Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros:
  • "Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Work with great people who could lift your spirits"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests"
    in 11 reviews
  • "long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great for Team Members, decent for managers

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

ProsGreat culture, pretty good bonus structure, easy to seek knowledge and learn from others. I like that there is a culture of sharing knowledge as well as caring about the team member

ConsScheduling for managers is not so great. If you are lucky to have an awesome General Manager who cares about your quality of life then you can work a decent schedule but it can be tricky.

Kiss your social life goodbye

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsFree meals and health benefits.

ConsHypocritical, contradicting, favoritism and managers fraternization.

Advice to Senior ManagementExplore your options before moving into a Management position.

Red robin needs Jesus!! Or something to help them treat employees better

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsPeople I work with, flexible hours

ConsWay too corporate.. And low quality food for too much money... Expos recently got tips taken away, which in the many years I've worked there, this is the second time red robin has changed how much their employees should get paid... Very unethical.. And they don't show any concern for it what so ever. It's solely just "surprise, like it or not you no longer are going to be making money." Servers are also angry about this as they know the work ethic of the expos will go down because before they were willing to help in any case, now they won't, servers are not paying them... On top of that they have taken away 50% off on any food for team members that actually do the hard work for the restaurant and give 250$ per quarter to most corporate employees... Every time these corporate employees come into my restaurant they barely tip 15%... Really? Honestly red robin treats there employees like trash, at least the ones that work within the restaurants.... But then they expect everyone to go above and beyond with a smile on their face when nothing is given in return except the false promises of a "great future" for red robin... In all the time I have worked here I have watched this company slowly drown... It is a failing company that always is making changes in hopes that it will grab the guests and keep them coming back...but guests are looking else where now... With all the other options like five guys that actually serves fresh food not half microwaved food or hockey puck burnt burgers, at half the cost, I don't blame the guests... A couple weeks ago, a guy in my kitchen was yelled at because he threw away 16 burgers that had freezer burn and we're pure grey, he has pictures to prove, unlike the regular uncooked burger color of red... That manager on duty had said that we really needed to watch food cost... So, bottom line, employees within the restaurants are being trained to serve poor food to guests to save red robin money, degraded for choosing to do the right thing, and lastly the guests are NOT getting good quality food... What kind of company is this? I am very passionate about this kind of stuff, and this is morally wrong.. The people at the top should be ashamed of themselves!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like humans... And corporate really needs to try and understand its market... People want good food that tastes great and is fresh at a decent price... There is no reason to charge 15$ for a burger because it's angus patty... And stop making changes on how much people make an hour by decreasing it.. Cutting peoples pay no matter how you do it, within the law or not is wrong... Your employees have mouths to feed, bills to pay too, and most are going to school and paying for it! We're not just dogs...Please try and remember those things... It would be very appreciated

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a learning experience

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Hurst, TX

ProsThe food is good and has variety. Team members were good people to work with. The benefits are not many. The location by mall is in a great location spot.

ConsCould be difficult to grow, because in Texas are small Franchises.
    I had a bad experience in the restaurant I was, bad maybe it was only one.
    No values in that store. I couldn't take vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsurance is not bad, bu could be better. That specific store has the highest team members and managers turn over. Working environment could improve.

Red Robin is a fun fast paced movng environment with room for advancement.

Server (Current Employee)
    Bowie, MD

ProsFun, fast paced environment with room for advancement

ConsInadequate supervisors and dealing with guests is always a struggle

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people

Line Cook

Line Cook (Former Employee)
    South Plainfield, NJ

ProsGreat location good hours some times descent pay clean work environment and paperless. Duties fast paced and on point.

ConsManagement was very shady and unprofessional. Managers in training

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers in training

Corporate environment, great for new servers

Server (Former Employee)
    Merrillville, IN

ProsI got hired with no serving experience and was trained via corporate handbook. Crash course in how to serve the right way for casual dining. All my employees were great.

ConsOverstaffed, a lot of walk-outs which you had to pay for, rowdy kids & bad tippers...(I averaged $60/night when the next place I went to, I averaged $100/night). Rules/structures too rigid for my liking. Had to tip out A LOT of people.

Not a valued employee; just a dollar sign.

Hospitality (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, lots of hours during busy season, opportunity for tips.

ConsManagement doesn't value you; you are just a dollar sign to them, too many corporate rules that don't really matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people, not numbers. Give more recognition and reward; it's a hard job.

managers could be alot better

Server and Mixologist (Current Employee)

ProsWorking with people, Money is good

ConsManagers are unprofessional, and moving up is impossible unless you plan on serving for at least 5 years

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate those who actually show up to work on time.

Experience for a higher serving position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslot's of team work. Pretty good party culture if that's what you are looking for.

ConsCan get really slammed. There are often surprise big tops late at night.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Robin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Robin CEO Stephen E. (Steve) Carley. All 317 reviews posted anonymously by Red Robin employees.