (especially in salary and benefits) and has a great culture. Always something new and exciting when working with Red Bull. They take care of their employees and create a great work atmosphere.

ConsI was with one of the company's various sports teams, so not sure about working on the beverage side. Did not have any cons on the sports teams side, but I do hear some comments about working on the beverage side (transitions and lack of communication). However, I cannot personally speak to those issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Be ready to give your best

Human Resources (Former Employee)

ProsRed Bull hirest the best and with that has an expectation of professionalism from all concerned. This can make for a very stimulating and high performance environment where folks of a similar mind-set thrive.

ConsUnfortunately, I was part of a project that was discontinued after 5 years. Would be nice if Red Bull had more sharing between divisions to retain top talent. Each Business Unit (project) operates as a separate business entity and opportunities for transfer are not available.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse a more open Human Resources presence to move talented employees with good skills to other business units when the opportunity presents itself.

account managers

Route Driver (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

Prosgood team building everything in hiring process company paid

Constraining is less about learning how to do the job more about learning the red bull way "drinking the kool-aid"

Advice to Senior Managementlisten more to the people in the field and not ignore and discourage suggestions from front line employees

amazing experience, but lacking one direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGiven the right boss or networking, there is a lot of chances for personal growth

ConsUpper management is either completely disconnected to local markets or chooses to turn a blind eye for their favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be listen and ask questions to more than just one level below you, chances are people are doing some really unethical things but no one asks their subordinates.

I love my job.

District Manager (Current Employee)
    Livermore, CA

ProsTeam work, constant sales training.

ConsMarketing and Sales team need to be on same page.

Worked for Red Bull? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Bull reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Bull CEO Didi Mateschitz. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Red Bull employees.