Red Lobster Reviews

677 reviews filtered by
3.4
Red Lobster CEO Kim Lopdrup
Kim Lopdrup

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, it's usually easy to pick up extra shifts or to give shifts away (in 33 reviews)

• Flexible Hours, Pay Somewhat Relative to Work Ethic, Opportunity for Growth (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes you will have to work long hours, even if you'd rather not (in 28 reviews)

• Endless Shrimp could be a little more organized (in 12 reviews)

1. management

I have been working at Red Lobster

Pros

great employees and great benefits also

Cons

management are a joke. promotes people that don't deserve it. its all about politics here.

Advice to Management

respect and care for your employees more than yourself. remove that mentality of "well if your not going to do it, somebody else will"

2. I don't recommend anyone working here.

I worked at Red Lobster

Pros

The only positive thing about this job was that I worked with some very nice friendly servers.

Cons

The management is HORRIBLE. They fed me the same crap they did everyone else about how they care about their employees and blah blah blah. And then a few months later I found out I was training people in, that were already making more than me! I asked why I wasn't even making minimum wage and they just ignored me. When I had a problem at work and wanted to talk to a manager about it, they told me to "get over it", so I went to the general manager who also told me "life isn't fair". I worked my butt off at work just to be treated like garbage. The favoritism has to stop at this restaurant.

Advice to Management

Choose your management a little more wisely. I know at the red lobster I worked at, that there were numerous complaints about the management and nothing was ever done. I'm disgusted by how much the managers get away with. My manager called me a bad word and when the owner came in to see how his restaurant was doing, I told him about it and he called me a liar and brushed the whole situation under the rug. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy to have to work at such a immature, unreasonable restaurant.

3. Server

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at Red Lobster full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High check averages.
    Descent Income.
    Minimal side work.

Cons

The first comment was obviously written my a member of the management staff, besides the occasional good tip, this restaurant is one of the worst that I have ever worked for.
    Absolutely no respect or professionalism from managers.
    Too much work placed on the server ie. making salads, soups, deserts, plating appetizers, etc.
    Management gossips among other staff in regards to their employees.
    No wonder Darden sold this company.
    Bartenders collect cash-outs from employees.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. This store would run exponentially smoother if there was better leadership.
    Hire a pantry worker. This would allow the servers to spend more time with their tables.
    Bartenders should never accept cash-outs from employees. This gives an hourly employee too much risk and responsibility. The whole "This store is too buy for managers to collect cash-outs" will only suffice until there is a serious issue with a deposit.

5. Restaurant manager Red Lobster

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Fairview Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Fairview Heights, IL

I have been working at Red Lobster

Pros

Free food for managers and fresh fish option.

Cons

Poor management. Huge employee and management turnover. No future with this job. Ok for high school graduates. No work-life balance.

6. started great but...

Former Employee - Certified Grill Master in Hixson, TN
    Former Employee - Certified Grill Master in Hixson, TN

I worked at Red Lobster full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

people that work there are fantastic, theyre like family. food is amazing. great employee discount. week paid vacation for full time employees after a year. kitchen has a low turnover rate, usually...

Cons

you cant get to full time status. as soon as you hit 30-32 hours they start cutting people off the schedule and cutting hours down. managers talk down to everyone and yell at people in front of the customers. managers pick and choose their favorite employees and the GM gives them the most hours. not the best, or hardest workers. that persons friends. managers hang out with employees outside of work when they arent suppose to. and i know, for a fact, that the GM of a certain Red Lobster is allowing her employees to drink alcohol and do illegal drugs while on the clock, getting paid.

Advice to Management

you cant pick favorites. and the fact that you allow people to drink alcohol and do illegal drugs while on the clock is morally wrong and illegal.

7. One of the WORST places to work

Former Employee - Utility in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Utility in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Red Lobster

Pros

I need a twenty word limit and I honestly cannot think of more than one word : NONE

Cons

No breaks or meal breaks allowed during your shift whether it is a 6 hour or as much as 11 hours, you are NOT allowed even so much as a 10 minute break and there is NO meal breaks!!! By federal law, they dont have to. In my state, they dont have to either but honestly, thats just slave labor..wait no its not, even slaves get a meal break.

Advice to Management

None, They have already been sued and lost in California for this very same issue. They dont care.

8. this company is under a lawsuit for making servers work off the clock to finish up their end of day duties

Former Employee - Server in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Irving, TX

I worked at Red Lobster part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This was a fast pace job that was great while I was a college student

Cons

there is very minimal chance for advancement in this job

Advice to Management

consider higher company values

9. stresssful job

I worked at Red Lobster

Pros

fast pace money
    easy to get hired

Cons

terrible customers
    inexperience managers
    unstable job for employees and manager

Very low rate chain

I have been working at Red Lobster

Pros

Good food at times. Expensive entrées.

Cons

Poor management not connected to employees needs.

Advice to Management

Listen to crew members concerns.

11. Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Server in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Red Lobster part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nobody cares about you or the guests, so you can do whatever you want. You will find yourself resorting to underhanded tactics just to survive; and no one will ever catch you, because management is incompetent.

Cons

Management is so oblivious, it almost feels like someone is playing a prank on you.

Everything about this place is backwards. You are doomed to fail because you simply cannot ever have the tools you need to do your job.

All of your co-workers are miserable, so no one will help you.

Most of your guests will be terrible human beings. I used to have to just walk away from people because they would be so rude and so dense that they were impossible to communicate with. They are in the building for free cheddar biscuits and free salad with practically every meal.

The server is responsible for an impossible amount of things; and once again, NO ONE WILL HELP YOU.

If you have ever been a server, you have likely had "serving nightmares". This place is those nightmares come true. I am not exaggerating.

Advice to Management

Red Lobster has so many problems, I don't think it is reparable. Do yourself a favor and find another company to work for.