Red Hawk Casino Reviews

Bryan Delugo

1. Redhawk Service Work

Current Employee - Bartender in Shingle Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender in Shingle Springs, CA

I have been working at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of work, good company infrastructure

Cons

Smokeing indoors work environment, work concerns not considered by management

Advice to Management

Be more employee geared

2. A great place to work

I have been working at Red Hawk Casino full-time

Pros

Great benefits & pay, a lot of different areas of the business to learn and potentially transfer into. Overall a very strong employer in an area where its generally all mom and pop or big box stores.

Cons

its a 24x7x365 business, nights and graveyard shifts are rough....

Advice to Management

Continue to look at what you offer your front line employees.. they are the face of Red Hawk, take care of them and the guest will in turn be taken care of.

3. Always felt like I had to watch my back.

Former Employee - Former First Responder in Pollock Pines, CA
    Former Employee - Former First Responder in Pollock Pines, CA

I worked at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other coworkers
    Full time insurance
    Team Member Dining room

Cons

Smoke
    Upper management
    Lack of communication
    Understaffed
    Constant bickering between departmenfs

Advice to Management

Listen to your floor personal. They know what they are saying as they are on the floor. Hire more personal so your current staff minimizes burnout. Stop constantly nitpicking over small mistakes on amazing staff

5. Huge Egos and Uneducated, Arrogant Management

Former Employee - Slot Floor in Placerville, CA
    Former Employee - Slot Floor in Placerville, CA

I worked at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy Job, decent pay, fun coworkers

Cons

Have to rely on tips in lieu of better salaries, crappy schedules, VERY POOR upper management.

Advice to Management

Educate your higher ups, and care more about your employees. Pay more attention to the people you put in charge!! No one from management ever has to answer to anyone and they treat the business like its their house. If they want to sleep with you, you get a promotion. Immature, selfish, hypocritical, uneducated people who I wouldn't let run a chicken farm, have free reign with power and control.

6. Positive changes over the last two years...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Placerville, CA

I have been working at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management has really stepped up the last two years. They listen to our concerns and actually do something about them. They recently changed the benefit package this year and it is awesome! They match 100% of our 401 (k) contributions and you are immediately vested. We only pay $20 a month for full dental, vision and health coverage and there is no deductible for the health plan. My last employer had a $1,500 deductible! Part time employees even get vacation pay now. Like the free meal. Gained 10 pounds working here.

Cons

There was some turnover in management a couple of years ago, but it actually made the company better. They brought in department heads who actually care about what happens here. Starting pay for some positions seems a little low but we have been told that they are doing a survey to see what pay should be.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, keep changing. Look at the starting pay.

Worst Casino every went too. They have horrible customer service and care for no one at all.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Placerville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Placerville, CA

I worked at Red Hawk Casino part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros what so ever. More cons then pros. If your looking for discrimination or un-professional services. This casino is your top pick.

Cons

Horrible customer service, discriminate against certain races. They choose candidates based off whether you know the chairman or a tribal member.

8. Great Company

I have been working at Red Hawk Casino

Pros

Benefit package is amazing, pto is better
    Then most companies.

Cons

I love my job but as a supervisor I feel upper management is always listening to the wrong team members and not asking us about them or
    our side.

Advice to Management

Make sure your middle management team are aware of
    Any changes and allow for them to contribute their ideas and concerns without judgement.

9. Horrible company to work for

I worked at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Will give a person a job

Cons

In comparison to larger companies yes I said companies I worked for they have horrible benefits. The co pays would kill a persons income. Management is inconsistent and incompetent. Their motto is respect,,yea ok if you are tribal that's a whole different set if rules. No one and I mean no one right down to the management follows the rules that was laid out. When should a manager say you must speak about your personal issues to co workers? That answer should be NEVER! But yes folks it happens there!

Advice to Management

Get a clue and get some management training and then most importantly follow and live that training. Stop bribing your employees to make the casino A list number one! Since when does Red Hawk have a better entertainment venue than Thunder Valley? At least they have big named entertainment and concerts. What does Red Hawk have? Local entertainment wow like I'm going out of my way to go there NOT!

10. The people that really run the casino, the Tribe, are all in it for themselves and if they need your money you're gone.

Former Employee - Security in Placerville, CA
    Former Employee - Security in Placerville, CA

I worked at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is no good reason. The management does nothing more than kiss the Tribal members rears. The food is terrible, and the hours and pay are terrible. The only reason they get so many people to work for them is it's the only place in town.

Cons

Food in the EDR is terrible, the management pretends to be your friend, and they lie to you to your face about your assets but if you anger one off you're gone. Also, locally they advertise that they were voted the number 1 casino in the area. That's because they have a contest among the employees and the one who turns in the most votes gets an Ipad.

Advice to Management

Be Real. Start acting as if you care for real. Quit blowing smoke and calling it roses.

Ok, not great, but ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Placerville, CA

I have been working at Red Hawk Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many different positions to choose from, offers 1 free hot meal a day, plus cold food, ie: salads, fruit etc available all day

Cons

They make changing positions easy but at a price.

Advice to Management

Pay shift differential to night crews, and have fresh food avail for the off shifts at all times. Please do not reset the clock so to speak when employees transfer to another position. They have been with you for some time and obviously like working there, so don't take away their 3% raise that they should have received before changing jobs.