Red Lobster

Red Lobster Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Red Lobster President Kim Lopdrup

Kim Lopdrup

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, it's usually easy to pick up extra shifts or to give shifts away (in 35 reviews)

• friends for life, Benefits ,401K, opportunities for advancement (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want money you have to work long hours (in 24 reviews)

• 4 table stations to ensure guests get what they want then 1 year later changing back to 3 table stations (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Discrimination

Line Cook (Former Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsNone......The leadership is lacking and never around when you need them unless you are getting yelled at

ConsNo chain of command follow up, poor training

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new jobs

Good place to work

Certified Trainer/Server (Current Employee) Lake City, FL

ProsGood pay available, most of the employees work as a team to make sure the company runs smoothly. Great advancement opportunities.

ConsSometimes you are not heard as an employee. You have to be able to voice your opinion to a manager and have them listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to tweaks and small changes to make the restaurant better.

I love it, great people, great money.

Hostess, Takeout Cashier, SA (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat wages, good work environment, feels like a family.

ConsThe guests are very rude sometimes...for no reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew uniforms!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very professional restaurant environment

Hostess (Current Employee) Rogers, AR

ProsThe management staff at the Rogers, AR location are great! The pay is good for a restaurant. The atmosphere is calm, with busy periods on the weekend nights and Sundays mornings. Fast paced. Co-workers are very good about following rules and procedures. Very clean place! They will work with your schedule 100%. Good discounts.

ConsLike at any other restaurant, sometimes co-workers will have contagious negative attitudes. They end up getting fired or leaving after a while. Darden as a company tends to be too controversial with some topics. But Red Lobster is no longer part of Darden, so hopefully Golden Gate Capital is a bit more careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard work a bit more. Don't settle for laziness, the key to success in any business is to encourage and reward hard work and have the model employees serve as role models for those needing improvement.

awful FOH manager

Hostess (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR

Prospaid weekly was nice
    the GM and kitchen mananger were the best

Consthe FOH manager was always rude and so was the head host, they loved getting others in trouble
    I had a family emergency and the FOH would not let me come back and has told potentional employers not to hire me

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Red Lobster bartending

Bartender (Current Employee)

ProsThe money is good, better than Id be making sitting behind a desk. You meet some really great people. It sucks that those people are usually the first to quit too.

ConsRed Lobster has some of the rudest guests Ive ever seen. And a lot of people tip under the general amount for no reason. Appetizers come out to tables AFTER the entrees all the time. Guests are rightfully pissed off and it severely impacts your tip because the kitchen runs so poorly. They really dont care about their staff. If theres problems with a coworker they wont do anything to solve it but say they will. They will cut staff in order to save hours on their labor and then do nothing to help when everyone gets slammed all at once. They randomly decide to not do liquor orders some weeks and we completely run out of beer, rum, tequila etc. they hire bartenders with no experience and expect them to know the food menu and drink menu after two training shifts. They prefer workers that will just go along with whatever and not say anything rather than ones that abide by the rules and try to uphold them. You have to move fast to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. One week were told to do things way A and the next week were scolded for not doing them way B. It makes absolutely no sense. Hire more SAs (Sever Assistants AKA bussers/food runners) during weekend shifts to lessen wait times and help servers flip tables quicker. Everyone wins. Increase labor hours because a large amount of our complaints are due to us being under staffed due to cuts for labor.

The abusive relationship is over!

General Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood salary, nice benefits, that's it

ConsHuge disconnect between upper mgmt and operations. All about labor controls and not what is right for the customer or employee. They do not walk the talk, fake upper mgmt

Advice to Senior ManagementYour days are numbered anyway, you took a great brand and ruined it. Get in their and actually learn how to run the restaurants.

15 years with company

Grill Master (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

Prosgood benefits for the industry. Pay can be good but it takes many years of back breaking work to get there.

ConsThere is no room to advance. Where you get hired is where your stuck. Training does not happen, new menus start with no word from head office on what any of the new items are.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to treat there employees like assets, not unwanted children that are a burden. Quit paying fortune magazine to rate you as a top 100 best employer if your going to keep cutting hours and benefits.

Very busy, constant multi-tasking, not enough hours

Server (Current Employee) Tupelo, MS

ProsThe money is good on the weekends and at night, if you can get scheduled for these shifts, which is difficult.

ConsBeing new, they give you shifts that are not wanted by the people that have been there longer. In turn, it makes it very hard to make money being new.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to be clear in the beginning about what shifts will be available

For high school students, no mobility

Host (Former Employee) Cool Springs, TN

Prosgood for high school students

Consnot a real job, not good tips or management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better job. This one treats managers like slaves.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!