Red River Computer

4.2

Rick Bolduc

Best place happening

I have been working at Red River Computer full-time

Pros

Everything... I mean really, this place is great. From the execs to the sales team, to internal IT, everyone has been great. I have not seen a company that actually tells the employees what is going on more that Red River and they deliver along that message. Also they want you to succeed. They put in place sales numbers that can be attained so that you do make the money you deserve.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are lacking. We could use a better plan that didn't have some of the limitations on them. Otherwise, I have no cons fr Red River.

Keep doing what you are doing because it works. Thank you for being so great and inspiring us all to do good work. If you can change our healthplan so that we don't have limitations on medications that would be great, but otherwise you guys are the best!!

Fantastic Company, great prospectus, priceless culture.

Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in Claremont, NH
    Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in Claremont, NH

I have been working at Red River Computer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Speaking strictly for operations in the company (with which I am most familiar), Red River is an absolutely fantastic place to work. Compensation is good, personal development and training is supported, encouraged, and compensated, career advancement is highly available, company prospectus is fantastic, work environment is very nice (all 3 offices), and the culture is unbeatable. Everyone you meet in the company works hard, and those who don't simply don't last, often leaving on their own accord. Finding a company where everyone genuinely want to help each other is a very rare scenario; Red River has been that place for me. If you have a problem, more often than not the difficult part is choosing which person offering to help will be able to provide the most assistance.
    Red River is also unique in that everyone is professional during work, but is not afraid to have fun off-hours. I am refraining from using the "work hard, play hard" cliche because it provides an incorrect association with fake, "poster-cultures", where the company executives formally dictate what the company culture is rather than having it be naturally generated.
    The vast majority of people within the company are always looking to improve not only themselves, but also their positions and processes. The resistance associated with change is low, but the change is structured and intentional.
    Work hours can be long, especially during "busy season", but the support that everyone else is undergoing the same long hours and hard work makes it all that more bearable. Employee support, raffles, lunches & breakfasts, and other niceties are the icing on the cake that make working here that much more enjoyable.

Cons

Red River is a growing company, with all that it entails. Not all procedures are created or drawn, the work is difficult and often times not automated, and working here is NOT a free ride by any means.

Continue treating all employees like people, and with the respect that you have.

A place to start a career - if you are ready to work for it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, NH

I have been working at Red River Computer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture is great
    Hardworking atmosphere
    Great co-workers

Cons

Long days
    Lots of work

Great People, Great Environment, Great Pay + Potential

Former Employee - Account Manager in Claremont, NH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Claremont, NH

I worked at Red River Computer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Awesome people
    -Great office, open floor plan, great building, common lunch area, occasional free food
    -Good base pay and varied commissions
    -Lots of room for growth
    -Great access to upper management and owners

Cons

-Claremont (they're making good changes, but the town is a bit undesirable)
    -Lots of desk time when first starting out at the company

Keep up the good work.

Cheerful, friendly office. No room for career growth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, NH

I worked at Red River Computer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone loved going to work.
    Made sure their employees were rewarded for their hard work.
    Beautiful location and office.
    Kept very clean.
    Understood the importance of work-life balance.

Cons

No room for career growth at all.
    Management played favorites.
    Full of cliques.
    Salaries were very poor.

Need to look at other people in the company outside of the clique associated with management. Get rid of the favoritism and increase salaries before you lose more highly qualified employees.

Great place to work

I have been working at Red River Computer

Pros

Rewarded for your work; great co-workers; nice office

Cons

Commute time; that's the only thing

Good place to work, no chance of promotion

I worked at Red River Computer full-time

Pros

Great people, nice offices and decent salary. Lots of work to keep you busy. Unfortunately, that's the majority of your work - busy work.

Cons

Absolutely clueless upper management who will do anything to place blame with those below them in the hierarchy. Power struggle between New Hampshire and DC offices. They also tend to hire young and cheap and get rid of anyone older or not part of the "family."

Ditch sales leadership in DC and replace with people more respectful of their team members. Stop being complacent and drive sales, don't just sit back and pick the low-hanging fruit.