Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros:
  • "Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Excellent Money, most of the time great people, flexible hours"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "The company has lost ithe focus of team members are an important asset to growing the business"
    in 10 reviews
  • "long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fun place to work

Server (Former Employee)
Cerritos, CA

I worked at Red Robin part-time for more than a year

Prostips were good for how much work you have to do and the clientele.

Consmanagement can sometimes be difficult to work with. They are more likely to take the side of the guest than to back you up when there are issues, which can be frustrating.

Team oriented, fast paced environment

Bartender (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

I have been working at Red Robin part-time for more than a year

ProsBuilding team work, opportunity to move to higher or different positions

ConsManagers often don't take employees workplace thoughts into consideration, management heavily relies on server scorecards which isn't an accurate rating of the employee

Advice to Senior ManagementThe menu is greatly flawed because it is too many pages and some confusing aspects to guests

My experience was okay.

Hostess (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Robin part-time

ProsThe income was good, somewhat flexible hours

ConsThe managment was not the best, all had different rules.

Great food, great commitment to service, corporate culture not always upheld.

Server (Current Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Red Robin part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast paced, lots of tables (Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg IL), fun atmosphere, good food, decent value, flexible hours.

ConsLong hours. No real opportunity for advancement. Rarely positively affirmed

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the employees and your entire company would run smoother.

Great Company Culture, Company Moving in the Right Direction

Home Office Team Member (Current Employee)
Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Red Robin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Culture unlike any other company I have worked for
- Management Vision has turned the company around in last three years
- Great Co-Workers

Cons- Two types of technology; old and doesn't work or new and doesn't work
- Average Pay and Benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better technology choices, otherwise keep doing what you are doing.

Worst Company I have ever been employed by.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI'm really thinking hard about this question but can't find anything that was positive about Red Robin.

ConsThe entire company from the CEO to Human Resources department don't care about anyone but themselves. They are very deceptive. They lie and break labor laws like they are a joke. They have no concept of what a company policy means or how to enforce them. As long as the Board of Directors are getting there pockets lined with stacks of cash and stock options this company will operate as a fascist state.
If you work here, I warn you not to call the Red Robin Whistle Blower phone number. You will be investigated by the Nazi.HR Department and then they will discriminate and harass you until you quit or fire you for no reason.
Bottom line is they don't care. They tell you they do in orientation but it's a huge lie. They talk about core values and helping others through there bogus Caring Program in which you must donate from your weekly pay check. But it's a scam.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will all have to account to God one day. I know where I'm heading, I think your all heading a little further south than me!

Assistant manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Robin full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat training, good compensation, the other assistant managers really worked hard too, if you like to not sleep, this is the place for you

ConsHorrible work/life balance. After a lifetime in the restaurant biz, this place showed me how ruthless a company can be in pursuit of the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is only about the numbers, everything else doesn't matter

Hospitality

Hospitality (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

I worked at Red Robin part-time for more than a year

ProsBeing a restaurant chain their train process is designed to prepare you for every situation. Good opportunity working for a well known national company. Great part-time job for teenagers and those looking to save money while in school.

ConsTedious training process, but really get you ready for the job. Prepare for multiple tests and follow ups after every test with a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are there to control every section of the restaurant so you will always have someone there if help is needed.

Good money, bad management

Waitress (Current Employee)
Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Red Robin part-time for more than a year

Prosgreat money, great managers (a few), fast out times

ConsThe kinds of people the restaurant bring are TERRIBLE (taking everything thats "bottomless" as a food challenge, managers push you to sell drinks apps and deserts which is good and bad thing your schedule is written based on how much you can sell, some managers pick their favorites, assistant managers take their 12$ an hour name like they're so much better than you. Scheduling sucks, if you double you stay on far to long than needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach you management that they're employees are what sell the burgers and if they're not happy neither are the customers.

manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Robin full-time

ProsYou can move up fast into management, but who would want to??

ConsTheir salary is a 55 hour work week. You need to work 5 day a week and 11 hour days. No time for anything else. All you do is work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the hours down your taking advantage of your employee

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Robin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Robin CEO Stephen E. (Steve) Carley. All 284 reviews posted anonymously by Red Robin employees.