Red Clay Consulting Reviews

Mike Cocroft

Great People and Great Work

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Red Clay Consulting offers challenging assignments that brings out the best in consultants.
    - If one is serious about a career here, one can find highly inspirational colleagues whose experience is a treasure.
    - Training program for Associate Consultants is great which gives them an in-depth knowledge about the industry.
    - The company has a positive and collaborative culture, excellent perks, flexibility and benefits.
    - We strongly believe in teamwork which helps us solve any difficult project related challenges.
    - The company has a great leadership team and co-workers are very friendly.
    - You will be recognized if you are willing to take the responsibility.
    - Fun culture, great holiday parties and summer outings.

Cons

I have not found any cons.

Advice to Management

I have high regards for the Senior Management in this company. They are the market leaders in the industry, especially with their consistent high standards. Keep up the great work.

A Tough but Fair Employer

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Open and honest lines of communication - Management is always willing to listen and engage employees.
    2. Company Culture - An amazing culture, co-workers actually like each other and their managers.
    3. Fairness - An important one to get right, the company always tries to be fair and reasonable to the employees, to its clients and partners. Something I admire about the company.
    4. Career Growth - High performers can move up fast within the company
    5. Recognition - Good work is always recognized and rewarded
    6. Challenging Work - The work assignments are challenging, varied and enjoyable.
    7. A Collaborative Workspace - The workplace culture fosters exchange of ideas.

Cons

1. The learning curve can be steep for some
    2. The hours can be long during crunch times.
    3. Expect to pull your own weight. There is training, but in the end ownership and recognition also means slackers have no place to hide.
    4. All growing companies have growing pains associated with them. As the company grows in size, new policies are continuously added to deal with the structure a growing company needs..In Red Clay's defense, they are handling it really well, providing the structure that allows everyone to grow and keep the culture in tact.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Not what it used to be.

Current Employee - Current Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once was a great environment. Used to be hard work with great results. Once had an AMAZING culture. One of the management team left and it has all gone down hill.

Cons

-Management has no concept of what is going on anymore
    -Hemorrhaging money in attempt to buy loyalty
    -Focus is unclear
    -Overcharging clients for inferior product that we don't even have the staff or experience to properly implement anymore

Advice to Management

Grow up. Focus on the company and try working for once instead of collecting the fat checks.

Try creating a culture like we once had with openness and respect. There have been way too many close door meetings lately.

You are not trusted anymore and the company is failing. There is too much discussion of people leaving. It is not a secure or reliable environment anymore.

Mar 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s disappointing that your frustrations have reached this level without our knowledge. Our open-door policy is intended to help avoid this ... More

5. Amazing summer experience!

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Red Clay Consulting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

From the first day of my summer internship, I knew that I was going to have an incredible experience at Red Clay. All of the employees were extremely welcoming and treated me less like a summer intern and more like a part of the team. In addition, everyone was eager to share their knowledge and provide a helping hand whenever it was needed, both to me and to all of the new hires that started over the summer. The upper management was also very approachable and involved in the daily office activities. The office environment was unlike anywhere else I’ve worked- everyone approached the day with a great attitude and definitely knew how to have a good time while still helping to run a successful company. I could not have asked for a better internship experience with more qualified and friendly people!

Cons

As others have said, everyone in the office is very visible, so if you are planning on slacking off and getting away with it- look elsewhere.

6. A great summer with a great company!

I worked at Red Clay Consulting as an intern

Pros

Red Clay is an amazing place to work. I was a summer intern and Red Clay taught me so much. Everyone is hilarious and so friendly. Everyone here cares about each other. I learned about true work and play balance, because while everyone knows how to have a good time, they work incredibly hard too. Red Clay kicks butt and takes names. I hope when I graduate I can work for a place with the same environment, energy and attitude.

Cons

You have to be prepared to work hard. If you are not putting in your fair share of effort, it will be noticed.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring awesome people and keep up the amazing work you do to make Red Clay the best place to work !

I will never leave Red Clay!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at many companies in my career and have never worked for one who truly lives by their vision statement as much as Red Clay does. "Doing what's right and fair for our company, employees, and clients". The culture at Red Clay is all about teamwork and collaboration and everyone legitimately likes one another and treats each other like family! We have a LOT of fun together and this even comes across in our client engagements. They see how we respect each other and our close bonds, which I think helps ensure them that we will do what it takes to get the job done and done well! I also love that the management follows a "failure is not an option" motto and they do their best at hiring individuals who follow that motto in their own lives.

Cons

Not really a con but for those considering employment at Red Clay, be prepared to work your ass off! There is a lot of time on the road and you have to truly love what we do and love the company to enjoy working here.

Anonymous Employee,
    Thank you so much for your rave review. Its employees like you, whose passion and enthusiasm for the company, make us live up to our mission statement and high goals we set for
    ... More

Red Clay Consulting is a great company to gain experience ONLY.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Work Environment
    - Friendly co-workers and management
    - Easy access to upper management
    - Interesting industry with a lot of client opportunities
    - Fun company culture
    - Great vacations
    - Great parties
    - Great experience for recent grads

Cons

- THE PAY. Do NOT expect to be paid the industry standard for any position at this company. EVERYONE is low-balled.

Advice to Management

If you truly want to do what's right and fair for your people, stop low balling them or else you'll continue to lose them to other companies who may not be as fun, but show they value their employees with their paychecks.

Dear Former Employee,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Red Clay. We appreciate any and all feedback so we can better meet the needs and quell concerns of
    ... More

9. Simply awesome!!

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Small company, close knit
    - High visibility
    - Great recognition
    - Plenty of learning opportunities for people willing to put in the extra effort
    - No politics, no drama
    - Amazing company outings, holiday parties and group gatherings

Cons

- High visibility also means slackers are easy to spot. If you're not up for hard work and pulling your own weight - this is NOT the place for you.
    - Entry level training program may seem daunting for the weak of heart. Steep learning curve, but guidance and mentoring is plenty along the way.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jun 3, 2014HR

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts and words about Red Clay. As a close-knit group, we value the opinion of all our employees and try to cater to their needs. Definitely in agreement about the ... More

10. Red Clay Is THE BEST!

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recognizes work effort by teams and individuals
    Consistently demonstrates a "do what is right" and quality focus
    Embodies teamwork and helping others succeed both internally and in the community
    Provides an environment for everyone (new hire or experienced) to grow their skills

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

11. We're AWESOME!

Current Employee - Managing Partner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Managing Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Clay Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a leader of the organization I truly can't say enough fantastic things about Red Clay Consulting. I love working here, I love our team, i think that everyone's voice is heard and we have a truly collaborative environment. My door is always open - if there is something you don't like or aren't happy with, I want to know.

Cons

As we continue to grow, we definitely will struggle with maintaining our corporate culture of accountability, responsibility, awesomeness, openness, recognition, and being yourself while instituting policies and procedures to provide some needed structure.

Advice to Management

As part of the leadership/management team, I would just advise us to continue to identify and recuit awesome self-starters who really want to make a difference and be heard.

Red Clay Consulting Photos