www.redmangousa.com

3.1

CEO

Current Employee - Shift Manager-General Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager-General Manager

I have been working at Red Mango part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted very quickly, came in as a shift manager, and was promoted to General manager. Busy during the spring, summer, and fall. Awesome Job for college students. Work environment is very fun.

Cons

as soon as winter comes, sales completely drop off, and you find yourself working alone a lot. Lack of corporate involvement. Plateau at general manager. Repetitive daily tasks. As a manager I work mostly night shifts, and that cuts into personal life.

Decent Job, Can be fun depending on management and employees

Current Employee - Supervisor in North Babylon, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in North Babylon, NY

I have been working at Red Mango part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment
    Laid back unless a corporate store
    Customers Are nice and fun to talk to

Cons

Low Pay
    Poor Management
    Scheduling is not the greatest
    To many changes at one time

Let employees know what they are getting themselves into.

Easiest place to work, yo-yo atmosphere.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Red Mango part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interacting with customers, autonomy, making yogurt

Cons

Manager, slow workers, excessive sample cup users.

I would advise that you become more diligent in vetting who you allow the franchise owners to make general managers. Personally my general manager is never around and so it's just teens running the store on their own. The manager may pop in like twice a week before the store opens and before the first scheduled employee comes, just to avoid them! He MIGHT look at the camera once in a while just to catch someone and fire them. In the past year we've gone through 50 people (That's not to say there have only been 50 fires/quit, because there have been time where a person was rehired, just to quit or be fired again). RECTIFY IT!

treated very unfairly

I worked at Red Mango part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible hours great for students, down time can be enjoyable with your fellow employees and to be able to snack on yogurt all day is cool .

Cons

i think i was an exception to many great experiences other people have had working here. i worked at red mango for about 3 months and realized that my boss never filled out my papers and was taking taxes out of my check tha weren't even legit. she was pocketing my money i never got a tax receipt or anything once i confronted her for first off not getting my first check for almost 4 weeks she got very angry and then when it came to her committing tax fraud she got even angrier. she had me manually take apart all the tables with a drill she brought and fix them all because she didn't want to call someone to fix it. i was paid 8.00 an hour and was working a lot harder than what i was getting paid. when i finally quit she refused to give me my last check claiming i didn't turn in my uniform but after an hour argument she came outside and gave it to me with my name spelled so bad on the check the bank wouldn't cash it. i had to go back and have her write out a new one. did i mention she paid me with personal checks? she was basically paying me off the books, claiming i was on the books and pocketing my "store taxes" almost the entire crew quit after that.

pay more attention to the people who run your franchises. this lady was a scam artist and all she cared about was polishing the sink. i have seen a yogurt machine get left on by a customer and instead of throwing all the piled up yogurt on the bottom of the machine where the cups go, she scooped it into a bucket and put it back into the machine in the back and if we did not comply with her we were penalized. till this day i was never given a straight answer even after corporate sent someone to work there because of her poor business running abilities. i lost out on a decent amount of money and worked very hard

meh

Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Red Mango part-time (less than an year)

Pros

free froyo, flexible shifts, nice people

Cons

NO SHORTS ALLOWED.... crazy hot in summer

It was easy and simple.

Current Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Red Mango part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Manager was very flexible with schedules, easy work, hardly ever busy, and there were nice customers.

Cons

One of the employees is very rude and you don't get a lot of hours.

Consider to treat your employees with equal respect and importance to the work place.

Easy, laid-back company

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Red Mango part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a hard place to work, but depends on the manager. In a small shop during off-season it's very easy and laid-back, plus you get froyo samples of the new flavors, or if you're sneaky then just whenever. Also the yogurt is actually really good and customers are generally happy.

Cons

When it's busy and not enough people working, can become stressful. Management can be disorganized with scheduling and working alone can get boring. Customers can be annoyed about the few flavors or if you serve it yourself, the amount of yogurt and toppings they are getting.

disorganized

I worked at Red Mango

Pros

employee discounts and cool coworkers

Cons

compensation, disorganized, and immature mangagement

Overworked, and underpaid.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Red Mango full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work for a corporate store, your chances of having a good experience are better. Higher salaries, more of a set schedule. Decent chance at upward mobility, but this basically ends at the store manager position.

Cons

While it depends on the particular franchise owner, get ready to experience at least 60 hours a week, most of which will not be appreciated. If somebody calls out or quits, it is your responsibility as the store manager to come in on your day off and cover the shift. Because you are salaried, you do not see pay for coming in when it's your day off. Management is definitely immature and plays favorites. They will give you reasons to quit rather than fire you just so they don't have to pay for your unemployment. There is 0 work/life balance. Expect 34839085 calls, texts, and e-mails on your day off. There is never a moment where you can just be left alone to your personal life. This job will consume every aspect of every part of your day.

Easy as hell

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Red Mango part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free yogurts off the books , and easy going, friendly co workers

Cons

Gets lonely after awhile you work by yourself most of time

Don't get caught ;)