Red Lobster

Red Lobster Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Red Lobster President Kim Lopdrup

Kim Lopdrup

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, it's usually easy to pick up extra shifts or to give shifts away(in 35 reviews)

• friends for life, Benefits ,401K, opportunities for advancement(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want money you have to work long hours(in 24 reviews)

• 4 table stations to ensure guests get what they want then 1 year later changing back to 3 table stations(in 13 reviews)

Great leadership, quality team, very flexible.

Server (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWork schedule is very flexible

Management is very fair and very direct in feedback and criticism

Team environment is very friendly.

ConsExperience varies by location

Management has a tendency to always side with the clientele

Company relies on tips to finance front-of-house staff

Advice to Senior ManagementRed Lobster was a fantastic experience while I worked to put myself through college. The management was very helpful, and frequently listened to my requests for time off to study or work on last-minute project details. As a server, the pay was quite nice for the amount of time put in, and the fellow staff members were happy and supportive. Red Lobster does a great job at balancing work and life.

loved everything about it

Server (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe discounts on the food are great

ConsIt gets crazy busy during lobster sales

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

This was my first real job and it taught me hard work.

Expo (Former Employee) Bloomington, IN

ProsLeadership skills gained, Trained others on how to properly plate a meal, helped with the serving of plates.

ConsLate hours, I smelled like fish all the time, thats all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful people
    Great policies
    Clean restaurant
    Great food

ConsThe only con I have to mention is that whomever is assembling the meals from the line generally ends up having a lot of things thrown at them all at once. If the kitchen were set up in a straight line leading to the assembler, it would be much easier for other line members to contribute to their portion of the assembly of the meal.

Red lobster review

Hostess (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsEveryone friendly, and fast yet hard-working, sincere

ConsKnowing how to be fast on your feet and keeping up with the fast paced enviorment may be harder than u think

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very professional and kind, and make you feel comfortable. They are also very thurrow, and I would just suggest they keep doing what they're doing! I have much respect for them without even knowing them that we'll, but I can already tell they use their higher up authority, and power for the better of the company.

Dish washer

Dishwasher (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThey treated me good. boss good to me let me take time off. Fed me we'll I ate many biscuits. Let me take brakes when I need to. Pay good was able to send money home.

ConsWater is hot in the disher washer! Management need to speak my language. Sometime they make me wash my hands when I did not want too

Server

Server (Current Employee) Tifton, GA

ProsGreat staff, great atmosphere, a great company to work for, and you can advance to management quickly.

ConsThere are certain times if the year when we are slow, which means less money for the servers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management staff is great! I don't have any complaints!

A very professional restaurant environment

Hostess (Current Employee) Rogers, AR

ProsThe management staff at the Rogers, AR location are great! The pay is good for a restaurant. The atmosphere is calm, with busy periods on the weekend nights and Sundays mornings. Fast paced. Co-workers are very good about following rules and procedures. Very clean place! They will work with your schedule 100%. Good discounts.

ConsLike at any other restaurant, sometimes co-workers will have contagious negative attitudes. They end up getting fired or leaving after a while. Darden as a company tends to be too controversial with some topics. But Red Lobster is no longer part of Darden, so hopefully Golden Gate Capital is a bit more careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard work a bit more. Don't settle for laziness, the key to success in any business is to encourage and reward hard work and have the model employees serve as role models for those needing improvement.

I love my job i love what i do

Culinary Manager (Current Employee) Bridgewater, NJ

ProsAlways oppertunites to move and grow very guest orriented well payed great benifits great pay

Consbonus structure sometimes quality of life

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved

Red Lob...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere, great money, great schedule.

ConsServing the general public isn't the most glorious of jobs.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!