Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9(in 19 reviews)

• Work with great people who could lift your spirits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests(in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork(in 11 reviews)

Worst Company I have ever been employed by.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI'm really thinking hard about this question but can't find anything that was positive about Red Robin.

ConsThe entire company from the CEO to Human Resources department don't care about anyone but themselves. They are very deceptive. They lie and break labor laws like they are a joke. They have no concept of what a company policy means or how to enforce them. As long as the Board of Directors are getting there pockets lined with stacks of cash and stock options this company will operate as a fascist state.
    If you work here, I warn you not to call the Red Robin Whistle Blower phone number. You will be investigated by the Nazi.HR Department and then they will discriminate and harass you until you quit or fire you for no reason.
    Bottom line is they don't care. They tell you they do in orientation but it's a huge lie. They talk about core values and helping others through there bogus Caring Program in which you must donate from your weekly pay check. But it's a scam.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will all have to account to God one day. I know where I'm heading, I think your all heading a little further south than me!

Assistant manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, good compensation, the other assistant managers really worked hard too, if you like to not sleep, this is the place for you

ConsHorrible work/life balance. After a lifetime in the restaurant biz, this place showed me how ruthless a company can be in pursuit of the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is only about the numbers, everything else doesn't matter

Great food, great commitment to service, corporate culture not always upheld.

Server (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsFast paced, lots of tables (Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg IL), fun atmosphere, good food, decent value, flexible hours.

ConsLong hours. No real opportunity for advancement. Rarely positively affirmed

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the employees and your entire company would run smoother.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hospitality

Hospitality (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsBeing a restaurant chain their train process is designed to prepare you for every situation. Good opportunity working for a well known national company. Great part-time job for teenagers and those looking to save money while in school.

ConsTedious training process, but really get you ready for the job. Prepare for multiple tests and follow ups after every test with a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are there to control every section of the restaurant so you will always have someone there if help is needed.

Good money, bad management

Waitress (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

Prosgreat money, great managers (a few), fast out times

ConsThe kinds of people the restaurant bring are TERRIBLE (taking everything thats "bottomless" as a food challenge, managers push you to sell drinks apps and deserts which is good and bad thing your schedule is written based on how much you can sell, some managers pick their favorites, assistant managers take their 12$ an hour name like they're so much better than you. Scheduling sucks, if you double you stay on far to long than needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach you management that they're employees are what sell the burgers and if they're not happy neither are the customers.

manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can move up fast into management, but who would want to??

ConsTheir salary is a 55 hour work week. You need to work 5 day a week and 11 hour days. No time for anything else. All you do is work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the hours down your taking advantage of your employee

Easy but irritating

Sales Support (Current Employee)

ProsThe people who work here are typically nice and friendly and make conversation. There is always funny moments when it's slow.

ConsEveryone it for themselves, seems to be a lot of two-faced people, if you are nice and a hard worker you are immediately taken advantage of by everyone. The management doesn't care what happens, people talk about others in front of management and management will just laugh about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to separate themselves from having favorites, and to work on disciplining those who are making fun of other employees.

Quick money/Stressful management

Server (Current Employee)

ProsHours are very flexible, and our scheduling is done online, so its easy to pick up and release shifts. They look to hire friendly, upbeat people so coworkers are nice and fun to be with.

ConsManagement is difficult to work with. They are constantly on top of you to upsell, make suggestions for all courses of the meal, etc. Not that these are bad things, but to be asked to constantly do this for all interactions with your table...its too much. Feedback from management also always tends to be negative...not a lot of positive. My co-workers and I often feel underappreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore appreciation of your lower level/hardworking staff would be appreciated. They are the ones who make your company run.

Sale Support Review

ProsDiscount meals are a plus

ConsBad management. No room to advance.

Great place to learn restaurant systems

Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat restaurant systems, time lines and planning tools. Very high quality standards for food, staff and management team.

ConsPoor quality of life, managers are required to work 50 but we often put in 60-70. Budgets are cookie cutter for every restaurant. Very male manager focused in Washington state.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great job for a driven person with out a family. Hours are long and the work in hard but you can learn a lot.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!