Red Oak Technologies

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
4.0

CEO

Overall a good experience, depends more on your client

I have been working at Red Oak Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The hiring staff is very friendly and they will get you onboard with stuff pretty quickly
    Since Its a contracting position, they are not really warm welcoming but thats not an issue. Decent time-off and project so far

Cons

Not great medical insurance benefits. no other perks or bonuses.

Great contracting firm to work for. The resource manager did a great job during my contract periord

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Red Oak Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good at getting new contractors up to speed in a new environment. The provided the equipment on the start date. Responsive to inquiries when I asked either by messaging or email.

Cons

No real cons in working for Red Oak. They tried to get me interviews for other contract positions before my contract ended. Overall a great company to contract through! I would do it again if I was looking for contract work.

Improvements in getting the word out within and external to the company I was working at. I think my hourly rate could have been a bit better.
    Overall a great place to contract through. My resource manager was very good.

Geared towards software engineers, and uber techies--that's about it

I worked at Red Oak Technologies

Pros

HR people were nice overall, still keep in contact with HR rep and recruiter.

Cons

This company seems especially geared towards software engineers and other SUPER "techie" individuals which makes sense in Silicon Valley. However, I felt like I was slightly misled into my opportunity (which they assured me was not "engineering based." Yet it absolutely was.). Unless you understand majority of tech/engineering lingo, don't even bother

Work on your recruiting strategies--myself and my other team member quit within 2 months of contract!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Red Oak Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome culture. From CEO, to Directors to on-the-floor employees there is a great team atmosphere. The guys at the top make sure that each employee feels valued and respected as an individual. It's an awesome feeling.

Cons

I hope we can keep expanding soon. It would be great to have to opportunity to travel.

Keep it up!

Worked for Red Oak Technologies? Contribute to the Community!