Red Door Spas

www.reddoorspas.com

Red Door Spas Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

W. Todd Walter

Great People But Too Much "Politics"

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMore recently, the senior management has taken a turn for the best. The corporate team as well as the regional support is very helpful; they do a lot to further the leadership skills of their managers and truly care about their teams. I have no doubt that the direction of the company now is much stronger and will cultivate some much needed success.

ConsMany locations have closed over the last few years due to the change in industry and their innovative service technology is just not there. The "politics" involved are quite ridiculous.. Its a mixture of constant showmanship, passive aggressive conference calls and paper pushing.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget what happened in the past and move forward, corporate level executives should show a united front to help bridge the disjointed attitudes in the field.

The red door in fortlauderdale is degrading , unprofessional , and rude. Begins with management.

GSR (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsClean spa. Many services too offer. Great hair and nail techs.

ConsGsrs were very unhelpful. Management very unhelpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be cleared out and rehire

I am a hairstylist & love working here!

Hairstylist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company, takes care of employees and Guests and provides high end working environment for us all. I am happy to be a part of the growth in the hair dept

ConsHair is not known as our largest department so we have to work on letting Guests know we are there to take care of them!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Badly run company, weak management

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsAs a GSR, you get significant spa discounts for services.

ConsPoor company values- don't care about the employees, just want to make as much money as possible. Management is unprofessional and untrained. If you stick around long enough, they'll put you in a lower-level management position.. doesn't make for the best managers! The work/life balance is also horrible, you will be expected to work your entire life around the job (as in, "you should be grateful you have a Saturday off this month!") There's high turnover for a reason, folks!

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the hard work of your employees, compensate them accordingly, and you might retain people who would make good managers.

Company has forgotten how to be a "family"

ProsGreat group of people- technicians

ConsThey never raise your rate of commission,

Elizabeth Arden would be very sad to see a Glass Ceiling within the Red Door

Body Department Leader (Former Employee)

ProsOutstanding Legacy
    Discounted services and products

ConsExecutive and coporate staff do not care about the commissioned front line employees that build and maintain business and drive sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate executives should actually apply the feed back that they ask for during bi annual meet and greets. Please don't cut commissions on top department leaders then provide a lengthy detail of the investments put into the remodels of stores that may or may not turn a profit. Stop pitting the commissioned sales professionals against eachother. Does not create healthy competition, it actually creates hostile workplace. Screen and hire professional General Managers that can lead.

Management a Trainwreck

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros• Awesome discounts and access to superior quality technicians that I definitely couldn't afford to get services from otherwise.
    • Most of the people I worked with were super nice.
    • What the technician says, goes. I think it is so important that technicians are treated like they know what they're doing.
    • Easy to sell products. You don't even have to try. With the product quality, and the wealth of the clientele, I easily sold $2000 in product a month- even as just a lowly receptionist, and without falsely claiming credit for the sold product.

ConsOh lord. Where do I begin.
    NO training. Basically you show up on day one, watch a video called SMILE, and then the manager tells you to just go ahead and jump into the work at the front desk, and shuts the office door. I had never used the software before, so I spent a couple of days fumbling around like an idiot in front of guests before I sufficiently taught myself the basics.
    To make it more difficult, the technicians all have very specific ways they would like their services booked; including timing, guests tthey refuse to see, how much time they like to have between services to catch up... It's a lot to remember. Like I said, techs should be treated as though they are competent, but as an esthetician myself, I can say they take themselves too seriously. A lot of ego running around the spa.
    As I said, I am also an esthetician, and when I was hired in guest services, I was told I could also be trained in their esthetics department in case anything happened to where they would need an extra hand. Four months went by, nothing. So I found another opportunity as a facialist at another company, and when I gave my notice the manager said, " Oh that's too bad, we were just going to start talking to you about a full time esthetician position." Cheap shot. That was my last day.
    Mostly it was a boring job that had no real chance of going anywhere that i couldn't pay my bills on.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust. Get it together.

very fulfilling place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing and talented staff members.

ConsHelath benefits are very expensive and compensation is not much better.

Misleading

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mystic, CT

ProsGreat fellow teammates and technicians

ConsFails to say at hiring commission is after all there discounts, but then mandatory retail school Saturday nights if you don't make your weekly retail goals!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using 1950's scare tatics. You can only degrade an employee so much!

Overall good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat teammates, nice discount, exposure to multiple brands and training classes

ConsClientele is not steady, more of a vacationing or traveling crowd, especially during the summer and convention season

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to try employees suggestions

Worked for Red Door Spas? Contribute to the Community!