Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9(in 19 reviews)

• Work with great people who could lift your spirits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests(in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork(in 11 reviews)

Amazing workplace

Server (Current Employee) Muskegon, MI

ProsGreat Management, Flexible hours, time well spent(Not alot of time doing sidework). Alot of room for Cross training into other positions and being able to do what you want to further yourself.

ConsBad Guests from local "poor" district other than that nothing,

Anonymous (Current Employee) Chino Hills, CA

ProsRush hour made time go by fast, and tip money.

ConsThe shifts were sometimes 2 hrs long depending on how busy they got and they don't have a problem sending you home early. Absolutely no breaks and was rarely off on time. I would get home after working 4 hrs feeling like I worked an 8 hr shift. I also felt that management looked after the servers more than the rest of the crew. Not to mention they were also rude and complained all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone deserves their breaks specially during a long, busy shift and also don't just check on the servers, the hosts and bussers work just as hard.

Horrible, horrible management

Server (Former Employee) Woodbury, NJ

ProsMy coworkers were the only people making it even remotely bearable.

ConsThe guests in this area are awful people. Lots and lots of nasty customers. Management does not care for its employees in the slightest and often threaten them with termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementCleaning out management is a must. They do not even give employees a chance to succeed or grow. It is a very hostile environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Bartender/Server (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsManagement at my store was fantastic. Always seemed to care about us and great team work. The money at my store was really good as well. Extremely clean work environment

ConsThere was lots of side work at the end of your shifts so the days seemed pretty long. There was some favoritism shown at times when it came to scheduling and sections.

Great people, horrible corporation.

Server (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsThe people I work with are absolutely amazing, never have felt more like a family in another of job. Pay is 95% tips and you can make easy $200 a day on a double.

ConsAll of your shifts are going to be based off of your stacker score which is made up of app/dessert sales, loyalty registered to tickets, beverages, and guest service reviews. Doesn't matter how hard you work or how amazing you are if you have a bad score you will not get good shifts. Also some stores give wright ups for their bottom 20% and three wright ups you're fired. And if your stacker score is low you also can't pick up shifts to try to improve your score.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your hard working employees the better shifts and stop threatening your employees with bad shifts because of their stacker scores. Just because they don't meet scores doesn't mean they are making customers come back.

Bad management

Host (Current Employee)

ProsNice people and good discount

ConsTerrible with hiring managers.

Bad location = bad service

Host (Former Employee) Rockaway, NJ

ProsFun friendly environment with good opportunities for advancing.

ConsAt my location it seemed that there was a new manager each month.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a stronger support system. People can snap during busy nights and its important to know that there is a team behind you if something goes wrong.

Great

Cashier (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsLove it. nice workers. I am at this job to make some cash on the side. I am fine.

ConsFast paced and a bit monotonous, but I like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being cognizant of worker needs

Was allow to grow from dish-washer through salaried manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood strong culture, lots of opportunities for growth.

ConsIf you are an assistant manager much of your work-life balance rests on the quality of your GM.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally watch and make sure that GMs are scheduling themselves for peak times... I've seen several restaurants where the GM managed to only work a few peak times a year.

Great years at Red Robin

Server (Current Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsFast paced, good money, friendly, fun environment.

ConsBeing busy can lead to being sloppy.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork hard! The busy restaurant is not a laid back office environment!

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!