Red Lion Hotels

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Lion Hotels Interim President, Interim CEO, and Director Jon E. Eliassen

Jon E. Eliassen

Room to grow, it's like a family here

Server (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsStarting as a server in the restaurant, there is a lot of flexibility for hours and room to grow. Everyone is very friendly and wants you to succeed. Room to creativity and suggestions

ConsLots of changes in management. Too many bosses conflict each other

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Needs better management

Front Office Agent (Current Employee)
    Redding, CA

ProsIncentives, free lunch, discounted hotel rooms

ConsBad management, cuts hours when slow, lazy GM

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate management needs to take a closer look at how their hotel is run and work on improving morale between managers and employees.

Great resume builder

Spokane, WA

ProsGreat company culture. The discounted hotel rooms is great too!

ConsLimited room for growth with company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorp. office management needs to guide their hotel executives in a more encouraging manner, as opposed to constantly pointing out the negatives in everything.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Felt at home with the local staff.

Night Auditor (Former Employee)
    Farmington, NM

Prosthe staff generally cared for each other and did all we could to support each other in all departments.
    almost all of us genuinely cared about the concerns of the guests and worked as a group to resolve and promote a good experience for the guests, even when our shifts were suppose to be over. it was always worth the satisfaction of approval.

ConsIt is run from the outside of the property by the owning company and not only are the staff unappreciated, but support is minimal unless it benefits the property itself.
    There is no incentives or opportunities for growth which leads to stale work ethics.
    Overall bad management. They will lose this hotel and tarnish their already wilting reputation in New Mexico.
    The District manager storms around the hotel on his own personal bad days regardless of who is present.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the people who work for you, because you'll never know when you've lost actual assets to the company, or avoided a lawsuit.

Troubling turnover at the Riverside Hotel in Garden City...

Server (Current Employee)
    Garden City, ID

ProsThe experienced crew was a delight to work with. The rules are easy to understand and are nicely outlined, and the

ConsIncentives to perform well were undercut by the way the restaurants were handled. None of the restaurants were tip generators, and no one had wanted to work the breakfast shifts in the morning because any tips that were made were generally consumed by the gap between our tipped minimum and federal minimum wage.

Because of this, we have constantly had a shortage of servers due to walk-outs as our tips would rarely bring us over federal minimum wage. Bad culture.

Additionally I had only wanted to work with the hotel on a part-time basis, however when there is a constant shortage of labor, that wasn't an option.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the management bucks up and pays their servers $7.25/hr (present minimum wage), they wouldn't constantly be losing their servers. They would be able to keep on servers for a longer term, which means more experienced servers and better customer service.

Steady work, not much room for growth.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are really nice people working around you. Clean working environment, and a "go team" attitude. Company is fiscally conservative, which helps maintain business when economy is bad.

ConsCompany says they like to promote from within, but that is pretty much for lower level positions. Most upper management positions are filled from the outside.
    Company is fiscally conservative in that wages are on the lower end, and wage increases are few and far between.

Looking to the future

ProsPay, benefits, culture, co workers

ConsWork/Life balance working with little resources

great

Food and Beverage (Former Employee)
    Olympia, WA

ProsDennis Williams is a great manager and took care of every item

Consnone they work hard and try to have fun

Advice to Senior Managementpromote Dennis Williams

long journey and learned many thing, but ended very abruptly, that showed lack of loyalty

Executive Chef (Former Employee)

ProsWorked there many year 10+ almost became like a 2nd family

ConsThe F&B that used to be what the company was known for has been left far behind

Advice to Senior Managementbe more loyal to the more tenured employees

not the place to be if you want to grow and learn

Prosthe people on a personal level are great to work with, but it seems like the place to be if you are complacent with where you are in your career, if you don't mind doing the same thing over and over again this is the place to be.

Conslow turnover at corporate office, means not a lot of areas for you to grow into.
    benefits cut, no 401K match, no pay increases.

Advice to Senior Managementconstant turnover in the upper management areas cause undue stress for employees. the company and board need to find a permanent solution to a leader that is committed to the company and its future.

Worked for Red Lion Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lion Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Lion Hotels CEO Jon E. Eliassen. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Red Lion Hotels employees.