Red Light PR Reviews

1. 4 month internship program

Former Intern - Fashion PR Intern in Hollywood, CA
    Former Intern - Fashion PR Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

YOU LEARN A LOT!!
    The account executives are super sweet and extremely helpful! They could be intimating at first, but girls make you feel welcome and you definitely learn the ins-and-outs of the fashion world. Don't ever feel worried about asking for help because they are a very caring and talented group of individuals and they are there to teach. They love the interns and become very close to them especially the more you work with specific AEs. And lastly, you create the best friendships with the other interns there because you get to know them and are constantly having to work together :)

Cons

Some days you get slammed with tons of stylists with only 2 interns to help and other days you can barely find enough chairs, desk, or computers for everyone. But that obviously depends on everyone's availability. It can get overwhelming at times, but that is all art of the industry, but Andriana is always there for you! And so are all of the other AEs considering they all started as interns also.

2. Fun, fulfilling, and educational internship experience.

Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great group of girls that form the RedLight team. Perfect dynamic. Laid back office that offers nothing but their best work to their clients. You will learn new things everyday and there's never a dull moment. The CEO is very involved in all aspects of the company and pushes her whole team to greatness.

Cons

It truly is hard to come up with cons for this company. If anything is say the internship program goes by too quick! It's only 12 weeks with a minimum of 18 hours. It would be awesome if they had an extended program for senior interns.

3. Awesome Interning Experience!

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the LA show room and was able to get a well-rounded understanding of the fashion PR world during my summer internship at Red Light. I was able to help with checking the clothes in and out, the prepping and gifting of the clothes, social media of the brands, and attend a Teen Vogue back to School Event (plus a bunch more). The internship is definitely what you make of it and the staff and owner are very friendly. Awesome experience and Crystal is super quick at getting back to you and helping out with future internships.

Cons

This internship is not paid.

5. Intern

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Red Light PR part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quickly answered to my application, hands on with opportunity to work directly with account executives

Cons

Sometimes not a lot to do, unpaid, the CEO said we were going to do things that never ended up happening, a lot of cleaning of the showroom

6. Red Light PR Internship - 3 Months

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The AE's and heads of the firm are very lenient with scheduling along with school and class conflicts. There was never a real issue with having to call out last minute. Many interns are scheduled to work each day so there is always someone there to lend a hand with projects, pulls, and gifting. Assisting with the various events are a great experience as well as an overall fun time with the fellow interns and AE's of Redlight.

Cons

Not a lot of personal communication between the interns and AE's who remain up front. A lot of communication is done through email from the front of the room to the back, where the interns are. Although there is hands-on experience with clothes and dealing wish stylist pulls, there is no true education about PR aspects or what exactly the AE's do for their clients. The main responsibilities interns hold is helping pull clothes and jewelry, writing them up, gifting, doing returns and cleaning the showroom each night.

Continue having interns assist with tedious assignments and dealing with Mayvien, it is still an important skill to learn if you desire to work in the fashion PR industry. However, make sure to add more material and have interns truly shadow the AE's as the interns are there to learn PR principles of the business aside from helping with everyday showroom tasks.

7. Great experience!

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The people, opportunities, atmosphere, location

Cons

No pay, bored at times

Give a little more responsibility to interns since there are so many of them

8. Not a lot of PR knowledge gained

Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It was cool getting to know and work with stylists on a daily basis. The full time girls were pretty friendly for the most part. At the end of your internship, they let you pull clothes and accessories from the gifting closet which is basically your way of getting paid.

Cons

If they were to offer me a full time job after my internship, I would have had no idea what the full time girls do. There was very little learning about PR and what you do as a full time job there. They basically give you work that they don't want to do and don't teach you about the PR industry. They also hired way too many interns, so everyone would sit on Facebook most of the day because there wasn't enough for 9-10 interns to do. They also crammed all of the interns into this tiny, super hot room where girls had to sit on the floor and didn't have a computer to use. There is a very high turnover rate for employees. I interned there for 3 months over the summer and 2 people quit in that tim alone.

Don't hire so many interns at once. Treat your employees better so they stick around. Have better management and organization.

9. Interning at Red Light PR is what you make of it.

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern

Pros

-great networking opportunities
    -you learn how to interact with stylists, magazines
    -you learn about pitching
    -Matt and Jenna really take you under their wing and show you the ropes

Cons

-Horrible computer system so it takes twice the amount of time for projects and only 3 computers work
    -too many interns
    -spending too much of the internship "checking in clothing"

If the CEO says the internship program is her baby and the interns keep her going, then why was she only in the office once every two weeks?

10. Best Experience for First Internship

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern

Pros

I've done MANY internships within the fashion industry while in college and RLPR was one of my most favorite experience. There are always negative sides to being an intern, but I definitely got a feel for the PR industry through all of the hands on assignments I did. I worked in a busy showroom to realize the fast pace business that is PR, I saw and received recognition on placements I helped garner, I covered many events with the most fun group of Account Executives, and Jen Phillips (amongst the rest of the RLPR team) really teach you about the industry and get to know what you're good at and what you're not.

Cons

Interning while in school can be overwhelming sometimes, but I felt that the management was very understanding when it came to my schooling.

11. Great Learning Opportunity

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Red Light PR as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful, helpful, and friendly staff. Chance to learn a lot of different aspects of the PR world.

Cons

Not always enough resources for the number of interns.

Continue developing intern skills and engaging them in real tasks. I know this is rare for most internships but assisting on important everyday tasks was the best way to learn.