Red Clay Consulting

www.redclay.com

Red Clay Consulting Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Mike Cocroft

I will never leave Red Clay!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI've worked at many companies in my career and have never worked for one who truly lives by their vision statement as much as Red Clay does. "Doing what's right and fair for our company, employees, and clients". The culture at Red Clay is all about teamwork and collaboration and everyone legitimately likes one another and treats each other like family! We have a LOT of fun together and this even comes across in our client engagements. They see how we respect each other and our close bonds, which I think helps ensure them that we will do what it takes to get the job done and done well! I also love that the management follows a "failure is not an option" motto and they do their best at hiring individuals who follow that motto in their own lives.

ConsNot really a con but for those considering employment at Red Clay, be prepared to work your ass off! There is a lot of time on the road and you have to truly love what we do and love the company to enjoy working here.

Anonymous Employee,
    Thank you so much for your rave review. Its employees like you, whose passion and enthusiasm for the company, make us live up to our mission statement and high goals we set for
    ... More

Red Clay Consulting is a great company to gain experience ONLY.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros- Great Work Environment
    - Friendly co-workers and management
    - Easy access to upper management
    - Interesting industry with a lot of client opportunities
    - Fun company culture
    - Great vacations
    - Great parties
    - Great experience for recent grads

Cons- THE PAY. Do NOT expect to be paid the industry standard for any position at this company. EVERYONE is low-balled.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you truly want to do what's right and fair for your people, stop low balling them or else you'll continue to lose them to other companies who may not be as fun, but show they value their employees with their paychecks.

Dear Former Employee,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Red Clay. We appreciate any and all feedback so we can better meet the needs and quell concerns of
    ... More

Simply awesome!!

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros- Small company, close knit
    - High visibility
    - Great recognition
    - Plenty of learning opportunities for people willing to put in the extra effort
    - No politics, no drama
    - Amazing company outings, holiday parties and group gatherings

Cons- High visibility also means slackers are easy to spot. If you're not up for hard work and pulling your own weight - this is NOT the place for you.
    - Entry level training program may seem daunting for the weak of heart. Steep learning curve, but guidance and mentoring is plenty along the way.

Jun 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts and words about Red Clay. As a close-knit group, we value the opinion of all our employees and try to cater to their needs. Definitely in agreement about the ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Red Clay Is THE BEST!

ProsRecognizes work effort by teams and individuals
    Consistently demonstrates a "do what is right" and quality focus
    Embodies teamwork and helping others succeed both internally and in the community
    Provides an environment for everyone (new hire or experienced) to grow their skills

ConsHonestly, I haven't found any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

We're AWESOME!

Managing Partner (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAs a leader of the organization I truly can't say enough fantastic things about Red Clay Consulting. I love working here, I love our team, i think that everyone's voice is heard and we have a truly collaborative environment. My door is always open - if there is something you don't like or aren't happy with, I want to know.

ConsAs we continue to grow, we definitely will struggle with maintaining our corporate culture of accountability, responsibility, awesomeness, openness, recognition, and being yourself while instituting policies and procedures to provide some needed structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs part of the leadership/management team, I would just advise us to continue to identify and recuit awesome self-starters who really want to make a difference and be heard.

Amazing place to work.

Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-Great work environment
    -Great Leadership Team
    -Responsibility is Great
    -So much to learn until I'm never bored
    -Accountability

ConsDon't have any at this time. I am happy!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep challenging your employees to grow and learn!!! It's creating strong leaders in the Utility Industry!!

Red Clay is great!

(Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros- Great culture - the company is hard working, but encourages individuality and focuses on enjoying the people you work with as well.
    - Recognizes people's individual strengths and focuses on work that play to those strengths.
    - Promotes and provides training and development.
    - Upper management is accessible and approachable.
    - Opportunity to earn bonuses each year.
    - Compensation and benefits.
    - Really great people.
    - Company lives by their values of doing the right by employees and clients.

ConsAs this small company is growing quickly, there have been some growing pains in trying to balance a small/flexible company culture with the need to put additional standard policies in place.

I saw some comments regarding lack of training, and dependency on projects for employment, but that has definitely not been my experience here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

More than just a company, Red Clay is a family!

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros- Management runs a very client AND employee oriented business practice. As an employee, your best interest is always in mind.
    - Easy access to upper management! They're literally right down the hall
    - The energy industry is solid! So long as people need energy to power their homes and businesses, energy companies will need software to manage data.
    - No office politics!
    - GREAT company vacations, outings, and parties!
    - Potential raises and bonuses every year!
    - Fun is actually a part of the company culture!

Cons*Note* These "Cons" are really double-edged swords that can help or hurt you depending on the type of person you are.

- Extreme visibility because the company is small. You must always carry your weight.
    - Cannot work from home very much
    - You HAVE to be a team player. Lone Wolf syndrome will not cut it here.
    - Office can get crowded at times (expansion or new office coming soon)

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE update the company registry or provide crystal clear instructions on when to enter extensions when someone is calling the company number. Thanks!

Other than that, keep up the great work!

Red Clay really cares about its employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFun atmosphere, rewarding culture, interesting industry, strong parternship with Oracle Corporation, competitive pay, good benefits

ConsMust be a resourceful person with good self-discipline in order to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Stay away if you are a new college graduate; work only suitable for experienced hires.

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros*Small company allows easy access to upper management
    *Good connection with Oracle
    *Central Atlanta location
    *Industry experts in Oracle Utilities' Meter Data Management (OU MDM)

Cons*No training program for new employees
    *Low pay for the hours made to work
    *High turnover rate
    *OU MDM is a saturated market; company needs to expand to other modules
    *Very volatile work environment (Employment depends on projects available)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't chew through new employees if you plan to get rid of them once a project is completed. Install an internship program and weed out folks "BEFORE" you extend them an offer.

Red Clay Consulting Director of Talent Development responded to this review

Aug 2, 2012

Our training program contains a self-guided module in combination with hands-on experience. It is fast-paced, requires a lot of self discipline and some extra hours during the first 6 months ... More

Worked for Red Clay Consulting? Contribute to the Community!